Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board
Default Re: iPhone 4 vs 4S

Windows phone 7 is a pretty solid OS, the screen movement is more fluid than android/iphone and its highly stable. The only problem is the app selection and the only thing you could do to customize are changing the theme colors
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

IOS 6 is going to be better on the 4S, the regular version is too weak to support the new 3D maps / GPS. But the by the time that comes out, we'll have the Iphone 5.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I had a few android phones. Just got an iPhone4s a few months ago. Its night and day. I will never ever go back to android. Totally inferior product if you ask me. Yes you can customize them more and play an HD movie from your phone to your TV but ask yourself when the f*ck are you ever going to do that? Wouldn't you rather have a phone that just performs like the day you bought it every single day of its life?
It depends on what you want. If you want an easy going phone and its limitations don't halt your everyday use then the iPhone series isn't a bad choice. The UI is spot on and the software alone makes it a competitive phone in the market, and it's alluring design and the iTunes & App store is what really makes it over the top. And I have to mention the customer service, hands down the best you can find anywhere other than Google itself (Google doesn't manufacture it's own mobile hardware unfortunately).

But there isn't much of case over android phones. The 4.0 and 4.1 interface and software itself is pretty inferior to iOS. Or atleast in my opinion and my experience. But the community in ROM and modding has made it so that isn't a problem. Cyanogen is a great base that is pretty much head and shoulders above iOS. It can make old android models seem like new hardware. So phone operating system, the android wins. So incredibly customizable. Something which Google aimed for and succeeded.

As hardware goes, Android wins again. The variety alone is a plus, but the new nVidia Tegra 3 and Snapdragon processors blow away Apple benchmarks in both phones and tablet-ipad tests. It's clearly better. The S III release proves to be the best phone available in the market, and the Note II which is soon to be released, but will unfortunately get shadowed by the iPhone 5 and the apple cult following. And as it's software, it's also customizable. Switchable batteries, screen, even the processor can be upgraded if you're craft enough. A friend of mine modded his S II to add on a better internal DAC for a better music output.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S II X. Wonderful phone, clearly better than the iPhone 4s. Glad I made such a purchase. But I will be upgrading to the Note II. Especially if the NA version gets the new Snapdragon processor that apparently shitted on Tegra 3 in benchmark tests.

It comes down to personal preference, but it's hard to argue for iPhone as compared to Android. May I ask what Android phone you had? And what iPhone you upgraded to?
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
It depends on what you want. If you want an easy going phone and its limitations don't halt your everyday use then the iPhone series isn't a bad choice. The UI is spot on and the software alone makes it a competitive phone in the market, and it's alluring design and the iTunes & App store is what really makes it over the top. And I have to mention the customer service, hands down the best you can find anywhere other than Google itself (Google doesn't manufacture it's own mobile hardware unfortunately).

But there isn't much of case over android phones. The 4.0 and 4.1 interface and software itself is pretty inferior to iOS. Or atleast in my opinion and my experience. But the community in ROM and modding has made it so that isn't a problem. Cyanogen is a great base that is pretty much head and shoulders above iOS. It can make old android models seem like new hardware. So phone operating system, the android wins. So incredibly customizable. Something which Google aimed for and succeeded.

As hardware goes, Android wins again. The variety alone is a plus, but the new nVidia Tegra 3 and Snapdragon processors blow away Apple benchmarks in both phones and tablet-ipad tests. It's clearly better. The S III release proves to be the best phone available in the market, and the Note II which is soon to be released, but will unfortunately get shadowed by the iPhone 5 and the apple cult following. And as it's software, it's also customizable. Switchable batteries, screen, even the processor can be upgraded if you're craft enough. A friend of mine modded his S II to add on a better internal DAC for a better music output.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S II X. Wonderful phone, clearly better than the iPhone 4s. Glad I made such a purchase. But I will be upgrading to the Note II. Especially if the NA version gets the new Snapdragon processor that apparently shitted on Tegra 3 in benchmark tests.

It comes down to personal preference, but it's hard to argue for iPhone as compared to Android. May I ask what Android phone you had? And what iPhone you upgraded to?
this guy knows what he's talking about.

my reply would have simply been "fuck iphone, get an android"
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #20
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
this guy knows what he's talking about.

my reply would have simply been "fuck iphone, get an android"
I'd actually buy an iPhone if it weren't for it's insane prices and limitations. I heard the iPhone 5 is going to have a removable back to see the inside and replace the battery. Which is pretty awesome.

Flash has also been a huge problem. It's such a key quality in web browsing. Something I hated on my old iPhone. But as HTML 5 advances, it will become obsolete, but till then the iOS still has that major hole.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: