Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default JR Smith to Charlotte? - According to Chad Ford its possible

Quote:
A trade is another possibility for Jordan. Bickerstaff has been pretty vocal about the fact that the Bobcats would be willing to deal down for multiple assets.

One rumor has the Bobcats swapping with the Hornets in a deal that would bring Charlotte the No. 12 and No. 15 picks along with J. R. Smith for the No. 3 pick. However, an NBA team source laughed off the rumor, saying that Smith is not a Bickerstaff-type of player.

If that trade is on the table then we would be stupid to turn it down. JR is more talented than anybody in this draft, only 20 years old and we get to move down and get a more Bickerstaff friendly player like Carney or Brewer with one pick and perhaps a big like Sene or Simmons with the 15th. This seems like a homerun to me.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

we would be stupid not to do this
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I would do it. JR Smith needs a change in scenery and he has the skills to thrive beside Wallace. We can also get depth with the 2 first round picks.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
HornetsFan4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HornetsFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Yes, this would be a great deal for Charlotte. Smith has the potential, and I personally think the Hornets should hold on to him, buuuut for the #3 pick in this years draft I would move him and our 2 picks in a heartbeat. Anyways, congrads to all you 'Cats fans for getting MJ aboard. The Hornets would probably still be there today if Shinn had allowed him to buy in, and we would have seen Jordan 23 in purple and teal for a few years too.... ahhhh, what could have been. Good Luck this season, hopefully you guys will support the Bobcats like we used to support the Hornets back in the days.
HornetsFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 AM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

If you guys can pull out this trade and land JR Smith, Im on the bandwagon. Big JR Smith fan here, been watching him since St. Benedicts.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #6
djfleet
I airball my layups

djfleet has an OK reputation so far

if this goes down it's highway robbery for the bobcats...but then again the hornets make out nice and get a young big to compliment chris paul and it's not like jr was getting any burn under tsar byron anyways
djfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:55 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

i guess it's not happening since this is the last we've heard of it
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #8
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Michael Jordan will sign off on this.

JR Smith never showed up at UNC, leaving early and left the basketball program hurting a little. Tar Heels never forgive or forget.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:35 AM   #9
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

That would be highway robery if we got that deal. We could take 2 more young talented players along with a future stud at 2 guard. That would be absolute beast.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: