Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #136
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wnba

It would seem this game needs some more tinkering...
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #137
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
It would seem this game needs some more tinkering...
Well it also has to do with my comprehension abilities..smh..

My badz
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #138
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What?Activity in the WNBA forum?

opens thread

Cool a game of thrones game.

Wait what the **** are all these numbers and shit?
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #139
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The idea was to match up #'s in defense against attack and body guard against assassins.. then have buffs and a debuff for the numbers.. but it seems a little cluttered and complicated..

I'll keep seeing if I can rework it. In theory this game works though.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #140
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
What?Activity in the WNBA forum?

opens thread

Cool a game of thrones game.

Wait what the **** are all these numbers and shit?
Yeah im having trouble grasping the strategic game myself.. Although I do have a vague idea of the endgame and it seems like it could be cool
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #141
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

The game needs scenarios and since ASOIAF has a rich history it would be easy. Here is an example how this game could work within a scenario:
Robert Baratheon has just called on his bannermen to revolt against King Aerys II knowing he has Ned's and Jon's backing. There is news of the Tullys joining the cause too.
Game starts from here and each player is situated on Westeros' map in correspondence to their first pick. Each turn takes two weeks which means a maximum total of 48 moves for this scenario.
The scenario has three different phases with a maximum of 16 turns per phase save for the third.
Phase I: Recon (AGOT)
During this phase players should use their scouts and assassins for reconnaissance and crippling the opponents. Players also get to move their armies during this phase or choose to improve them via recruitment/advanced training or weapons upgrade. Another option is to upgrade one's castle and fortify defenses.
Players also get to send envoys/ravens to plot new alliances or struck right of passage deals etc.
Players do not have the option to attack another kingdom during this phase but their armies can move freely unless exposed by an enemy's scout. In case of discovery the particular army will receive a -30% strength penalty and vulnerable to an attack from the army that which the scout owes allegiance to the next turn as long as the defending army is situated somewhere within their own territory. The -30% penalty will be active unless the scout is killed/moved or the affected army moves out of the hostile territory into a friendly one.

Phase II: Fog of War (ASOS)
The time for covert affairs is over and players get to attack their enemies and conquer their kingdoms. This phase will feature the mandatory battle of Summerhall where Robert has to defend Storm's end from loyalist forces. This is a decisive battle whose end determines the course of the game since in case of Robert's defeat he will die and his army will perish completely leaving the rest of rebel forces in disarray and alone (morale hit). In case of a rebel win the Storm's end army receives a 10% upgrade in all values and its castle will be rendered invulnerable.
The loyalist forces have three turns to reach the Stormlands or the battle will be forfeited in favor of the rebels. Apart from this main battle the rest of the phase will be up to the players to fight it out.

Phase III: The Reckoning
This phase features another decisive battle "Battle of the Trident". Both rebel forces and loyalists have three turns within this phase to reach the trident and battle it out. The victors will gain a +20% morale boost and shall not face opposition on their way to either King's Landing or Storm's End. This phase is consisted of only 8 turns which means if the victors do not manage to reach KL/SE in time and conquer them Westeros will succumb to chaos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1- Draft does not need to change much just some modifications to accommodate the changes due to the setting.
2- I'm introducing concepts of stand alone armies for each house based on my own calculations and numerous discussions on the issue and a bit of balancing the numbers to suit the game.

Winterfell: 60000. 4 to 1 foot to cavalry but lacking a fleet.

Pyke: 35000 foot soldiers all sea warriors with 500 longships including a number of bigass 100+ oar battleships.

Riverrun: 45000. 3-1 foot to cavalry, limited scout ships (boats).

Eyrie: 45000. 3-1 foot to cavalry, limited fleet situated in Gulltown.

Casterly Rock: 60 000. 2-1 foot to cavalry, a fleet of 50-60 larger ships and some longships.

The Reach: 70000. 3-1 foot to cavalry, a fleet of 200 ships with 100 oars or more

Stormlands: 30000, 4-1 foot to cavalry, no fleet badass castles.

Dorne: 30000. 2-1 foot to cavalry, limited fleet.

3- Morale and Mobility: In addition to A/D I suggest adding the two values to account for assassinations, news of defeat, friendly/hostile terrain, foot to cavalry ratio and such. Morale boosts or hits impact the A/D/Mobility of the whole army, Robert's death in Summerhall would mean a morale hit of -50% on the rebel armies for three turns e.g.
Mobility rules: An army within a city requires one turn to prepare to march, all armies are located within the castle capital of the region by default at the beginning. After that it takes one turn to reach any location within one's own territory and another turn to enter an alien region.
When in hostile territory or stealth mode, armies take two turns to reach a city/town or 4 runs to reach the capital of a hostile house.
Mobility value is based on 100% foot which means the above is subject to change based on the army's foot to cavalry ratio.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game will need a moderator/all seeing eye/God/Yo Daddy! which I will be glad to for the first time. Feel free to ask/comment/recommend since beyond this point it needs second opinions and tests to develop.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #142
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Wow, okay.. that was a lot to take in. Would we take away the stats that I have for each player?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #143
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Wow, okay.. that was a lot to take in. Would we take away the stats that I have for each player?
Of course not, I built it based on your foundation, we'd just need to modify the draft list to include/exclude names that are proper to the setting of the given scenario.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #144
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Of course not, I built it based on your foundation, we'd just need to modify the draft list to include/exclude names that are proper to the setting of the given scenario.

Okay. If we draft say.. Winterfell in my version you could also draft Tywin Lannister. I'm guessing in your version the lands and people stay together i.e. Ned, The North. Tywin, The Westerlands etc..
Old 09-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #145
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Okay. If we draft say.. Winterfell in my version you could also draft Tywin Lannister. I'm guessing in your version the lands and people stay together i.e. Ned, The North. Tywin, The Westerlands etc..
Well it depends if we wanna keep it strictly scenario based or make it a bit more flexible. That said, I predicted such thing that is why Phase I is about plotting future moves. Imagine you draft Jon and the Vale and I do the Reach then during Phase I we exchange ravens and one of us joins the others' cause leading to a bigass surprise come Phase II.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #146
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Well it depends if we wanna keep it strictly scenario based or make it a bit more flexible. That said, I predicted such thing that is why Phase I is about plotting future moves. Imagine you draft Jon and the Vale and I do the Reach then during Phase I we exchange ravens and one of us joins the others' cause leading to a bigass surprise come Phase II.
What do we need to do to get this in the beta phase?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #147
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
What do we need to do to get this in the beta phase?
Not much, come up with a draft list relevant to the scenario then get players who are prepared to join in for a testing phase. Also if you see any shortcomings or holes in my suggested scenario point them out so we can fix them.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #148
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I think though, and ZeN here was a bit of the guineu pig... that the numbers and what they do and how they get added up needs re working.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #149
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
I think though, and ZeN here was a bit of the guineu pig... that the numbers and what they do and how they get added up needs re working.
We should work on it then, what stuff didn't work and what hindered the game?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #150
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
We should work on it then, what stuff didn't work and what hindered the game?
Well now I wish I didn't delete them all.. I think adding up the categories and how I was placing them was a bit clunky. When I was making the game I thought it needed to be more stream lined but once we played it definitely showed that it needed tweaking...

I can't remember exactly how I had it but it was set up where your body guard points went against my assassin points.. and then vice versa. My attack points against your defense points and vice versa.. I also had command points that could be used to bolster your attack or defense points.. There was more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

I wonder if this would be better suited if we were the leaders of the countries and then had "political talks" we could each be trying to get "Our guy" on the throne or installed as hand.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: