Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #16
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
As an independent libertarian minded fellow, I fail to see the issue with an organization donating, or verbally stating their support for either side of any issue. To my knowledge, neither Chick-fil-a or the Magic organization discriminate against gay employees; so it would seem that both organizations are simply exercising their rights. I disagree with them on the issue, but it's not like I'm gonna boycott Chick-fil-a because their owner is exercising their freedom of speech.

Private message me when Orlando or Chick-fil-a try to deny Gay couples entrance into their venues, until then it's a non issue.

Exactly. I support gay couples, but Chik-fil-a is just expressing freedom of speech. They arent beating up gay people. they simply expressed their opinions
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

It's like their trying to sabotage their business. Why would you do this. You know it's not going to go over well.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #18
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
You use the word "mates" way too much. Also, stop calling a bunch of dudes "mate." They can't BE your "mate," because same sex marriage is illegal in most states here.

Did you intend for this to be funny, mate? It wasn't.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
Did you intend for this to be funny, mate? It wasn't.

There you go again. That's really desperate. You're like Madonna when she does that fake British accent.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #20
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
It's like their trying to sabotage their business. Why would you do this. You know it's not going to go over well.

Mate first of all you don't know the difference between 'their' and 'they're', second of all... maybe they did this out of passion, maybe out of calculation.

Chik fil A probably has a more conservative clientele anyway. The backlash they got from lefties who likely never eat there anyway was more than negated by the support they received from their right wing customers. They probably actually have seen surging sales since this whole kerfuffle began.

I don't bloody know if Orlando is a conservative or liberal town or somewhere in between, but maybe these blokes figure they can get more support from their hometown fans by makin this public. I'd reckon in general basketball fans are more liberal but then again, mate, NBA players themselves are known to shout 'fuckin faggot' when the mood strikes them. So maybe this calculation will pay off, who bloody well knows??
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

This definitely is an issue. No, they aren't right for supporting a rights-denying, old-age company that opposes fairness and rights for everybody. We are decades behind on this, and it's getting ridiculous. It's time to grow the hell up. Because of christianity and other religions, we are decades behind in technology, science and morals. It's time to change this.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #22
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

All I know mates is that Chris Bosh is certainly circling the Orlando game on his calendar, that's all I'm bloody sayin....
Old 08-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #23
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBull
I applaud them. I don't hate gays, but it's called holy matrimony for a reason.

Holy matrimony isn't defined by a sex.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #24
BabyBull
I brick open layups

BabyBull has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
This definitely is an issue. No, they aren't right for supporting a rights-denying, old-age company that opposes fairness and rights for everybody. We are decades behind on this, and it's getting ridiculous. It's time to grow the hell up. Because of christianity and other religions, we are decades behind in technology, science and morals. It's time to change this.
Marriage is a religious ceremony ... you do know that right ?

How can religion be holding back marriage when it's the route of the event ? The government doesn't get to come in and change it to accommodate gays.
BabyBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #25
BabyBull
I brick open layups

BabyBull has not been impressing people

Quote:
Holy matrimony isn't defined by a sex.
Yes it is, it is specifically defined, with tremendous detail.

I can't even believe you said that.
BabyBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #26
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Those are two separate issues, The first is whether or not it's an issue for someone to utilize their freedom of speech to take an unpopular stance on a controversial subject; whiles the other is simply whether or not their position on the issue is logical or moral.

Last edited by Yung D-Will : 08-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #27
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

Quote:
Marriage is a religious ceremony ... you do know that right ?

How can religion be holding back marriage when it's the route of the event ? The government doesn't get to come in and change it to accommodate gays.

They don't have to be. The reasons for marriage are to gain protection through the state. There is a separation of church & state. Which is why there are plenty of marriages done without religion involved in any way now. Marriage used to be purely religious, it is no longer that way. Religion should no longer be allowed to rule marriages.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

Quote:

My, someone is Queen of the Closet.

Step on out, sister! Show your pride.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #29
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

Quote:
Yes it is, it is specifically defined, with tremendous detail.

I can't even believe you said that.

Depends on where you look.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #30
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
My, someone is Queen of the Closet.

Step on out, sister! Show your pride.

I'm assuming that since you're posting here, you support the world-class athletes of the NBA. Does that make you a world-class athlete?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: