Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Flash Issues With Chrome?

I've been able to play 720p YouTube videos just fine on my laptop. Then a couple hours ago I noticed the videos were super-choppy. So over the past 30 minutes I've updated Chrome, cleaned out the internet history/cache, did a registry clean, updated my AMD drivers and restarted and it's still choppy.

But if I open the same YouTube video in IE9 at 720p it plays completely smooth.

Anyone else having problems? Maybe I should try disabling my extensions. Although the only one I use is for blocking ads.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Flash Issues With Chrome?

Have you got a wireless mouse? Are you on a laptop? If so, try turning off the wireless and using the laptop/play videos without the wireless.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hmm interestingly enough
adobe released a big update for flash on chrome for windows systems today

sandboxed security when running flash within windows, and as well reduction of crashes and improved gpu rendering for overall better performance

i know it fixed a dual monitor problem i was having, when full screen wouldnt work properly on secondary monitor.

wonder why yours is acting worse
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has decent reputation

I also struggle a lot playing youtube videos using Chrome. I have to clear my history occasionally in order to play videos from youtube, otherwise, it just a black screen with no button to click to play.
imnew09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Go Firefox!!!!
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #6
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

been having a bunch of flash issues today with chrome as well, new update must be it
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #7
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

I noticed when watching videos on chrome every time I go to another tab while the video is playing, the audo starts to skip and lag a bit.

Its also kinda weird how the ram usage goes up a lot, compared to firefox.
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
dilley
I hit open 5-footers

dilley is considered somewhat cooldilley is considered somewhat cool

I've had issues too that I seemed to fix.

Type chrome://plugins/ into your browser, and see if you have multiple sections for flash. If you do, disable them and enable one at a time and see if one of them works.
dilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #9
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

YouTube sucks in general.

I have no issue playing flash content that's outside of youtube. All of my pron and Daily Motion vids load super quick, only YouTube gives me issues... always has.

I opted out of the HTML5 beta shit, and I still have issues from time to time, even on low quality vids that are under 4 minutes long. Yet I can stream full length 720p content from other sources with the greatest of ease.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #10
AK47DR91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilley

Type chrome://plugins/ into your browser, and see if you have multiple sections for flash. If you do, disable them and enable one at a time and see if one of them works.
This.

if you screen shots of what to do, try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/103292/how-...google-chrome/
Old 08-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
Raz

I had the same issue, here's what worked for me:
Uninstalled flash, real player, java, quicktime.
Uninstalled Chrome (let it keep my internet history)

Then I ran CrapCleaner

Reboot

Install Chrome, and let it install flash by itself.

Worked a treat
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilley

Thanks for the idea. It didn't work though. I only have one Flash plugin listed there. If there was an update I assume it was because of that.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Have you got a wireless mouse? Are you on a laptop? If so, try turning off the wireless and using the laptop/play videos without the wireless.
My original posts says I'm on a laptop, but no, I'm only using a touchpad.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
I had the same issue, here's what worked for me:
Uninstalled flash, real player, java, quicktime.
Uninstalled Chrome (let it keep my internet history)

Then I ran CrapCleaner

Reboot

Install Chrome, and let it install flash by itself.

Worked a treat
This is kind of contradicting because Flash is built into Chrome, you don't need to install Flash. The only reason to install Flash is for Flash to work through a different web browser. Nonetheless though, I'm going to try uninstalling Chrome just to see what happens.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
This is kind of contradicting because Flash is built into Chrome, you don't need to install Flash. The only reason to install Flash is for Flash to work through a different web browser. Nonetheless though, I'm going to try uninstalling Chrome just to see what happens.

I know nothing, but it worked. Do it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: