Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Kidds greatest impact to the team

Jason Kidd could give both good production and great leadership- but the 2 greatest impacts he could have are

1- turn shumpert into a full time pg- you don't understand the nba game if you don't know that by far shumperts highest ceiling is as a pg. Kidd could be the perfect guy to show him the ropes

2- turning jr smith into an off the ball scorer/shooter. Jr will be so much better when asked to do less. This years roster is the perfect storm to allow a huge improvement out of jr and Kidd will be a big part of it

Kidd can do both of those things and will go down as a great pickup- ESP if he can also allow Felton to thrive and be a great cheap contract pg to add to an amare deal. Are you as hopeful as me that this will happen?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 AM   #2
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kidds greatest impact to the team

1) Shumpert will never be a good PG. You can't teach the sort of things he lacks in that department.

2) We've been waiting, like, 7 years for JR to figure things out. I'll take the under on that happening now.

I'm hopeful you stop pouring shit into our brains with your idiotic posts.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the best thing kidd can give us at this time is stability, dont expect any flashy numbers from him, give us a good 20 minutes of efficient passing and a couple 3's

shumperts best ceiling is at 2 guard, he passing skills are below average but he should work on his shooting and continue to be a lockdown defender at the 2 spot

Hoping JR will learn to play more team oriented this season, or we cut him loose, i see dolan dishing out a big contract to him though (for his lin contract will be a problem in the locker room remarks, probably was happy he wasnt the only idiot to not agree to the lin deal)
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
1) Shumpert will never be a good PG. You can't teach the sort of things he lacks in that department.

2) We've been waiting, like, 7 years for JR to figure things out. I'll take the under on that happening now.

I'm hopeful you stop pouring shit into our brains with your idiotic posts.
Wow scooter tell him how you really feel. We are all knick fans here and everyone is gonna have different ideas, I dont think you coming at him like that is gonna change how he feels.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Scoooter, be nice.

If I had edited that, you'd ask, "what did I say"?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shumpert is a shooting guard. It'll be a waste of his ability to make him a PG.

JR Smith I think will benefit from Kidd though.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I apologize for my brusque countenance. I could have expressed that better.

I do however stand by the basic sentiment.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Jason Kidd could give both good production and great leadership- but the 2 greatest impacts he could have are

1- turn shumpert into a full time pg- you don't understand the nba game if you don't know that by far shumperts highest ceiling is as a pg. Kidd could be the perfect guy to show him the ropes

2- turning jr smith into an off the ball scorer/shooter. Jr will be so much better when asked to do less. This years roster is the perfect storm to allow a huge improvement out of jr and Kidd will be a big part of it

Kidd can do both of those things and will go down as a great pickup- ESP if he can also allow Felton to thrive and be a great cheap contract pg to add to an amare deal. Are you as hopeful as me that this will happen?

I actually would have completely agreed withyou last summer. However, I think we blew our window to convert Shump into a PG. He's already molded is game physically and mentally into a SG. I also however thought he's make a good PG if we started him off that way.

I agree with the second part also. I think the less you ask JR to do, the more deadly he becomes. When he starts "dancing and prancing", as Clyde would say, is when you want to beat his brains with a sledgehammer.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i thought we did give shumpert the keys as pg for a few games last season, but he couldnt handle it for a full game

i think in spurts, you can give him the rock, but he gets lost if left out there for a whole game

hes a better passer as a 2 guard when there is less pressure on him to get teammates involved
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i thought we did give shumpert the keys as pg for a few games last season, but he couldnt handle it for a full game

i think in spurts, you can give him the rock, but he gets lost if left out there for a whole game

hes a better passer as a 2 guard when there is less pressure on him to get teammates involved

We let him play pg because Douglas stunk so bad but we never tried to "develop" him at the pg position.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Positions are over rated- it's more about who you cover and who covers you than filling specific roles. ESP in the nba- in junior high/ hs even college the pg fills the pg role more traditionally than in the nba. At the lower levels just getting it up the court is an accomplishment. In the nba anybody can get it up- many teams use different players to actually "initiate offense".

The reason shumperts highest ceiling is at pg is he can cover on ball, and he can break down defenders and give the other team a mismatch problem. Who is easier to cover? Carmelo/jr/shumpert or Carmelo/jr/Felton?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

At their respective bests, Felton is a better shooter, ball handler, and passer.

None of those four have a particularly noteworthy i.q. for the game though, so I'd start Kidd. You need someone with some brains out there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: