Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #106
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,290
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDTrey5
whois the bitch? (AvataR)

Do you mean who is the woman in my avatar?
I had no idea what you meant before.
Priyanka Chopra.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #107
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL
 
KDTrey5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: smart girl.. dumb bootayyy
Posts: 1,669
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Do you mean who is the woman in my avatar?
I had no idea what you meant before.
Priyanka Chopra.
yea
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #108
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Of course he is better than anyone on ISH.
Who said he wasn't?
Iggy is a very good player.

You're stupid **** smuggler. Its meant that Doug values Iggy more than people do on ISH. Go back to crappy trade proposals you ****. And you mad. Good luck watching suck like yuor posts
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #109
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,780
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

all i know is that everyone made out like bandits except orlando. who IMO got killed in this trade.


your trying to rebuild, but you didnt get any good lottery picks? i could understand dumping all the salary and atleast getting a nice lottery pick or somthing.

but damn, they are going for a major take and they will only have their pick. they could be worse than the bobcats last year and end up just like them and not even get the first pick.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #110
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,021
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Damage? Such a drama queen bro. Iguodala kept the Sixers stuck in mediocrity. Sixers fans either had to start rebuilding like the Cavs playing the lottery lor make a significant move to take the next step. Losing Iggy doesnt damage the franchise it allows them to make up their mind which direction they want to go.
Oh, I agree... Which goes back to my saying that they limited the damage by giving up so little. It has been known for a long while that Iggy was attainable due to his $30 million he is owed over the next two years and the fact that he is/was 29 and on a very young team. The Sixers had pretty clearly moved on from Iggy and that was evident the moment they took Turner.

It was inevitable that Iggy was going to find himself out of Philly. Just a matter of who, not so much when.

So, the fact that they got rid of a guy that they were heavily shopping anyway and get the second best center in the league in return? It was a great move. No one is denying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
As I explained Bynum doesnt resign? Fine,
You may think it is fine, but I can guarantee you that most people would disagree, including probably the Sixers' front office. Do you think the Sixers are contending this season? Because, that is the only justification for moving on a one-year rental.

If Bynum doesn't re-sign, this will have been a failure of a trade. Fortunately for you, I'd bet that he stays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I listed the 3 options Sixers can have. Draft lottery, use cap space to sign a notable FA or Bynum decides the max money is worth it. Sorry you cant understand what it has been like as a Sixers fan to see a team stuck in the middle for years.
And, that is EXACTLY the point. Our respective franchises are in two completely different places. For you, the team has likely maxed out the Iggy years and it was time to move to a younger franchise player to put alongside the potential which is already there like Holiday and Turner.

For us, things have already been rebuilt in the last two years and both the franchise and its fans are optimistic about the future with or without Bynum. We aren't a middling team going nowhere... We don't even know what this team's identity will ultimately be.

Furthermore, this team is likely to be in the lottery at least one more year without an addition of Bynum (something Philly absolutely wasn't) and that means probably one more major talent infusion.

In other words, we are at the start of a rebuild, but a vague picture of things is starting to form. The Sixers just totally changed course with this move. Two franchises. Two totally different scenarios.

If Bynum had been a one-year rental here and we gave up Varejao (who has a lot of value around the league), Thompson (we have no clue how good this guy can be) and next year's draft pick? That would have been damaging possibly beyond repair.

You guys were in a position to take a risk. We aren't. In retrospect, this move made a lot more sense for Philly than it did for the Cavs. That isn't to say that I wouldn't have liked to get Bynum. It would have been great... But, without him, we are still a franchise heading in a good direction with a ton of young talent, some of which we haven't even seen play together yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
My point once again was you were hesistant to include ANYTHING ELSE in the Andy V and draft picks package. I said "thats a 1yr rental deal" and you as always REST ASSURE ITS NOT GOBB, YOUR SILLY TO SAY THAT.
It was silly to think that the Cavs would have been involved in this if they weren't confident he would re-sign, which was always my stance. I always said that, unless the Cavs were completely confident he was more than a one-year rental, they weren't going to be involved in any trade. Guess what? They weren't involved in any trade. Guess I was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You are hesistant to part with 1 of the #4 picks and I find that laughable.

Why? The Sixers didn't give up anything close to a very recent No. 4 pick. Nothing even remotely in the ballpark. So, I find the fact that you find it laughable to be laughable.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-11-2012 at 02:51 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #111
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year
 
Styles p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,454
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
47k posts my lord LMAO. The sixers are a JOKE. That's why Lou Williams left them and came to the Hawks. He was sick of being on a team with inept management and came to Lord Ferry's team. The only reason people even remember the 76ers exists is A.I and DR J LMAO. They are nearly as irrelevant as the current day bucks

lou left because his agent is a tard. the sixers offered him 5 year 30mil and when they didn't take it the sixers signed nick young instead. then lou was left taking whatever deal was offered which was a shitty 2 year deal. thank god he didn't take that deal though.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #112
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,304
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
all i know is that everyone made out like bandits except orlando. who IMO got killed in this trade.


your trying to rebuild, but you didnt get any good lottery picks? i could understand dumping all the salary and atleast getting a nice lottery pick or somthing.

but damn, they are going for a major take and they will only have their pick. they could be worse than the bobcats last year and end up just like them and not even get the first pick.
So far the best thing they got out of the trade was Affalo, unless somehow one of the picks pans out.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #113
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,290
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not hold onto this unproven talent because you value your assets way too highly. Maybe when your teams balls drop you'll make a gutsy move like the Sixers did. Enjoy rebuilding tho.

It wasn't gutsy, even if Bynum bolts.
The Sixers have to extend their young players soon, Holiday, Turner, Young et al.
Getting rid of Iggy saves cap space, even if Bynum bolts, that they can use on their young players.

And with whatever cap space they have left over, they can go after another young free agent big, instead of having Iggy and his big contract on the books next season.

So it wasn't gutsy giving up an All-Star, two reserves, and a lottery protected pick for one of the top 5 centers in the league.

And yes, I would have liked for the Hawks to have gotten in on this deal and gotten Bynum, and if that meant giving up Horford in a deal, so be it.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #114
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Hawk fan ur mad bro
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #115
magictricked
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 597
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

It was a ballsy move. The 76ers have a small window of error on this.

They gave up the one true trade-able asset (without dipping into the kids who show upside) they had for a player that has shown himself to be anything but consistent on and off the court. Bynum's agent is David Lee. I believe Bynum is Lee's only client after he screwed up the Trevor Ariza deal so Bynum's re-signing with the 76ers is far from a done deal. It's almost certain that Bynum will re-sign next summer but it's far from a sure bet.

Also RedBlackAttack you bring up a good point that the Cavs and 76ers are on two different levels of team building and that's true, the 76ers are a step ahead but if the Bynum trade doesn't work out the 76ers do take a fairly large step back with no real way to quickly make up ground so in that aspect GOBB is correct that this move did take some huevos it's not a no brainer when you look at the big picture.
magictricked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #116
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

If Cav fans don't want Bynum because they don't like him or want to build their team with character, and feel he doesn't fit the criteria, then I respect that.




Anyone thinking the Cavs did anything not retarded in not making this trade...sorry.




It's a ballsy move, in that it's aggressive. It's risk-free, because it an easy decision to make. How can anyone argue with it? The only part that sucks is Jason Richardson. You just signed Nick Young, so the need for Richardson is nil. But it's fair to say that wasn't a big deal.



How can you not go after Andrew Bynum. Everyone on this team gets rid of the ball quick. They never turn the ball over, it's incredible. It's the perfect place for Bynum. And they're immediately much better.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #117
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
If Cav fans don't want Bynum because they don't like him or want to build their team with character, and feel he doesn't fit the criteria, then I respect that.




Anyone thinking the Cavs did anything not retarded in not making this trade...sorry.




It's a ballsy move, in that it's aggressive. It's risk-free, because it an easy decision to make. How can anyone argue with it? The only part that sucks is Jason Richardson. You just signed Nick Young, so the need for Richardson is nil. But it's fair to say that wasn't a big deal.



How can you not go after Andrew Bynum. Everyone on this team gets rid of the ball quick. They never turn the ball over, it's incredible. It's the perfect place for Bynum. And they're immediately much better.

Yeah I think that was one the the things Sixers had to eat (JRich) in order to land Bynum. But check it out tho...

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner/Jason Richadson/Nick Young
Dorrell Wright

Thats pretty much the PG-SF depth (I left out Ivey/Wayns purpposely).

One thing about Evan Turner is his versatility in that he can play SG or SF. The jury is out if he can handle SF fulltime as Iguodala did. Jason Richardson can play some SF. Nick Young can play some SF. Wright isnt going to play 48mins at SF. He played about 27mpg last season. Jrich about 29. Nick Young can give you what 23-25mpg? I think there is enough minutes to give all 5 players good time. Ideally Jrich/Young are SGs, but I believe both are versatile enough to be placed at SF. Not for extended minutes but with D.Wright and if Evan Turner shows he can handle SF load then they should be good to go no?

What I like about Jason Richardon is now you added another shooter. One of the issues with the Sixers were players who could shoot and space the floor. When you have to rely on Jodie Meeks as your floor spacer that gives you an idea of what I'm happy about. Young, Richardson and Wright can shoot behind the arc. Jrue is a solid shooter behind the arc as well. Thats pretty good when you have a low post prescence in Bynum. This is where I hope he improves passing out of double teams and hitting the right man as well.

Also relieves some pressure from Evan Turner as a shooter. He's a much better ball handler than Iguodala as well as attacking the rim. I still hope he becomes a solid shooter, dont even care about 3. Give me good midrange jumpers. But these other additions improve shooting and just fit with a guy like Bynum. Atleast on paper/in theory.

What do you think?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #118
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah I think that was one the the things Sixers had to eat (JRich) in order to land Bynum. But check it out tho...

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner/Jason Richadson/Nick Young
Dorrell Wright

Thats pretty much the PG-SF depth (I left out Ivey/Wayns purpposely).

One thing about Evan Turner is his versatility in that he can play SG or SF. The jury is out if he can handle SF fulltime as Iguodala did. Jason Richardson can play some SF. Nick Young can play some SF. Wright isnt going to play 48mins at SF. He played about 27mpg last season. Jrich about 29. Nick Young can give you what 23-25mpg? I think there is enough minutes to give all 5 players good time. Ideally Jrich/Young are SGs, but I believe both are versatile enough to be placed at SF. Not for extended minutes but with D.Wright and if Evan Turner shows he can handle SF load then they should be good to go no?

What I like about Jason Richardon is now you added another shooter. One of the issues with the Sixers were players who could shoot and space the floor. When you have to rely on Jodie Meeks as your floor spacer that gives you an idea of what I'm happy about. Young, Richardson and Wright can shoot behind the arc. Jrue is a solid shooter behind the arc as well. Thats pretty good when you have a low post prescence in Bynum. This is where I hope he improves passing out of double teams and hitting the right man as well.

Also relieves some pressure from Evan Turner as a shooter. He's a much better ball handler than Iguodala as well as attacking the rim. I still hope he becomes a solid shooter, dont even care about 3. Give me good midrange jumpers. But these other additions improve shooting and just fit with a guy like Bynum. Atleast on paper/in theory.

What do you think?




I think Evan Turner is perfect for Bynum. Iguodala wants to run and push. Turner is a better playmaker in the halfcourt. He's more clever and more creative. Will get Bynum better touches and give the team another option in the halfcourt. The team can still run too, but they're not a true running team. Turner's balance is better for the team.


Don't know if Wright is the best option at the 3, but you don't have to win a title this year. Just be a strong team. He can be a solid player again. I'm curious to see what happens at PF. Does Young start or does he continue to play off the bench. Does Lavoy Allen backup at C or at PF or wherever they need him? I think they will have options. But I think that Hawes at PF is pretty bad, especially alongside someone like Bynum. He's the best backup in the league, but I think he needs to be moved.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #119
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,290
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Sixers get

Anthony Morrow (expirer)

Hawks get

Jason Richardson
2nd round pick

Works via the new salary matching rule.

The Hawks get a wing who can score and shoot, and the Sixers shed some salary.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #120
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Sixers get

Anthony Morrow (expirer)

Hawks get

Jason Richardson
2nd round pick

Works via the new salary matching rule.

The Hawks get a wing who can score and shoot, and the Sixers shed some salary.



I don't see why the Hawks would wanna do that, but I can see why the Sixers would. Morrow is an elite shooter.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy