Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Trade Metta World Peace

Am I the only one that is completely fed up with his consistently atrocious offense, and his delusions of grandeur about his defense. He is slow, flat footed, and has horrible lateral movement. And gets blown by more often then he can actually keep his body in front of an opposing player.

This dude is a real liability on our team. We need to trade him and get as much value in return as we can, whatever that may be. This is not the UFC, this is the NBA. We are keeping him around because he is so tough, but the fact is that toughness is not a basketball skill. He is just a horrible player a this point in his career and someone needed to say it.

If we cant trade him, we need to amnesty him.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups

VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade Metta World Peace

I think- Ok, I HOPE- that he can still be useful if he has a coach he actually respects who will put him in his place if he acts like an idiot. I SERIOUSLY doubt, D'Antoni will tolerate his stupidness on offense, and I still see a glimmer of hope on D when he is forced to focus on that.
I think it might be prudent to hold off on any major moves until we see how things run with a healthy Nash and the new system.
BUT! If he keeps acting like a moron even after things get settled, then in the words of Kobe, "Ship his ass out!"
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No, amnesty is not a smart idea. I'd rather have MWP play limited minutes than outright amnesty him because you still have to pay him (even though that would be off the books).

As for trading him.. who is going to take him at this point in his career? What will you even get for him? I mean you could try to see what he is worth around the league, but you won't get much for him..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
No, amnesty is not a smart idea. I'd rather have MWP play limited minutes than outright amnesty him because you still have to pay him (even though that would be off the books).

As for trading him.. who is going to take him at this point in his career? What will you even get for him? I mean you could try to see what he is worth around the league, but you won't get much for him..

We found someone to take Luke Walton, and Kwame.......are they better than Metta There would be a taker......who, I have no idea.

Metta's play >>>> Duhon & Meeks......man those guys couldn't have looked more useless last night......in fact they really both hurt the team.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im getting tired of the constant complaining about every non star on this team. There are fantasy leagues to solve this type of disorder. Superstars don't win championships, rather chemistry and effort is what usually takes the cake.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups

VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Im getting tired of the constant complaining about every non star on this team. There are fantasy leagues to solve this type of disorder. Superstars don't win championships, rather chemistry and effort is what usually takes the cake.

Good post.:)
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:

It's a basketball forum not a homerish circle J3RK, everyone is going to have opinions and expectations....if they feel a player is not pulling his weight they will say so......even Kobe will get bashed after scoring 40+ points
I don't always agree with what is said but I respect everyone's right to their opinion.....Don't lose sight of that, you have done a fantastic job Mr. Mod
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I just want to see him held accountable for his lack of production on the court. He is such a charismatic individual that I often get the impression that he is always able to talk his way into a job that, in my opinion, he no longer deserves.

The situation with Metta is actually very similar to the one we just resolved with Mike Brown. He has a reputation for being a great defensive player, but on the court we just don't see it. And he is the worst offensive player in the NBA.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hypothetically everybody would love to upgrade that position. Realistically, there's no way it happens. He's the only decent SF on the team. By trading him you would expect to get a better SF in return. There's no team that is going to trade their SF who is better for Artest. The Lakers would need to trade something else. The problem is, there aren't teams out there willing to take on salary. The Lakers obviously can't so it makes it next to impossible to make a deal.

The only SF who is good that would potentially be available would be Tayshaun Prince. Obviously, he'd be an amazing fit. The problem is Joe D isn't going to take Artest and he isn't going to take on salary. I'm sure he'd want a first round pick too. There really aren't any pieces on the Lakers that would Detroit would even want (outside of the superstars). I don't see anyway to make it work. Unfortunately, Lakers fans are probably going to have to settle for no moves and having an All-Star team this season
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
It's a basketball forum not a homerish circle J3RK, everyone is going to have opinions and expectations....if they feel a player is not pulling his weight they will say so......even Kobe will get bashed after scoring 40+ points
I don't always agree with what is said but I respect everyone's right to their opinion.....Don't lose sight of that, you have done a fantastic job Mr. Mod

THank you man and I agree. Its just from a basketball standpoint, I want to see some optimism here and there. If everything is about the bad, I start getting depressed. I already got enough bad in my personal life, and would like to watch some refreshing basketball.

Smush was bad, he left. After that it was Kwame, he left. After that it was Odom. Odom picked it up and improved. After that it was the decline of Pau Gasol. After that it was the hiring of Mike Brown. Now that Mike Brown is gone, Ron Artest?

Ron has given the lakers his 110% every single game, whether they were down 30 or up 30. Without Ron Artest, we don't win against the celtics in game 7. How many times have we seen Ron hit clutch shots when a game is on the line? All this and he's just a role player making midlevel cash. When are we going to stop the crucifixion of a basketball team? Just watch and have fun. You know? Not everything has to be the best....
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
THank you man and I agree. Its just from a basketball standpoint, I want to see some optimism here and there. If everything is about the bad, I start getting depressed. I already got enough bad in my personal life, and would like to watch some refreshing basketball.

Smush was bad, he left. After that it was Kwame, he left. After that it was Odom. Odom picked it up and improved. After that it was the decline of Pau Gasol. After that it was the hiring of Mike Brown. Now that Mike Brown is gone, Ron Artest?

Ron has given the lakers his 110% every single game, whether they were down 30 or up 30. Without Ron Artest, we don't win against the celtics in game 7. How many times have we seen Ron hit clutch shots when a game is on the line? All this and he's just a role player making midlevel cash. When are we going to stop the crucifixion of a basketball team? Just watch and have fun. You know? Not everything has to be the best....

I agree with you on the whole post.....but is the team would just stop doing bad things like hiring the wrong coaches we wouldn't have much to complain about. On the positive side, despite the loss I can see we are much better than the Spurs.....we lost that game due to injuries and playing in a coachless situation.
I don't have a problem with Metta but I understand kk and those who want him out. I don't really have a problem with weak grip Pau either, I hope 'Antoni stops all the crap with Pau on the perimeter, he doesn't have that kind of range, his talent is being wasted.....if we can't figure it out we should trade him.
Sad but Duhon and Meeks were so horrible last game that I actually missed Steve Blake I still think we should've kept Goudelock......but that was a Mike Brown bad decision.

Despite all of our various gripes we ALL want the same thing
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #12
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Talking Re: Trade Metta World Peace

WTF,

No trade no amnesty.

We need him for the play-off, we need to trade Gasol, Blake!
For that one guy from Atlanta! Oh well!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
WhiteMamba
Can barely lace up my sneakers

WhiteMamba has an OK reputation so far

He's too inconsistent, but his defense really helps.
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
DKLaker

Hey kk, how did Metta play tonight
Maybe he heard you
Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #15
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Hey kk, how did Metta play tonight
Maybe he heard you
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: