Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation
Default Re: Avery Bradley vs Iman Shumpert

Bradley is a better spot up shooter ,smarter and just more fundamentally sound on offense than Shumpert is while being a equally good or better defender at 2 positions.

Also what I saw from Bradley for extended periods this years says to me he could be as good a better scorer.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

both are coming off major injuries. while Shump has the worse injury of the two, i have complete confidence in his ability to come back judging on his tweets on him having yet to miss a rehab schedule.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Actually a pretty fair question.

I'm a bit biased towards Shumpert because of his size and athleticism and me thinking that would correlate to him being a better/more versatile defender down the line.

On the other hand, Bradley's more consistent shooting would be more of what we need.

I'll stick with Shumpert though I wouldn't complain with either of them.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #19
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Both are probably neck in neck but I'd have to go with Shumpert
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
Zackmorris
Where my announcement!

Zackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this board

My bias picks Shump but this is a tough question. Can't go wrong with either one. While I think Shump is more capable of guarding 1-3 and is bigger, Bradley is more of a consistent shooter, pick his spots nicely, and better suited for playing some PG while also being a great defender.

Like both of them
Zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #21
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackmorris
Like both of them

Imagine having both of them in the back court? Killer D.

Comparable to having Lisa/ Jessie and Kelly in bed together.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
Zackmorris
Where my announcement!

Zackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
Imagine having both of them in the back court? Killer D.

Comparable to having Lisa/ Jessie and Kelly in bed together.

Zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackmorris

Old 08-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
Donnybrook
I hit open layups

Donnybrook has an OK reputation so far

I see more consistency in Avery from an offensive standpoint, even with his size disadvantage. He makes great cuts and can hit that corner 3 like no one's business. His on-ball defense is outstanding, and even though he has a size disadvantage there as well...

<reference block from behind on dwade>

Uh, uh, Mr. Dwayne Wade!
Donnybrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shumpert but I'm biased because he's one of my favorite Knicks.

If both healthy I would take Iman. But we need to wait how good he'll be after he comes back from an injury.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

shump has more potential
inclinerator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #27
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
shump has more potential

Oh I disagree

Bradley showed some flashes of a pretty damned good offensive game last season. Shump will never be much of a scorer.

I also think Bradley is the better defender, his pressure defense is already (imo) the best in the league.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #28
kobron23
Banned

kobron23 has not been impressing people

ive got bradley because i dont trust the knicks front office will get the best out of shumpert. I see the knicks organization as one of those types that let the players do whatever they want in the locker room. punch fire extenguishers etc etc. I dont trust them at all with player development. who was the last player that flourished under the knicks organization?? jeremy lin.... and what happened??? sorry knicks fans it must hurt
kobron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #29
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
shump has more potential
Hell no, Bradley is already a good defender and he has shown flashes of a good shooter/slasher. I'd pick bradley but you can't go wrong with shump since he's taller
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #30
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here

Who knows, but a lot the other Celtic fans are overrating Bradley offensively. He'll never be anything but a role player offensively. A running partner with Rondo will be his best chance for getting points. I don't see all this potential that a lot others are blabbering on about.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: