Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Dwight to the Lakers, Bynum to the sixers!

W-O-W! The West is now a 2 team race.

1. LA
2. Thunder

3. Everyone else.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dwight to the Lakers, Bynum to the sixers!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/D...o-Magic-080912
Quote:
The Dwight Howard saga reportedly is about to come to an end.

In a blockbuster, four-team deal, the Orlando Magic have agreed to trade the All-Star center to the Los Angeles Lakers, ESPN is reporting.

The Lakers will send Andrew Bynum to the 76ers, who also will get veteran guard Jason Richardson from the Magic. Denver, in turn, will receive All-Star swingman Andre Iguodala from the Philadelphia 76ers and one future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

Orlando will receive veterans Al Harrington and Arron Afflalo from the Denver Nuggets and Nikola Vucevic from the 76ers.

The teams have scheduled a trade call with the NBA for Friday in order to make the deal official, ESPN reported.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great deal for LA. Risky but, IMO, good deal for Philly. Decent trade for Denver. Awful and totally mind-boggling for Orlando.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

Yes that deal = 3 teams get better, 1 team gets worse. Also, in all honesty I don't see Bynum re-signing with Philly unless it's an unwritten detail that he agreed to it already but I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Immediate, Denver, LA, and Philly coming out looking like winners here.

Edit: according to Adande, Bynum will re-sign in Philly. If that's really the case, great move for them. Iggy could be an important piece to a championship team, but never a main cog.
https://twitter.com/jadande/statuses/233753758843162624
Quote:
Howard a Laker. Bynum will re-sign in Philly. Denver saves $15 million in 2014-15. Only team this wasn't a no-brainer for is...Orlando

LOL, nevermind. he made a 2nd tweet. And this is exactly why I don't follow twitter. It's a LOT easier to make a quick statement that you are unsure of via twitter than it is to make an article about it with legit sources.

Quote:
I'm retracting my Bynum re-signing with 76ers tweet. Original source clarifies to say "not sure"

I was thinking why exactly would he guarantee them to re-sign? My original guess is probably right that he'll go the way of most current NBA stars of today, play out the NBA season, put his numbers up and then go wherever he wants and wherever the money is right. Hell, Bynum might even end up on Brooklyn for all we know if Howard chooses to stay in LA.

Last edited by bokes15 : 08-10-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Once again, we're the weakest team in the Atlantic...

That's if Bynum can stay healthy though. Big IF
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bynum won't sign any extension now. The only way that would benefit him is if he suffers a catastrophic injury during the season. Once the offseason comes around though, Philly has the best chance to retain him because they'll be able to pay him more money than any other team. That's why Philly should be the favourites right now to keep him long-term.

The risk for Philly isn't that Bynum might bolt, it's his injury history and that he can be a huge moron on the court. Given his huge talent though, I'd take that risk. This is a great move for a team that looked like it was going to be stuck in mediocrity. Philly is going for it risking it on high-end talent with some flaws and I admire it.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Bynum won't sign any extension now. The only way that would benefit him is if he suffers a catastrophic injury during the season. Once the offseason comes around though, Philly has the best chance to retain him because they'll be able to pay him more money than any other team. That's why Philly should be the favourites right now to keep him long-term.

The risk for Philly isn't that Bynum might bolt, it's his injury history and that he can be a huge moron on the court. Given his huge talent though, I'd take that risk. This is a great move for a team that looked like it was going to be stuck in mediocrity. Philly is going for it risking it on high-end talent with some flaws and I admire it.

Great deal for philly. Last I heard an iggy rumor it was for derozan
Bynum will excel under collins. They will be a force and can't see why he wouldn't resign.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Bynum and Jrich to Philly.....

Even if they loose Harkless - they keep the young core that performed so well last playoffs. Jrue and Bynum look like a great cornerstone. Pick and roll in a way Elton Brand never could in the city of brotherly love.

The deal alters the eastern conference "significantly" depending on your definition of significant

The elite tier:
Miami
Boston
Philly
Indiana

The next Tier :
Chicago (a step back from elite till Rose is ok)
Brooklyn
New York Knicks
Washington
Atlanta (a step back but deep enough to be a playoff team)

The mash up:
Detroit
Toronto
Milwaukee

and everyone else - Cleveland, Charlotte now Orlando.

Last edited by Jballer : 08-10-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
W-O-W! The West is now a 2 team race.

1. LA
2. Thunder

3. Everyone else.

Clippers? 3 ? 2 ?

I think you can make an arguement CP3, BlakeG, D'Andy Jordon, Lamar Odu, GRANT HILL...

Step down obviously but Dallas 4 ? Elton Brand and OJ mayo ?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Great deal for philly. Last I heard an iggy rumor it was for derozan
Bynum will excel under collins. They will be a force and can't see why he wouldn't resign.

Note on CNNSI today - says Bynum grew up in "Joisey" next door. Plus the fact that they should be a stong competative team and Philly can offer more than anyone else (??!!).

Bynum I think is a force in the east and will like it. Miami' small ball powergame is awesome - but strength up the middle is the only spot it is really vulnerable.... something Okalhoma didnt have per see.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Clippers? 3 ? 2 ?

I think you can make an arguement CP3, BlakeG, D'Andy Jordon, Lamar Odu, GRANT HILL...

Step down obviously but Dallas 4 ? Elton Brand and OJ mayo ?
I definitely wouldn't put the Clippers in the same tier as the Lakers. I'd say they have a shot at top 4 but i'm talking 7 game series in the playoffs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: