Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
chris2010
Good High School Starter

chris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Ben Affleck approached to direct "Justice League"

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...234840949.html

Didnt see a thread about it So I figured Id post it.

To be honest, I really do not want to see a justice league movie so soon. Really much at all. Marvel had a master plan and I think Whedon started writing the movie almost 10 years ago, but it didnt gain any traction until 08 or 09 I think. Id prefer to see DC focus on individual superhero movies w/ way more realism to it. Batman set the standard, Id like to see other DC heroes follow suit. Very excited to see how Man of Steel will turn out.

Not to diss marvel in any way, I think they are better suited for the unrealistic, fantasy style superheroes. Thats what makes some of their heroes better than some of the ones in the DC universe.

BTW, I liked what I saw from The Town but that is a crime drama, so unless he will make the Justice league movie a crime drama Im not so sure how good it is going to turn out...

Coming from a DC fan, let marvel have their victory for right now on a huge superhero movie, but lets focus on our guys one movie at a time and maybe someday a Justice League movie. No point in rushing and ending up w/ a movie that doesnt do Justice League any justice (no pun intended).

Last edited by chris2010 : 08-09-2012 at 11:59 AM.
chris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ben Affleck approached to direct "Justice League"

DC will be dumb to make a Justice League movie. If you watched Iron Man, Captain America, etc., you see that those Marvel movies all intended to end up as prequels to The Avengers. It was put together masterfully. I doubt DC will be able to pull that off.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Already calling a bust.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
eriX
Good High School Starter

eriX has not been impressing people

apparently nolan is going to reboot batman in i think 2016 for the Justice League movie.

But tbh how are you going to portray heros like flash and wonder women, they are characters to me that works in comics but on the big screen they are going to look foolish.

However if the movie ends up like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4

Dear god help marvel
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
DC will be dumb to make a Justice League movie. If you watched Iron Man, Captain America, etc., you see that those Marvel movies all intended to end up as prequels to The Avengers. It was put together masterfully. I doubt DC will be able to pull that off.
Eh, Justice League has always been slightly weaker in my eyes. GL bombed, you really see Wonder Woman or Aquaman stand-alone films doing any better?

If Man of Steel doesn't do Batman type numbers they'll probably consider that a bust too.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

DC should make a sandman movie, no one wants to see super man or green lantern or those outdated cheese ball heroes that populate the justice league

What they should do is a goddamn liveaction version of the Dark Knight Returns and the Dark Knight Strikes Again. Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez direct!
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Affleck is a comic book fan and a pretty solid director.

I don't think there would be any problems with him wrecking the source material and after his experience of the studio basically stealing Daredevil from the director and ruining it I don't think he would accept unless he had a good amount of control.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DC should just stick to standalone films. Although Affleck is a good director, I don't see how all those characters mesh in a live action movie. A World's Finest movie would be tight though
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Zedja
Prince of All Saiyans

Zedja has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriX
apparently nolan is going to reboot batman in i think 2016 for the Justice League movie.

But tbh how are you going to portray heros like flash and wonder women, they are characters to me that works in comics but on the big screen they are going to look foolish.

Dear god help marvel
Lol DCUO on PS3. Pretty good game tbh
Zedja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
chris2010
Good High School Starter

chris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

Dear god help marvel

I thought Nolan said he was done w/ Batman and comics now?
chris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gone Baby Gone and The Town were very well done. Argo looks like it could be pretty good as well. Wrote Good Will Hunting another really good flick. I know all those movies are completely different than superhero movies but he's 2\2 as a director and 3\3 with writing and a promising movie on the way.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Dear god help marvel

Holy shit, that was awesome.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dud they do a flash movie yet? after that they can do it
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Holy shit, that was awesome.

Yeah it is, now only if the game felt as fun when playing it more than once.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i don't have an opinion about affeck directing but a JL movie i think would suck. boring characters that i never liked.

marvel >>> dc.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: