Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster
 
Derivative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,262
Default What's the Knick's strategy?

Ok my question is what exactly is the Knick's strategy? Usually teams win with the following attributes:

-Very good defense (ie. KG celtics, 04 pistons)

-Very efficient offense (ie. Showtime lakers, Nash suns)

-Good post game/good size (ie. twin tower spurs, hakeem rockets)

-Star power (ie. Shaq lakers, Lebron heat, thunder)


The knicks have none of it. They have horrible defense, they have very inefficient offense(leading scorer is a chucker), they have no post game, and they don't have 1 superstar. The offseason changes do nothing to improve those 4 important qualities of a good team. I really don't get what they're trying to do.
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,940
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

They dont have one
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,120
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
Ok my question is what exactly is the Knick's strategy? Usually teams win with the following attributes:

-Very good defense (ie. KG celtics, 04 pistons)

-Very efficient offense (ie. Showtime lakers, Nash suns)

-Good post game/good size (ie. twin tower spurs, hakeem rockets)

-Star power (ie. Shaq lakers, Lebron heat, thunder)


The knicks have none of it. They have horrible defense, they have very inefficient offense(leading scorer is a chucker), they have no post game, and they don't have 1 superstar. The offseason changes do nothing to improve those 4 important qualities of a good team. I really don't get what they're trying to do.

Strategy for what? winning? their is no leader on that team

Kidd was the reason they had a good start last yr....then he crashed and they burned

what you expect from a team that has JR Smith, K Mart, MWP, A Barg? Fat Boy Felton & Selfish Melo?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,940
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Strategy for what? winning? their is no leader on that team

Kidd was the reason they had a good start last yr....then he crashed and they burned

what you expect from a team that has JR Smith, K Mart, MWP, A Barg? Fat Boy Felton & Selfish Melo?
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
Trentknicks
Banned
 
Trentknicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,050
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

Considering we have a 20 million dollar black whole (of our own doing) in our salary cap I think we are doing okay. Clear that they have no direction till 2015 when there is nearly total salary cap space. But imagine every other team in the league's performance when their 2nd best player (when healthy), gets injured and can contribute nothing.

Also, little early in the season isn't it? Lot of other teams looking shaky as hell, just more fashionable for keyboard warriors to hate on the Knicks I guess.

EDIT: A core of Amare/Tyson/Melo isn't winning anything, and was set up by Donnie Walsh. Grunwald, with no flexibilty whatsoever have managed to add Felton, Bargs, MWP, JR, Udrih for next to nothing and also found Jeremy Lin, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Copeland in the bargain bin. Not all that bad for a GM with his hands tied behind his back so to speak.

Hope we don't extend Melo as he needs such a favourable supporting cast to be competitive and isn't a real winner. But most of the poster intent on laughing at the Knicks for having Melo would probably do the same if we let Melo go and tried to rebuild competely.

Last edited by Trentknicks : 11-11-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:10 AM   #6
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,688
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

They have the worst coach in basketball. They are not familiar with the term strategy.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,530
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

I can't believe they won so many games last season. This isn't just in hindsight either. I was baffled at the time.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #8
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,247
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

To prove ESPN right about the 37 win prediction
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #9
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

Knicks should start Metta at the 4.

This is probably their best lineup (offensive/defensive) currently.

Bargnani
World Peace
Melo
JR Smith
Raymond Felton
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #10
Droid101
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,081
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
They have the worst coach in basketball. They are not familiar with the term strategy.
Wait... I thought they had the worst coach in basketball when they had D'Antoni?

So what you're saying is, they traded the worst coach in basketball for an even worse coach?
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,856
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks
Considering we have a 20 million dollar black whole (of our own doing) in our salary cap I think we are doing okay. Clear that they have no direction till 2015 when there is nearly total salary cap space. But imagine every other team in the league's performance when their 2nd best player (when healthy), gets injured and can contribute nothing.

Also, little early in the season isn't it? Lot of other teams looking shaky as hell, just more fashionable for keyboard warriors to hate on the Knicks I guess.

EDIT: A core of Amare/Tyson/Melo isn't winning anything, and was set up by Donnie Walsh. Grunwald, with no flexibilty whatsoever have managed to add Felton, Bargs, MWP, JR, Udrih for next to nothing and also found Jeremy Lin, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Copeland in the bargain bin. Not all that bad for a GM with his hands tied behind his back so to speak.

Hope we don't extend Melo as he needs such a favourable supporting cast to be competitive and isn't a real winner. But most of the poster intent on laughing at the Knicks for having Melo would probably do the same if we let Melo go and tried to rebuild competely.

Other than the spelling mistake this is true. Knicks are literally paying Amare to do nothing. Other than this they have an owner with no patience or direction. But the biggest issue is Amare's soul sucking contract. I've always thought a guy like Paul Milsap would be a perfect fit with Melo, with Amare's contract they could land Milssap and have money left over for a couple defensive role players.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #12
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,695
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

strategy? strategy??? what the fck is a strategy when it comes to the knicks?!
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #13
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster
 
Derivative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

i mean their management must have some kind of strategy or vision for the team
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #14
LakersDaBEst
But it's Provocative
 
LakersDaBEst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rent Free
Posts: 446
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

ISO : Melo/Jr Smith
LakersDaBEst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #15
fiddy
HC4L
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 7,176
Default Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
i mean their management must have some kind of brain damage
fxed
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy