Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #76
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dwightmare talks back again. ORL LAL PHL DEN in talks

dwight hurtin tho
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #77
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
bynum<Dwight
Pau>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NOsharington
basketball is played as a team.. not as individuals

lakers would be #1 in the west after this trade IMO
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #78
sagr32
Banned

sagr32 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i dont see how dwight will stay in LA with nash and kobe on the wrong side of 30 and a team of misfits post trade
and when they retire, theyd be stuck in mid range lottery for years till dwights (if signs) deal is up
Basically trying to sell the idea that we'd be the favorite contenders with dwight the next two years. Then in 2014 the only other contract on the books is Nash at 9 million, who knows if he might retire though. so they would then make a splash in free agency. It is alot of uncertainty though and haven't seen which players will be FA in 2014.
sagr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #79
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He'd leave to go where? He'd leave with a chance to win a title, with the absolutely horrific press he has already received, to go to a lesser team? Rather than try to win a title in LA and then be the new centerpiece of a franchise who seemingly gets every big name player and can add a star next to him literally the year after?

I disagree 100% he'd leave. It sounds more like wishful thinking.
he can still force dwightmare part 2 in la if he doesnt like it to force another trade, unless lakers willing to lose him for nothing in offseason.

cavs would be a nice fit for dwight, and they would have money
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #80
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There are pieces missing to this deal it feels like.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #81
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He'd leave to go where? He'd leave with a chance to win a title, with the absolutely horrific press he has already received, to go to a lesser team? Rather than try to win a title in LA and then be the new centerpiece of a franchise who seemingly gets every big name player and can add a star next to him literally the year after?

I disagree 100% he'd leave. It sounds more like wishful thinking.

.... what star would LA add next year?
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #82
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
he can still force dwightmare part 2 in la if he doesnt like it to force another trade, unless lakers willing to lose him for nothing in offseason.

cavs would be a nice fit for dwight, and they would have money
Yes, because young millionaires will leave LA and a huge market and shitloads of ad money to go to Cleveland.

Did you just honestly suggest to me Dwight would leave LA to be a Cav?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #83
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If I'm a team I'd take the gamble on Dwight. If you can put together a competitive team and pay him can't see him pulling another move like this. He'd be insane to pull a Dwightmare PT 2 kinda thing. It'll take him a long enough already to recover.

Give him a decent playoff run and I think you force him to re-up weather it be NJ, L.A or whatever.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #84
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
.... what star would LA add next year?
2 years and all the money is off the cap once Kobe is gone. Lakers can't get a star? Seriously?

I get people don't like the Lakers (i root against them basically unless they play Miami) but this thought that somehow they can't get stars (when they always do) or that Howard would leave them for some shitty city (would you? Would you leave a job in LA to go to a lower paying one in Cleveland?) is ridiculous.

If he goes to LA he's staying, and LA would build a strong team around him because they always do.

Where did Nash go btw?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #85
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
If I'm a team I'd take the gamble on Dwight. If you can put together a competitive team and pay him can't see him pulling another move like this. He'd be insane to pull a Dwightmare PT 2 kinda thing. It'll take him a long enough already to recover.

Give him a decent playoff run and I think you force him to re-up weather it be NJ, L.A or whatever.
i agree. he wont have any better options if the team is good too + more money
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #86
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

There won't be a part 2. He can't be that stupid. He'd reup in LA, Brooklyn or Dallas, maybe in Atl. If its Houston or "insert team here" he'd flee to Dallas, but quietly and at end of season with not a mention at all.

I don't think he'd reup in Denver because of where it is but that would be him losing out. That would be sick fun.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #87
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dont hate the cavs

i was looking at the team
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #88
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

If that deal happens along with Magic dumping some contracts, I won't be surprised of they trade Pau to Houston for some of those rookies and picks.

Because to be quite honest - Lin-Asik isn't looking too cool
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #89
scm5
Good college starter

scm5 has decent reputation

Quote:
any team where kobe is the number 1 option, expect every other players production to go down

pau is a 20 point guy but he could only manage 12 playing wth kobe

Do you understand basketball? Do you watch games?

Mike Brown is one of the biggest reasons for Pau's slump, NOT Kobe. He hasn't been utilizing Pau very effectively at ALL.

Just take a look at Kobe's history with other players that have played with him and moved on to other teams.

Pau
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...gasolpa01.html
less shots but same scoring average and higher efficiency. there was basically no dropoff in scoring, but a high increase in scoring efficiency the same year Pau came to the Lakers.
memphis: 18.9ppg on 50% shooting.
lakers: 18.8 on 59% shooting.

Odom
http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../odomla01.html

Ariza
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...arizatr01.html

Smush
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...parkesm01.html
zero explanation needed.

Cook
http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../cookbr01.html
all his best years were as a laker, and they weren't even his prime years.

Dfish
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...fishede01.html
In 04' he went from a starter to a reserve, worse across the board. However, in 08' at 33, joining Kobe again, Fisher picked up right where he had left off and had arguably one of the best seasons of his career.

you sir, need to stop talking out of your ass.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #90
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So what happens if this trade doesn't happen on 8/9 (aka today) niko?
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: