Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #1066
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Default Re: Magic will trade Dwight Howard to Lakers in 4-team deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
You would be crazy to think someone wouldn't want to stay in LA after going there for a while. Apprantly Dwight Howard pushed for this trade.
According to Bill Simmons, "Most human beings move to Los Angeles for what they assume will be a short period of time, feel like they're on vacation for a few months … and eventually, they come to grips with the fact that they're probably never leaving because it's 75 degrees every day and there are 10,000 things to do in Los Angeles. I am one of those people. Apparently, so is Dwight Howard. We'll never know this for sure, but I don't think he would have pushed for a Los Angeles trade if he hadn't lived there this summer. There has to be a connection. It's also why Lakers fans know they don't have to worry about Howard leaving next summer. There's no chance he leaves. It will never happen."

on top of that, there's two important words: bird rights. LA owns them and can pay more than any other team. the only team that has a remote chance of landing him are the mavs. how many times has a superstar left LA on his own terms? shaq doesn't really count. that was really due to a toxic relationship with kobe. he wanted kobe to leave, not himself. management did what all winning management does...go with the younger superstar.

howard will surely get over his 'following in shaq's footsteps' complex once he realizes he lives in LA, gets huge endorsement offers and sees its rich winning history. it's also going to be his team in the near future and he'll be the #1 option in his prime. only fools think there's a good chance he walks away from all those factors AND millions of dollars on top of that to go somewhere else
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #1067
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Here's a delicious quote I found from the Magic forum a couple days ago, when people were thinking that Pau would go to Orlando. It's in response to someone saying that nothing would probably come from the then-current trade talks:

Quote:
I sure hope so, I rather keep Dwight for another year to prevent Gasol coming here

Sorry, you get neither.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #1068
Kujo
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
dude's such a tool. rooting against him like crazy

This. Like I needed any more reasons to hate the Lakers.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #1069
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Here's a delicious quote I found from the Magic forum a couple days ago, when people were thinking that Pau would go to Orlando. It's in response to someone saying that nothing would probably come from the then-current trade talks:

Sorry, you get neither.
at those magic fans. I'm pretty sure if they got gasol in the trade they could send them to houston for a few rookies and some picks
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #1070
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #1071
franchiez
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

Still keeping mine.
franchiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #1072
sodap
Serious playground baller

If Pau plays at the same level as in the olympics, nba is doomed. No chance at all for anyone.
sodap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #1073
nashwade
High School Varsity 6th Man

can't friggin believe LAL kept Gasol

how stacked is LAL now?!
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #1074
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
You would be crazy to think someone wouldn't want to stay in LA after going there for a while. Apprantly Dwight Howard pushed for this trade.
According to Bill Simmons, "Most human beings move to Los Angeles for what they assume will be a short period of time, feel like they're on vacation for a few months and eventually, they come to grips with the fact that they're probably never leaving because it's 75 degrees every day and there are 10,000 things to do in Los Angeles. I am one of those people. Apparently, so is Dwight Howard. We'll never know this for sure, but I don't think he would have pushed for a Los Angeles trade if he hadn't lived there this summer. There has to be a connection. It's also why Lakers fans know they don't have to worry about Howard leaving next summer. There's no chance he leaves. It will never happen."
This. I can imagine Dwight leaaving, ever. I'll give it a very slim 1% chance he bolts LA to Brooklyn. It wouldn't make any sense though, LA is the place to be, the Lakers can offer Howard more money thanks to Bird Rights, and this team will soon be Howard's, as Kobe is playing more no more than 3 years.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #1075
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
This. I can imagine Dwight leaaving, ever. I'll give it a very slim 1% chance he bolts LA to Brooklyn. It wouldn't make any sense though, LA is the place to be, the Lakers can offer Howard more money thanks to Bird Rights, and this team will soon be Howard's, as Kobe is playing more no more than 3 years.

Only teams who can afford Dwight after LA is Dallas and Hawks... So Nets have no shot at Dwight anymore.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #1076
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMarkus
my only problem with all this is people talking about fking antawn jamison as if hes still good. he is a total ****ing liability on the court. LA fans will be quick to hate him once the season begins.

-Cavs Fan
Not really. Jamison is still a pretty good scorer. The kind of bench player we badly needed.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #1077
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Only teams who can afford Dwight after LA is Dallas and Hawks... So Nets have no shot at Dwight anymore.
Excuse my typo, I meant I can't imagine Dwight leaving LA, ever.

Dwight did get his treatment at LA and stayed for a while, I think it's clear that he consented the trade.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #1078
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMarkus
my only problem with all this is people talking about fking antawn jamison as if hes still good. he is a total ****ing liability on the court. LA fans will be quick to hate him once the season begins.

-Cavs Fan

I disagree. Antawn, considering his age, played very well for us in his time here, and was never anything but professional, even when we were sucking.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #1079
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
I disagree. Antawn, considering his age, played very well for us in his time here, and was never anything but professional, even when we were sucking.

people always talk about 'tawn being professional, but he still never gave any effort on defense, and thats pretty unprofessional to me
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #1080
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
people always talk about 'tawn being professional, but he still never gave any effort on defense, and thats pretty unprofessional to me

I watched every game, and I saw him giving full effort on every play he was on the court.

Especially the season prior to this past one, but also overall and in general.

Just watch this tribute video of Jamison's time w/ the cavs and you might rethink things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v09nl272E1o

One of the most underrated players in the game.

I could understand him being a slight liability in certain defensive situations, but he also provides a defensive difficulty for whoever is guarding him, so that goes both ways.

Good luck in LA to you Antawn, and thank you for your service while here!!!

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 08-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: