Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #46
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You should never have been involved in the first place then. To put a ridiculous qualification on a trade means you not only were never in it, you will never ever be able to trade for anyone on the last year, which are the only stars usually available.

There aren't many chances to get all star young centers to fall into your lap. You talk about it like you'll just get the next one.

Maybe they weren't really strongly involved just like the nets trade. Just overblown rumors...

It's not like trading for him would have solidified him on the team though. There was and still is for Philly a very real risk of losing out big time on the the deal.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #47
Optimus Prime
:\

Cavs

Cleveland

Don't rub salt in the wounds GOBB...it's bad enough already that they live in Cleveland and cheer for the Cavs.

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #48
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Maybe they weren't really strongly involved just like the nets trade. Just overblown rumors...

It's not like trading for him would have solidified him on the team though. There was and still is for Philly a very real risk of losing out big time on the the deal.
it was just such a nice fit though. And if you didn't need to give up your young backcourt, and with the FA options (for teams) next year so shitty, it was a perfect storm almost to keep him and all of a sudden your rebuild was just fitting pieces around your stars. IMO a lost opportunity.

I know Bynum might have left but it's Cleveland, your best bet is to bring someone in and get them to like it there and stay. From outside (no offense) it is not a place you want to go. It's a place if you are there you can be sold on. Which makes the trade option attractive.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #49
Optimus Prime
:\

Quote:

Delusional denial. Enjoy the basement of the Eastern Conference and a ceiling of first round sweeps!

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #50
returnofthemack
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Sixers gave up Iguodala, Moe Harkless, N.Vucevic. Cavs package didnt sniff this. And Cavs fans argued they shouldnt give up more than that joke of a package they thought was good enough to land Bynum.

Do I need to bump that thread? I think I do. Refresh some memories.

im sorry but did i miss somthing? has bynum signed a long term deal with teh sixers yet? sure bynum is a good player but the sixers werent beating the heat with or without bynum. for your sake i hope bynum can stay healthy. i really mean that. i want the sixers to get good and hopefully give the heat some fits.
returnofthemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #51
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
it was just such a nice fit though. And if you didn't need to give up your young backcourt, and with the FA options (for teams) next year so shitty, it was a perfect storm almost to keep him and all of a sudden your rebuild was just fitting pieces around your stars. IMO a lost opportunity.

I know Bynum might have left but it's Cleveland, your best bet is to bring someone in and get them to like it there and stay. From outside (no offense) it is not a place you want to go. It's a place if you are there you can be sold on. Which makes the trade option attractive.

who knows what really happened and who knows what the cavs really offered.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #52
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
who knows what really happened and who knows what the cavs really offered.
i'm just talking based on what i saw traded. it makes me think there was a compelling offer they could have made. i'm also responding to the cav fans who very casually threw away the thought Bynum could help them.

i still think the Cavs should look at their assets and see if there are upgrades they can make. Too many young players tend to stunt each others growth.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #53
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Delusional denial. Enjoy the basement of the Eastern Conference and a ceiling of first round sweeps!

I'll enjoy watching my young team in year 2 of their rebuild. I forgot, what happened to the lakers last season? or the season before?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #54
returnofthemack

Quote:
Cavs weren't doing this deal unless they could get an assurance that Bynum would be there long term. No sense in giving up your only competent C for a rental for a year. Risky move.

The cavs need to evaluate the young core they got now before making blockbuster deals.

And Besides, the 76ers are f*cked if:

1: Bynum has another injury

or

2: Bynum leaves in free agency.

this.

the cavs made the mistake last time around of signing bums to big deals too early when lebron was just a couple years in. no one knows what is going to become of bynum on a new team that

1. hasnt had any success recently.

2. will most likely be playing for a low seed in the weak east

3. smaller market.

4. he is now the "guy" on the team.

this is a huge risk for philly but over all im glad they took it. makes things more interesting in the east. but im glad my cavs didnt sell the farm for bynum who has a history of injury and attitude problems.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #55
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Yeah, Bynum comes with risks but you have to be willing to take a chance on a guy like him if you want to realistically compete for a championship. Better to take a shot at a 24 year old stud center than sit around trying to hedge yourself against risk for the next 5 years.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #56
returnofthemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, Bynum comes with risks but you have to be willing to take a chance on a guy like him if you want to realistically compete for a championship. Better to take a shot at a 24 year old stud center than sit around trying to hedge yourself against risk for the next 5 years.

i totally get that. bynum scares me though. the only way teams like philly and cleveland can win is by being smart and making smart decisions. if the cavs had decided to go for bynum they would have been all in with him. im not sure if bynum is the kind of guy you want to trust your future to. LA didnt want to. orlando didnt want to. i really do hope that this works out for philly. their fans deserve a winner. but nothing about this is gauranteed to work for them. this could blow up in their faces big time. it could also work out great. i just think the chance of it not working out are much bigger then the chances of it being a success.

bynum will be a free agent next summer. there is nothing stopping him from walking away. in this day and age it seems to be what happens.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #57
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ohhhh no we can't give up Andy V for Bynum

Damn you guts overvalue your players. Such a shame.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #58
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

andy was always in the trade

tristan was the guy grant refused to include
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #59
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:

Can you please post the quote of who typed this?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #60
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Not hold onto this unproven talent because you value your assets way too highly. Maybe when your teams balls drop you'll make a gutsy move like the Sixers did. Enjoy rebuilding tho.
well, they didnt exactly have an iggy caliber player to move. sixers robbed this trade
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: