Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Team mates attitude

I need help, only been playing for a few years, but ive often found that if my team mate argues with the ref or keeps complaining bout foul calls it throws my whole game off and I lose all confidence.

How do I prevent this? How can I play my best despite my teammates actions or attitudes?
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Team mates attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
I need help, only been playing for a few years, but ive often found that if my team mate argues with the ref or keeps complaining bout foul calls it throws my whole game off and I lose all confidence.

How do I prevent this? How can I play my best despite my teammates actions or attitudes?

Talk to your teammate(s), if it's one or two guys you should make it clear that it disrupts your game and arguing with the ref doesn't help anyway. Show maturity and wish to make the team better. You better = team better, because I don't think your teammates get better by arguing about calls.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you're afraid of confrontation and making things worse with your teammates, I recommend positive reaffirmation. Some people respond best when someone's straight up with them, meaning if they're arguing with a ref, they need to hear someone say, "Dude, shut up and play some defense". More often, I think teammates respond better to positive re-directions. Things like, "We're alright, let's get another stop." Or, "We're good, we're good. Let's play through this." Recognize the issue, overcome.

On the flip side, I understand how the arguing may annoy you, but how does it destroy your confidence? It's not as if they're arguing with you directly about your game.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know, all I know is once they start arguing, it's like I stop careing or start thinking too much -.- all I know is my game goes out the window. I feel as though my team doesn't trust me or agree with my decisions anyway, even though I have proven over and over that I'm the best on this team.

It's mainly just one guy, but I've told him to stop arguing, told him to take his time and all that good stuff. But I swear his retarded, everything just straight through his head. And then he acts like his listening but very next play his straight back at it.

So yeah, I was more after a way where I can just block him out somehow. Like get my flow going despite his actions.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just tell him to stfu and play the game, we aint nba players. we fcking regular ball players here
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
TMacMagic
I hit open 5-footers

TMacMagic has decent reputation

Tell him that you're the Michael Jordan of streetball and to stop hatin'.
TMacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: