Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #16
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: [Team News] Dwight to Lakers is a DONE DEAL.

So glad we got to keep Pau too. This season is going to be incredible. Can't wait to take down the Thunder and knock the defending champs Heat off.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
How can he?

He doesn have that power.

The only reason why he was able to do so before was because the hornets were league Owned.

Stuff happens......he could talk one of the teams out of it....I don't trust the corrupt league at all.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
How can he?

He doesn have that power.

The only reason why he was able to do so before was because the hornets were league Owned.

if all the proper protocols are met, he can't do shit if everyone agrees. But there can be other things that happen.

What if one guy fails a physical? It won't matter for a guy like the rookie or Clark, they can be replaced in the deal. But what if Dwights back is jacked, and thats the reason Orlando took pennies on the dollar?

What if Iggy breaks his head open in the game against Argentina?

or worse, and highly likely, what if Orlando realizes how they just got manhandled and asks for more???? they have done it before

This aint a done deal YET
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL I've been away from the forum about a week. After last night I thought today would be an explosion. So many people have been classically conditioned into thinking this deal will be vetoed. Poor laker fans. I woulda thought you were all excited and happy.

To be honest, almost every sports announcer has been saying "He'll eventually end up a laker".

What bothers me is what some of the analysts were saying yesterday. That the nets and rockets had better deals to offer. I don't get it. They were talking about the picks that Orlando received saying they were bad picks. Wouldn't the other teams offer bad picks if they'd had Dwight too? Dwight makes any team a winner. I mean, on the Magic, he led them to the finals with a crap team. Imagine what he can do on the lakers.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
if all the proper protocols are met, he can't do shit if everyone agrees. But there can be other things that happen.

What if one guy fails a physical? It won't matter for a guy like the rookie or Clark, they can be replaced in the deal. But what if Dwights back is jacked, and thats the reason Orlando took pennies on the dollar?

What if Iggy breaks his head open in the game against Argentina?

or worse, and highly likely, what if Orlando realizes how they just got manhandled and asks for more???? they have done it before

This aint a done deal YET

Dwight's back IS jacked, he won't be able to play until late January or early February according to what I've been hearing.......this is not good
I'm much more leery of a guy coming off back surgery than knee surgery.
This is not going to be as smooth as we hope, Pau will likely have to start at center.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Dwight's back IS jacked, he won't be able to play until late January or early February according to what I've been hearing.......this is not good
This is not going to be as smooth as we hope, Pau will likely have to start at center.

awww man, my massive bball boner has just gotten blue bballs

damn! I read a few weeks ago when Orlando came to LA to talk with Howard that they liked his progress!!!! Damn you Orlando!!!!

And I would take a bad knee over a bad back myself. A back injury is far more uncertain
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The teams have announced that the trade is official:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10729
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
From the yesterday night news clip, DH12 is already in LA and some news or paparazi tried to ask him to get comment of the news, he just continued walking off with no comment with his homies. From the way he walked, it looks normal, not like I did last few year when I had temporary back issue...so hopefully, the news is good enough where it gets heal fast somehow miraculously....now I can

BWahahahahaha Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$@!#$!@#$#@ !$#

2 years ago:
LBJ: ...Not 5! Not 6! Not 7!

LBJ: Not 5? Not 6? Not 7??? Not even 2???
Dwight-Nash-Kobe-Pau: Yup! Not 2.... Not 5! Not 6! Not 7!

Last edited by kobesabi : 08-10-2012 at 04:43 PM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Magic have traded center Dwight Howard, guard Chris Duhon and forward Earl Clark to the L.A. Lakers

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10729#ixzz23B6YHTFz
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #25
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
The Magic have traded center Dwight Howard, guard Chris Duhon and forward Earl Clark to the L.A. Lakers

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10729#ixzz23B6YHTFz
Too bad it doesn't say who was the primary genius or mastermind behind this deal? Jim or Mitch?

Bwhahahahaaa
Old 08-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #26
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We're getting Chris Duhon and Earl Clark....

So does this mean Goodbye to Barnes?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #27
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Too bad it doesn't say who was the primary genius or mastermind behind this deal? Jim or Mitch?

Bwhahahahaaa

I'm sure it's Mitch...

Look at what Jim did to the team last year he can't pull somethin off like this
Old 08-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #28
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

With this many talents...they better win next year right?

Lakers BIG 4 vs Heat BIG 4
Mega team vs Mega divas

Kobe-Nash-Pau-Dwight vs LeDiva-Wade-Bosh-Allen

If they don't win...Brown would be fired?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Give Mike Brown 1 year.. and if we don't win it... FIRE HIM?
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #30
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Give Mike Brown 1 year.. and if we don't win it... FIRE HIM?

WHY WAIT
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: