Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #301
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Dwightmare talks back again. ORL LAL PHL DEN in talks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
What doe the lakers cap space look like if this went down ?

doesnt change a thing when you have kobe making 30m a year
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #302
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Not comparable because there is no guarantee Dwight makes the Lakers a lock for anything either. Dwight/Bynum are closer than people think so the notion that getting Dwight makes the Lakers a lock for the title is wrong.

No team will have a title on lock as long as the league is as competitive as it is.

And when discussing this remember that Dwight/Bynum are closer than people think is YOUR opinion and not a fact.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #303
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Howard is easily top 5. I'd say top 3, but that isn't the general consensus. His defense and more completely offensive game is what makes him so much better than Howard.

Simply put, if Howard was on the Lakers team last year, OKC wouldn't have been much trouble. Definitely not a 5 game runover.

And it'll always be like that as long as Lakers are in contention. A passionate and bi-polar community.

People accuse me of the same thing when it comes to the Clippers . I completely know why and understand it... I guess just once in a while I get a tad bit annoyed (just like you guys do with me regularly for doing this).
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #304
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
People accuse me of the same thing when it comes to the Clippers . I completely know why and understand it... I guess just once in a while I get a tad bit annoyed (just like you guys do with me regularly for doing this).
I wouldn't say you're bi-polar. Passionate for sure though.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #305
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Glad there are Lakers fans left with a realistic POV. Most Lakers fans expect to win the trade/deal every single time. Sure that's the goal for everybody but sometimes you have to give up a little more than you would think.

Well if there is a fan base that has been spoiled it's us!

But I would take this gamble because I rather have Howard then Bynum.
If it doesn't happen I will still be excited to see what Nash can do with these guys on pick and rolls. But it is a no brainier to do what you can to get Howard.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #306
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Answer the question. How many Lakers fans do you hear ripping Gasol to shreds on a regular basis and saying they want him traded? I hear it constantly.

On iPhone.... U r confusing fcuking Kobe fans like konex. & others with lakers fans... 2 totally different community
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #307
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
No team will have a title on lock as long as the league is as competitive as it is.

And when discussing this remember that Dwight/Bynum are closer than people think is YOUR opinion and not a fact.

Let me lay down some facts then.

Andrew Bynum: 19 ppg, 12 rpg, 1.5 apg, 2 bpg. 56 percent shooting from field, 70 percent from the line. Far more expansive offensive game. 35 minutes per game.

Dwight Howard: 20.5 ppg, 14.5 rpg, 2 apg, 2 bpg. 57.3 percent shooting from the field, 50 percent from the line. 38.3 minutes per game.

When you do PER 36 and account for Dwight playing 3+ more minutes a game it gets even closer.

Then you want to measure defense? We can all agree Dwight is better defensively but the gap is greatly exaggerated.

Synergy Sports shows Howard allows .75 ppp, Bynum only .77. The better info is when you look at the actual chart and see that they both defend pretty equally in all scenarios and Bynum is actually the BETTER PNR defender at least according to the numbers despite Lakers fans trying to say Dwight would be a huge upgrade there. Bynum allows .8 ppp on PNR where as Dwight allows .84 ppp.

You want to look at win shares metrics? It shows Bynum is the more impactful offensive player, Dwight the more impactful defender which I've said before on many occasions. Bynum's offensive rating is 6 higher, Dwight's defensive rating is 4 better.

Reality is it's not just my opinion that they are close and when Lakers fans were watching Bynum dominate they were even saying it. Now that they feel Dwight may be coming the tune changes.

I'd fu**ing kill to have Bynum on the Clippers and would take him over Dwight because he's got so much more room to grow and is so much more gifted where as Dwight is just a freak athlete mostly. Bynum's post game has made my jaw drop on many occasions and his defense and rebounding is in that elite range now.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #308
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
On iPhone.... U r confusing fcuking Kobe fans like konex. & others with lakers fans... 2 totally different community

nah pretty much every laker fan hates gasol. With good reason too.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #309
magictricked
Great young streetballer

magictricked has a terrific reputationmagictricked has a terrific reputationmagictricked has a terrific reputationmagictricked has a terrific reputationmagictricked has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
Only the stupid ones
magictricked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #310
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Clips fan.

Playoffs:

Howard- 27 pts, 16 reb, 63%
Bynum- 17 pts, 11 reb, 48%

Pressure separates the men from the boys.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #311
Clippersfan86
Banned

BTW sorry for generalizing. I know there are a ton of fantastic Lakers fans. I just get annoyed with the Kobe stans and shitty fans who are clueless.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #312
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Let me lay down some facts then.
No facts here children. Move along. Just advanced statistics that hold no merit to a legitimate argument.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #313
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I love Gasol.

He's just not being used correctly by Mike Brown.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #314
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Clips fan.

Playoffs:

Howard- 27 pts, 16 reb, 63%
Bynum- 17 pts, 11 reb, 48%

Pressure separates the men from the boys.

Different situation though. Howard is undisputed option 1. Bynum is option number 3 and Dwight didn't have to deal with defenders like McGee, Ibaka, Perkins etc in the playoffs this year.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #315
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
No facts here children. Move along. Just advanced statistics that hold no merit to a legitimate argument.

Why aren't the valid?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: