Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #16
Colbertnation64
I hit open 5-footers

Colbertnation64 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Any interest in watching the 1969 NBA all-star game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Hmmm yah I can keep my eye out for some and post it, it I'm sure I can come accross a few highlights of that type of defense against him. Just a heads up newspapers and interviews by other players suggest it was typically a tactic almost exclusively implemented by the Boston Celtics of the early 60's when Wilt's teams were structured to depend on his scoring abilities but not when Wilt played for teams coached by Alex Hannum as a high-post facilitator because they knew he would pass off to the open man as soon as a double came to him. This would explain why both 1964 NBA finals and 1967 NBA finals games of Wilt doesn't showcase much double-teaming from the Celtics. Seeing as how there is only limited footage of Wilt in the early 60s when his job was to score (and no games), it is probably why such little footage exists of these alleged double-teams but I'm confident that it was true and that I do have footage of it in my library.
What is hilarious is watching Wilts college games.

On every possession the entire defense would gravitate to Wilt. Some guys would be in back of him and two in front of him to try to deny a pass, and the second he caught it the entire team collapsed on him.

Colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #17
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

This is freaking awesome. People should watch it
Even the refs seem more athletic back then
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #18
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
This is freaking awesome. People should watch it
Even the refs seem more athletic back then
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=273710

here I made an official game thread - the second half is currently uploading
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: