Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #16
jalbert009
High School JV MVP

jalbert009 has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 11-20 NBA Players of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
(before you ask about Mikan not being on this list at all and Cousy's low placement, I don't count the pre-shot clock NBA in GOAT lists)

I understand how you feel about that but this is an All-Time List and we cant fault players for playing in a particular era.
jalbert009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #17
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
edited my post with Isiah reasoning...in general, I have him multiple echelons above Stockton, to whom he's often compared

True. I've always thought Zeke > Stockton anyways.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #18
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbert009
I understand how you feel about that but this is an All-Time List and we cant fault players for playing in a particular era.

that wasn't a different era, it was a different game entirely

I'm fine agreeing to disagree, but from my understanding the shot clock is a large reason why Mikan retired (though I believe wear-and-tear also played a part)...if he was born 10 years later, I have no reason to believe he'd be any more than a fringe top 10 player in the 60s NBA
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #19
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
it didn't make much of a difference, he was already there after last season; Dirk's never had a season like 08-09, and (despite the biased ref claims, which I'm not going to deal with here) Wade had an amazing postseason in 06

Wade's also come close twice...if he doesn't go down in 05 he'd have another ship (Shaq probably wins the Finals MVP that season, I actually think he would've won MVP if he was healthy or if the voting shook out differently, which would've jumped him ahead of Bird AND Kobe); last season LeBron's poor Finals robbed him of a second Finals MVP (he outscored and outshot Dirk for the series, and even though he didn't equal Nowitzki in 4th quarters, he was still HUGE)

he wins it in 08-09 if LeBron doesn't have an all-time great season...Wade wins the MVP 90% of other seasons

do you count West as a PG or SG? if he's the former, then as I said above, Wade is already 3rd

Agreed with you on all points. People sleep on Wade too much. Loved seeing him dominate the #1 defense Pistons in 06 ECF.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #20
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Agreed with you on all points. People sleep on Wade too much. Loved seeing him dominate the #1 defense Pistons in 06 ECF.

fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #21
WockaVodka
Banned

WockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
They were 5th on d that season, they werne't much of a defense team when saunders took over for brown
WockaVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #22
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by WockaVodka
They were 5th on d that season, they werne't much of a defense team when saunders took over for brown

Fail on my part. Still loved seeing him do damage though. I was a big Pistons hater. Liked Big Ben, but couldn't stand that team.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #23
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has not been impressing people

Wade is not top 25
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #24
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster

Dirk Nowitzki is way the **** overrated if he's cracking Top 20 list, SMH.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #25
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

11 Oscar
12 West
13 Moses
14 Dr. J
15 Sir Charles
16 Karl Malone
17 Garnett
18 Robinson
19 Pippen
20 Dirk
21 Zeke
22 Drexler
23 Stockton
24 Wade
25 Chris Bosh

KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #26
JBull
THE CHAMP IS HERE

JBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP CITY
Dirk Nowitzki is way the **** overrated if he's cracking Top 20 list, SMH.

He is easily top 20.
JBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:04 AM   #27
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here

Can someone explain me why is Dirk so high??? And why is he higher than Wade on almost everybody's list???
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #28
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
Can someone explain me why is Dirk so high??? And why is he higher than Wade on almost everybody's list???
Wade at his absolute peak was better than Dirk at his absolute peak but Dirk's peak lasted longer. Dirk has just simply put up more dominant seasons than Wade has so far in their careers.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #29
NiHao
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NiHao is considered somewhat coolNiHao is considered somewhat coolNiHao is considered somewhat cool

I put them in tiers, no particular order in one tier.

11-14
11.Moses Malone
12.LeBron James
13.Jerry West
14.George Mikan

15-25
15.Julius Erving
16.Oscar Robertson
17.Karl Malone
18.Bob Pettit
19.Isiah Thomas
20.Bob Cousy
21.Charles Barkley
22.Dirk Nowitzki
23.Kevin Garnett
24.John Havlicek
25.Elgin Baylor
NiHao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #30
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHao
I put them in tiers, no particular order in one tier.

11-14
11.Moses Malone
12.LeBron James
13.Jerry West
14.George Mikan

15-25
15.Julius Erving
16.Oscar Robertson
17.Karl Malone
18.Bob Pettit
19.Isiah Thomas
20.Bob Cousy
21.Charles Barkley
22.Dirk Nowitzki
23.Kevin Garnett
24.John Havlicek
25.Elgin Baylor

I agree with your posts. I think Wade is a top 30 players of all time. It sucks that he missed a lot of games in his NBA Career.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: