Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old Today, 12:49 PM   #1
StephHamann
My son is 2/6

StephHamann posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryStephHamann posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryStephHamann posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default How good is Kevin McHale as a coach?

Only gone for 4 months and the Rockets are already in full rebuild mode, how good is Kevin McHale?

Knicks should be all over him.
StephHamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #2
1987_Lakers
3-time NBA All-Star

1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation1987_Lakers has a terrific reputation
Default Re: How good is Kevin McHale as a coach?

I don't know, but when he appeared on Inside the NBA a couple of days ago he seemed like a genius when talking basketball compared to Barkley & Shaq.

A lot of people didn't like McHale though.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31 PM   #3
senelcoolidge
NBA lottery pick

senelcoolidge has a bad reputationsenelcoolidge has a bad reputationsenelcoolidge has a bad reputation

Harden, Howard, and other guys on the rockets are bit#hes. Players today are bit#hes. I'm tired of coaches being the scapegoats for soft players that can't take instruction. Players that give up on their coaches and team have no reason to be in the NBA. They get no respect. I don't think Mchale was a great coach, but they were better with him.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #4
Fallen Angel
Banned

Fallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsFallen Angel has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Harden, Howard, and other guys on the rockets are bit#hes. Players today are bit#hes. I'm tired of coaches being the scapegoats for soft players that can't take instruction. Players that give up on their coaches and team have no reason to be in the NBA. They get no respect. I don't think Mchale was a great coach, but they were better with him.
Please stop talking about the Rockets. I see you in every thread concerning the Rockets trying to talk shit but you know absolutely nothing about the team or its players.

If you know nothing about the subject then you're better off keeping it to yourself instead of sounding like a complete idiot.
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #5
Chadwin
Serious playground baller

Chadwin is starting to rub some people the wrong wayChadwin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
Please stop talking about the Rockets. I see you in every thread concerning the Rockets trying to talk shit but you know absolutely nothing about the team or its players.

If you know nothing about the subject then you're better off keeping it to yourself instead of sounding like a complete idiot.

He's right.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/...ue-6823476.php

Harden and Howard can't take that kind of coach. They want someone who will let them run wild.
Chadwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:04 PM   #6
L.A. Jazz
Local High School Star

L.A. Jazz is considered somewhat coolL.A. Jazz is considered somewhat coolL.A. Jazz is considered somewhat cool

Was not a big fan of him a few years back, but i respect his progress the last few years. he did a good job in Houston. The same team with Prigioni and Smith was in the WCF. But with 2 "me-guys" as your best players and both no leaders you cant win on the long run. he will get another job soon and will be happy being away from "fat and no D"-Harden and "always injured and crybaby"-D.Howard.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation herebdreason has a near all-star reputation here

I'm not sure he has the presence to be a great NBA coach. I think he'd make a fantastic assistant or development coach though. McHale is the kind of guy you want to sit down and just pick his brain for basketball knowledge.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #8
Mr Exlax
Cmon Rox

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm not sure he has the presence to be a great NBA coach. I think he'd make a fantastic assistant or development coach though. McHale is the kind of guy you want to sit down and just pick his brain for basketball knowledge.

Been saying it for years.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #9
theaussieguy
Local High School Star

theaussieguy has not been impressing people

hes pretty good I just picked him on a $200 contract for my local rec league team. He's a bit iffy on rotations at times but he knows how to inspire and motivate us.
theaussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #10
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Micku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputationMicku has a terrific reputation

Better than I thought judging from the current Rocket season....I guess.

But they started off the season bad in the beginning. I don't know what's going on with the Rockets.
Micku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 PM   #11
KungFuJoe
Decent college freshman

KungFuJoe has an OK reputation so farKungFuJoe has an OK reputation so far

He's horrible. He might be a good analyst or whatever but in game situations he's bad. No plays out of time outs, his huddles are nothing but him saying "C'mon guys! C'mon guys!", he doesn't hold star players accountable (though to be fair few coaches do this) and his rotations are laughable.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:04 PM   #12
senelcoolidge
NBA lottery pick

senelcoolidge has a bad reputationsenelcoolidge has a bad reputationsenelcoolidge has a bad reputation

Current nba players are so immature and stupid. It's baffling.

"McHale's coaching style is exactly like he played: hard-nosed, rugged, up in your face," Lowry wrote on The Players' Tribune. "It was about team, team, team, and doing whatever it takes to be the best teammate possible.

"I didn't understand his philosophy. It sucks, because he was only trying to help me become a better player. If I had allowed him to coach me, things could have worked in Houston."
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: