Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Best WR in the NFL (2012)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
strange that on some depth charts Julio is listed as the number 1

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/ATL

and I know that FF means little but they are both projected right next to each other this year in terms of stats...

ALSO, Julio's stats per game were just as good as White's LAST YEAR, when he was supposedly "very very raw"

Just because one player puts up the same stats as another player on the same team doesn't make them equals.

Defense game-planned to limit Roddy all year, rolling coverage his way much much more than to Julio....making Julio's life a bit easier.

However Julio is a great talent himself, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had a top 5 year next year and developed himself into that type of wideout. He's real good too. There's a reason they gave up so much to get him.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ouch
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
And this means what exactly? Is Terrance newman even employed anymore?

Roddy white on the other hand... 100 receptions in consecutive years. Better than any receiver in Dallas.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
And this means what exactly?

it means Newman tattooed White...

and yeah he plays for Cincy now...
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Damn, he hit White almost as hard as Dez hits his mother.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Damn, he hit White almost as hard as Dez hits his mother.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #22
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
1. Calvin Johnson

2a/2b. Andre Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald

the rest.

There's a big drop off from these three to the next receiver. Andre's injuries scare me though as a Texans fan. I wouldn't be surprised if AJ Green replaced Andre, dude is THAT good.

QFT. Calvin, Fitz and Andre, then the rest.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
Hands of Iron
[ Sickplicity 33 ]

Hands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I don't think it's a 3 horse race. Calvin Johnson sits firmly on the mantle.....

I'm predicting he will be, but he's still got to go out and do it. Andre and Fitz have been on top of the game for quite a while now to get completely knocked out of the conversation so easily.
Hands of Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #24
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I don't think it's a 3 horse race. Calvin Johnson sits firmly on the mantle.....then it becomes a race between others for 2nd like Fitzgerald, Johnson, Steve Smith, Roddy White, etc.... shit, you could even throw in AJ Green as he's going to get more accustomed to the offense, with his quarterback...and a full off-season/training camp to improve upon his skills.
where do u put stevie in all of that...is he on the level with steve smith ? dude got over on revis... it should count for somethin
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #25
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
where do u put stevie in all of that...is he on the level with steve smith ? dude got over on revis... it should count for somethin

Stevie's a really weird receiver. His route-running is so awkward that it probably confused the shit out of Revis. He's nowhere near the top 10 though.

1. Calvin Johnson
4. Steve Smith
5. Greg Jennings
6. Roddy White
7. Hakeem Nicks
8. Mike Wallace
9. Dwayne Bowe
10. AJ Green
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #26
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

I hate when people say "Calvin and no one comes close"

While I do feel Calvin is number one, I think people are being a little disrespectful to Fitzgerald who doesn't have a real quarterback throwing to him and hasn't had one since Kurt Warner.

It still has to go:

Calvin
Fitz
Andre
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #27
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I hate when people say "Calvin and no one comes close"

While I do feel Calvin is number one, I think people are being a little disrespectful to Fitzgerald who doesn't have a real quarterback throwing to him and hasn't had one since Kurt Warner.

It still has to go:

Calvin
Fitz
Andre

It's not disrespectful at all. It's simply the truth. Calvin's a potential GOAT and his rise to the #1 spot was undeniable. He was always in the discussion when it came to top receivers but he just needed that one monster year to do so. It was like that when Fitz exploded in the postseason and when Andre had those back to back 1500 yard seasons. Even when Fitz had Warner, he never had a season like what Calvin just put up.

If my team had any of these three I'd be happy which I do(Texans ), but if I had a choice I'm taking Calvin everytime with zero hesitation.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #28
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

Quote:
It's not disrespectful at all. It's simply the truth. Calvin's a potential GOAT and his rise to the #1 spot was undeniable. He was always in the discussion when it came to top receivers but he just needed that one monster year to do so. It was like that when Fitz exploded in the postseason and when Andre had those back to back 1500 yard seasons. Even when Fitz had Warner, he never had a season like what Calvin just put up.

If my team had any of these three I'd be happy which I do(Texans ), but if I had a choice I'm taking Calvin everytime with zero hesitation.

I said I agree with Calvin number one, but people are making it seem like Fitzgerald is no where close behind.

Calvin's yet to put up any 100 reception seasons while Fitz has two. Fitz caught 90 balls two years ago with Derek Anderson... Fitzgerald only put up 200 less yards than CJ last year with Kevin Kolb and Skelton throwing to him.

I'm just saying, I think Fitzgerald is being a little disrespected saying he is nowhere close behind Calvin. I think he is close.

With all of this said, I still think Calvin's the best, don't get me wrong. I think some people just need to respect Fitz a little more being that he has been their entire offense and has had shit for quarterbacks as of late.

Last edited by QUIZZLE : 08-08-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #29
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
7. Hakeem Nicks
8. Mike Wallace
9. Dwayne Bowe
10. AJ Green

pause
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #30
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Stevie's a really weird receiver. His route-running is so awkward that it probably confused the shit out of Revis. He's nowhere near the top 10 though.

1. Calvin Johnson
4. Steve Smith
5. Greg Jennings
6. Roddy White
7. Hakeem Nicks
8. Mike Wallace
9. Dwayne Bowe
10. AJ Green

I'd definitely put Brandon Marshall in there over Dwyane Bowe.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: