Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #31
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default Re: Are we witnessing a really great era in sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
You know he is. There hasn't been a player in the NFL more talented than Megatron in the past 10 years.
physically? maybe. but your earlier statement is what i had a problem with. have you heard of jerry rice? how about randy moss?
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
iamgine

iamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Graf > Serena IMO
Yeah I guess I was saying that her level of play was at least comparable or better than Graf. Not accomplishment wise.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #33
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
Doesn't even begin to compete with the 90's.

We had Jordan winning 6 rings, as well as one of the greatest eras of bigmen:
Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Mutombo, Daugherty, Mourning, O'Neal, Duncan (was drafted in 90's), etc.

Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Jagr, Messier and many more in the NHL

Marino, Young, Favre, Aikman, etc

Also, boxing was still great, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis.

Olympic sprinters were celebrities, Michael Johnson, Donovan Bailey.

I know nothing about baseball, but I'm sure there were some good players in the 90's. Sosa etc.... right?

Being subjective I'll say the 80's was the best era for basketball, as a general sports fan then the 90's for sure.

Hockey, absolutely, the 90's was the best. Especially being Canadian where the all franchises were very strong

Football I'd still go with the 00's.

I'll give you boxing, but MMA's popularity rise outdoes boxing in the nineties.

Xtreme sports, Federer/Nadal, Tiger, Messi... they all belong in the 00's
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #34
BuffaloBill
HillBilly

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
physically? maybe. but your earlier statement is what i had a problem with. have you heard of jerry rice? how about randy moss?

He will be better than Jerry Rice. And the amazing part is that he will do it without Joe Montana and Steve Young. Megatron is unstoppable, the NFL has never had a player like him before. This is the NFL equivalent to watching Wilt Chamberlain in his prime.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
He will be better than Jerry Rice. And the amazing part is that he will do it without Joe Montana and Steve Young. Megatron is unstoppable, the NFL has never had a player like him before. This is the NFL equivalent to watching Wilt Chamberlain in his prime.
i wish i shared you optimism
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #36
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Say your teams please.
I'm european, so i'm unbiased.

I'm a Blazers, future Redskin (now with RGIII), and UConn fan.
good choice

and lol at megatron being better than rice. i love the guy (check out the nfl forum) but rice's numbers are godly
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Another thing to consider is the evolution of the sport. We should see athletes get bigger, stronger and faster.

It doesn't always translate to better players, but the potential is increased.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #38
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It depends what sports you follow/care about. I'd say that only MMA is better now. Baseball is down, hockey is down, basketball is down, and football is down.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: