Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #31
DStebb716
Phil of the Future
 
DStebb716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,996
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Really the "Orlando Magic" didn't do anything. The owner did.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #32
JaggerCommaMick
Banned
 
JaggerCommaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 548
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
They don't have to be. The reasons for marriage are to gain protection through the state. There is a separation of church & state. Which is why there are plenty of marriages done without religion involved in any way now. Marriage used to be purely religious, it is no longer that way. Religion should no longer be allowed to rule marriages.


Mate, marriage arose in the first place due to the fundamental, distinctive dynamic of the opposite sexes. Religion provided the guidelines, but Ma Nature provided the necessity.

There is absolutely no POINT to a same sex marriage, mate! It's a silly notion, and queens like you only want it because you have a fetish for sticking it to the right wing faction in your country. Mate if you learned to compromise you'd probably get a lot farther instead of fighting stupid battles for your bloody ego. If you'd drop the whole 'marriage' thing, especially since it's absolutely, utterly unnecessary, you'd probably get some reciprocity on issues that actually are meaningful that others may be stubbornly refusing.

You're too schyoopid to understand there can be compromise and middle ground. The idear of same bloody sex marriage is quite silly, chap. If you were smart you'd use that as a sacrifice to encourage others to meet closer to your side on a real issue of importance. But people like you always take the extreme right or left side of every issue, and with you I suspect it's the left side. I bet there aint even one topic you have moderate views on. You're full on to the left, all day err'day. Why? Because mate you probably don't think rationally. You only see red and blue so you are on autopilot for blue. Show's a lack of intellectual development, mate.

Bloody madness, 'its not fair that a man and a man can't say they're married!' guess what mate, the dynamic in same sex relations aint the same as it is in opposite sex relations. That unique dynamic is the whole bloody antecedent to marriage, ya jackass!

Last edited by JaggerCommaMick : 08-06-2012 at 10:21 PM.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #33
JaggerCommaMick
Banned
 
JaggerCommaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 548
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
I'm assuming that since you're posting here, you support the world-class athletes of the NBA. Does that make you a world-class athlete?


No, but I aint supportin' em with whiny little hissy fits, mate.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #34
DStebb716
Phil of the Future
 
DStebb716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,996
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
No, but I aint supportin' em with whiny little hissy fits, mate.

No hissy fit, mate. I'm just saying that the issue of gay marriage's pure existence is a disgrace to this country, mate. We are denying human beings their rights to marriage for no reason, mate. The only reason is "because the bible says so," mate. Which it really doesn't, mate. People just want something to hate, mate. They want something they can oppose and take away from others, mate. Mainly because they have their own insecurities that they want to turn the attention away from, mate. In the bible it is pretty much more of a crime to be rich or fat than to be gay, but people ignore that completely, mate.

Mate, you see what I'm saying, mate?

















mate
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #35
Dr. Cheesesteak
Houston over Indy
 
Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 942
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Guess it's time for the libs to start vandalizing the Amway Center and degrading the Magic players in public. Man, I love libs! Spineless hypocrites.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #36
DStebb716
Phil of the Future
 
DStebb716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,996
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
Mate, marriage arose in the first place due to the fundamental, distinctive dynamic of the opposite sexes. Religion provided the guidelines, but Ma Nature provided the necessity.

There is absolutely no POINT to a same sex marriage, mate! It's a silly notion, and queens like you only want it because you have a fetish for sticking it to the right wing faction in your country. Mate if you learned to compromise you'd probably get a lot farther instead of fighting stupid battles for your bloody ego. If you'd drop the whole 'marriage' thing, especially since it's absolutely, utterly unnecessary, you'd probably get some reciprocity on issues that actually are meaningful that others may be stubbornly refusing.

You're too schyoopid to understand there can be compromise and middle ground. The idear of same bloody sex marriage is quite silly, chap. If you were smart you'd use that as a sacrifice to encourage others to meet closer to your side on a real issue of importance. But people like you always take the extreme right or left side of every issue, and with you I suspect it's the left side. I bet there aint even one topic you have moderate views on. You're full on to the left, all day err'day. Why? Because mate you probably don't think rationally. You only see red and blue so you are on autopilot for blue. Show's a lack of intellectual development, mate.

Bloody madness, 'its not fair that a man and a man can't say they're married!' guess what mate, the dynamic in same sex relations aint the same as it is in opposite sex relations. That unique dynamic is the whole bloody antecedent to marriage, ya jackass!

This is where you show your strong inability to understand a person off of a single view, mate. I have no "side." I have no "party." I am a person first. I don't just choose a side because I am "left, right, up, down, democrat, republican, whatever." I decide on an issue because it's how I feel. Don't act like you know me. If there's no big deal, then why not just let the people get married? It doesn't hurt anything and the government can make money off of it.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #37
KyrieTheFuture
College star
 
KyrieTheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,824
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

I highly doubt this dude is actually British but I'm pretty sure they are notorious for homophobia. So he's either trolling or anti-gay which is just a hilarious position to take these days. Being gay takes a lot of eligible men out of the selection pool you should be thanking them.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #38
guy
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,856
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Maybe they are just trying really hard to keep Howard by appealing to his Christian values?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #39
MetsPackers
new based god
 
MetsPackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,864
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Maybe they are just trying really hard to keep Howard by appealing to his Christian values?

MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #40
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,365
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Magic trying hard to take the title of worst franchise in sports away from the Clippers.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #41
JaggerCommaMick
Banned
 
JaggerCommaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 548
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Magic trying hard to take the title of worst franchise in sports away from the Clippers.

How so, mate? By consistently spending money to compete, making a Finals in the last 5 years, and supporting the preservation of a normal country?
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #42
Jameerthefear
JameerxManaka
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Go Magic
Posts: 19,289
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Magic trying hard to take the title of worst franchise in sports away from the Clippers.
I don't think that's possible.

Good job magic
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #43
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,365
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
How so, mate? By consistently spending money to compete, making a Finals in the last 5 years, and supporting the preservation of a normal country?

How many teams have had THREE number 1 picks overall in the last 20 years, and still don't have a ring to show for it? How many teams would allow the coach to throw their star player completely under the bus, and not reprimand him? How many teams could have a top 2 player in the league, and still run at a negative operating income?


Their arena is named after Amway, better known as Scamway.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #44
Is He Ill
Go Spurs Go!
 
Is He Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
There aint no point to same sex marriage, mates.

They deserve equal freedoms (which they have - all people are subject to the same guidelines of marrying the opposite sex), equal employment opportunities, and a life free of harassment and intimidation. But mates, what is the bloody point of a same sex marriage?

Mates the point of a straight marriage quite honestly is that a man wants access to a woman's honey jar, and in return she makes him commit to her. It's like an insurance policy for each and it unifies them domestically. Most marriages these days are ending in divorce anyhow, as a result of extended life expectancy, increased opportunities for infidelity, and relaxed viewpoints on the sanctity of the bloody thing anyway. Allowing homosexuals to start marrying each other is frivolous and unnecessary. You know how many spontaneous 'marriages' will result after two mates hook up at Trunks' Rainbow Bar? And how frequently ensuing annulments and divorces will happen? The dynamic aint the same as opposite sex relations, mate. This is an absolutely unnecessary Pandora's box to open up. It's sheer madness. Respect people for who they are but leave the marriage dynamic bloody well alone.

These people only 'want' it because they can't have it, mates. Marriage serves them no purpose. This is just frankly some political attention whorin' to the max. Drives me up the bloody wall.

Yeah, except for the benefits that a married couple receives. (ICU visitation rights,insurance benefits from spouse's employer, family rates for insurance, family leave if spouse is in need of care, etc...)
Is He Ill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #45
Jameerthefear
JameerxManaka
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Go Magic
Posts: 19,289
Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
How many teams have had THREE number 1 picks overall in the last 20 years, and still don't have a ring to show for it? How many teams would allow the coach to throw their star player completely under the bus, and not reprimand him? How many teams could have a top 2 player in the league, and still run at a negative operating income?


Their arena is named after Amway, better known as Scamway.
A Knicks fan making fun of other teams?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy