Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #31
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation
Default Re: Avery Bradley vs Iman Shumpert

I'm going with Shumpert. He's got the size and size is king. I'm unbiased. because I don't care about the Knicks and I hate the Celtics and wouldn't give any Celtic any kind of credit even if they deserved it.....oh wait. Just ignore that last part.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow people saying Shumpert has better IQ. I saw him blow layups, I saw him flying without sense all over the court, and then I saw Bradley cutting without the ball and playing off his teammates, in the flow of offense (which is rare nowdays). I think Bradley is the smarter player, has better work ethic, and jeez, he's on a legit organisation getting experience, while Shumpert wasting his young days learning from likes of Earl Smith and Anthonies.

I say it's Bradley, fairly easy.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #33
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Games as a starter last year:

Quote:
Bradley: 38 games

10.8 pts / 1.7 ast / 2.7 reb / 1 stl / .4 blk / 1.6 to / 2.3 fouls in 31.3 min

on 47.7 fg% / 38.5 3pt% / 76.8 ft%

Quote:
Shumpert: 36 games

9.4 pts / 3 ast / 3.3 reb / 1.7 stl / .1 blk / 2.2 to / 3.2 fouls in 31.7 min

on 39 fg% / 31.5 3pt% / 81.1 ft%

I think the only thing that Shumpert has a clear advantage in is his size, but Bradley is one of the fastest guys in the league. He beats anyone to the spot on defense. As you can see though, Bradley quadruples Shump's bpg at his smaller size.

Bradley is more efficient offensively, a very good cutter, averages less turnovers, and less fouls while playing as good or better defense.

I'd take Bradley 9 times out of 10, but I really like Shumpert too. There's a reason Bradley was such a highly ranked prospect out of high school.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #34
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Shumpert if he returns to health.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #35
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whoever recovers quicker.

Kawhi over both.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #36
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Wow people saying Shumpert has better IQ. I saw him blow layups, I saw him flying without sense all over the court, and then I saw Bradley cutting without the ball and playing off his teammates, in the flow of offense (which is rare nowdays). I think Bradley is the smarter player, has better work ethic, and jeez, he's on a legit organisation getting experience, while Shumpert wasting his young days learning from likes of Earl Smith and Anthonies.

I say it's Bradley, fairly easy.

What a biased post.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #37
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^better bball IQ: Shumper or Bradley? Answer the question.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #38
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I don't see enough of the Celtics to know how good Bradley is. But I CAN tell you that Shumpert's basketball IQ is very good. At the beginning of the year, he was playing PG and that's not his position. He settled down once he played SG.

And Shumpert CAN score. Watch him blow by people and put in monster dunks. Incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVh88AUnQc
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #39
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Celtic_Pride has decent reputationCeltic_Pride has decent reputation

Quote:

Bradley easily. I have seen Shumpert fall for the pump fake quite a few times and he also takes a lot of stupid shots compared to Bradley

Quote:
There's a reason Bradley was such a highly ranked prospect out of high school.

ESPNU ranked him #1 ahead of Wall, Cousins, Favors etc. This is why I think Bradley has the higher upside
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnybrook
I see more consistency in Avery from an offensive standpoint, even with his size disadvantage. He makes great cuts and can hit that corner 3 like no one's business. His on-ball defense is outstanding, and even though he has a size disadvantage there as well...

<reference block from behind on dwade>

Uh, uh, Mr. Dwayne Wade!

Wade looking back towards the ref before he even hits the ground

I haven't seen enough of Avery to really comment, but I can't wait till we get Shump back, he's ferocious on the ball. Haven't seen a defender like that on our team in forever.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #41
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Wouldn't be worrying much about Shumpert's injury, if you look him up he is doing very well. His return was meant to be January but most reports say he will be back earlier than expected and has been a beast with his recovery. I'd say Shump's ceiling is higher than Bradley's but atm Bradley has a slight edge, but saying that he has also had an additional season to get his game together and adjust to NBA level.
Trentknicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #42
Dr. Cheesesteak
Local High School Star

Dr. Cheesesteak has decent reputation

Bradley. But I'll gladly take Shumpert as consolation.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #43
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Shump. I seen him lock up Rose and Wade in their matchups. Bradley on Rose?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #44
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks
Wouldn't be worrying much about Shumpert's injury, if you look him up he is doing very well. His return was meant to be January but most reports say he will be back earlier than expected and has been a beast with his recovery. I'd say Shump's ceiling is higher than Bradley's but atm Bradley has a slight edge, but saying that he has also had an additional season to get his game together and adjust to NBA level.

I was trying to find something on him the other day, can you point me where to look?
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #45
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
I was trying to find something on him the other day, can you point me where to look?
give me a couple, will post in the thread
Trentknicks is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: