Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #31
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
I normally respect your opinion but you are just flat out wrong on this one. This guy has the toughness of Metta and his athleticism compares to Iguodala. Coach him up and he will be a nice replacement for Metta presumably when he moves on in 2014.

As for the summer league stuff, it does matter. Morrison played well in summer league because the level of competition is more comparable to college level players. If Goudelock couldn't at least play at the same level as Morrison in summer league, we should be really concerned. Face it bro. The dude is a scrub. We don't need his 4.4 points per game on 39% shooting. SCRUB.

2 years in the league and hasn't done anything nor earned a starting spot....I'll pass. Goudelock has shown he can play in REAL NBA games.

Your evaluation of talent????
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #32
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,255
BallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong wayBallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Final Roster

Lakers need to use the remainder of the mini MLE and pickup Barbosa. The man averaged 16pts on 40% 3pt shooting in the Olympics leading his Brazilian team.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter and has excellent chemistry with Steve Nash. I like the Meeks signing, but Barbosa on the Lakers is really a no brainer. Find a way to dump Blake, preferably in a S&T to Indiana with cash to make it work.

I also wouldn't mind them using the remaining veteran's minimum, if they still have it, on Matt Barnes. He was their best bench player all season and injuries limited his productiveness/playing time in the playoffs.

PG: Nash | Barbosa | Duhon | Morris
SG: Bryant | Meeks | Goudelock
SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark
C: Howard | Hill



Thoughts?

Last edited by BallsOut : 08-26-2012 at 01:25 AM.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #33
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Lakers need to use the remainder of the mini MLE and pickup Barbosa. The man averaged 16pts on 40% 3pt shooting in the Olympics leading his Brazilian team.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter and has excellent chemistry with Steve Nash. I like the Meeks signing, but Barbosa on the Lakers is really a no brainer. Find a way to dump Blake, preferably in a S&T to Indiana with cash to make it work.

I also wouldn't mind them using the remaining veteran's minimum, if they still have it, on Matt Barnes. He was their best bench player all season and injuries limited his productiveness/playing time in the playoffs.

PG: Nash | Barbosa | Duhon | Morris
SG: Bryant | Meeks | Goudelock
SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark
C: Howard | Hill



Thoughts?

Barbosa is a shooting guard NOT a point guard.....we have that spot covered so I'd pass.

Matt Barnes is not expected to re-sign with the Lakers....but since his legal troubles he's not as desirable for other teams......he may have to take a pay cut.

I would definitely like to see Steve Blake get traded.....he's not worth the $4mil we're paying him......plus I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere after some horrible, so called fans threatened him and his family.

I'm most in favor of getting some toughness with K-Mart or Birdman to fill out the roster.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #34
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,277
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Austin Daye;
http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/08...r-austin-daye/



This article is from August 2011 NOT this year, he proceeded to have his worst season and is known to be as big a "Summer League Star, Real Season Bust" as Adam Morrison.

Last season .322% shooting .210% 3pt

Despite the mostly complimentary article he is doing nothing but getting worse in games that count.

He was playing through a ankle injury all season last year. This is the reason for his lack of PT and decline in production.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #35
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
He was playing through a ankle injury all season last year. This is the reason for his lack of PT and decline in production.

Ok, that is a legit reason however Detroit is not high on his ability at this time....a sign that they don't that injury is the big problem.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #36
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned
 
Eat Like A Bosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inside LeBron's head
Posts: 5,214
Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I want to juggle some players....

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Howard/?????/Sacre

Just one hole to fill.... Birdman would fit nicely!!!

Mitch, you are a genius!!!
Hill works fine as a backup 5. He held his own against the Thunder with Bynum out. Remember? Jamison is a 4.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #37
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 12,359
crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Final Roster

We have a log jam at the point position..

What the Lakers need is another big while Howard is out.

Martin?

We can also use another SF/SG type player.

But really for the most part this team is good to go.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #38
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,277
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Ok, that is a legit reason however Detroit is not high on his ability at this time....a sign that they don't that injury is the big problem.

I think they are hoping he turns into a decent player...he has shown some flashes but very inconsistent. Either way, he is not what the Lakers need.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #39
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,277
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Barbosa is a shooting guard NOT a point guard.....we have that spot covered so I'd pass.

Matt Barnes is not expected to re-sign with the Lakers....but since his legal troubles he's not as desirable for other teams......he may have to take a pay cut.

I would definitely like to see Steve Blake get traded.....he's not worth the $4mil we're paying him......plus I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere after some horrible, so called fans threatened him and his family.

I'm most in favor of getting some toughness with K-Mart or Birdman to fill out the roster.

Legal issues or not, I think Barnes was going to have to settle on the min. A lot of guys of his caliber are getting the min.

I think Blake can do better in a role where he knows he can handle which is going to be very limited. I think he couldnt handle the pressure when he came to LA bc everyone was hoping he would be the answer at the point. 4 mil is too much but not going to get much in return.

Kmart would be great for LA bc of his man defense and he can play both positions. Would he be willing to play with such little time he would get once Dwight returns? I can see Birdman willing to come for the min and accept limited minutes.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #40
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Legal issues or not, I think Barnes was going to have to settle on the min. A lot of guys of his caliber are getting the min.

I think Blake can do better in a role where he knows he can handle which is going to be very limited. I think he couldnt handle the pressure when he came to LA bc everyone was hoping he would be the answer at the point. 4 mil is too much but not going to get much in return.

Kmart would be great for LA bc of his man defense and he can play both positions. Would he be willing to play with such little time he would get once Dwight returns? I can see Birdman willing to come for the min and accept limited minutes.

Yeah, I read that Birdman is worried that he won't get an NBA contract and is very anxious to sign for the minimum. I suspect that same reality is starting to hit Kmart.....the time for holding out for more money has passed this year.

Yes, you are 100% correct about Barnes.....I do feel a bit sorry for him, and I bet he wants back in now because of the championship quality roster......I don't know what Mitch wants for that last player....SF/PF or C combo.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #41
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,277
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, I read that Birdman is worried that he won't get an NBA contract and is very anxious to sign for the minimum. I suspect that same reality is starting to hit Kmart.....the time for holding out for more money has passed this year.

Yes, you are 100% correct about Barnes.....I do feel a bit sorry for him, and I bet he wants back in now because of the championship quality roster......I don't know what Mitch wants for that last player....SF/PF or C combo.

Kmart really over valued his worth. While he is coming off a pretty successful stint in LA with the Clippers, not much money is being shelled out for old players.

Tons of players are being overpaid, but one thing in common is that they are all young players. Notice barely any old guys are getting more than min contracts.

Honestly, Martin is best fit in Miami where he will have a bigger role than he would here in LA.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #42
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,761
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, I read that Birdman is worried that he won't get an NBA contract and is very anxious to sign for the minimum. I suspect that same reality is starting to hit Kmart.....the time for holding out for more money has passed this year.

Yes, you are 100% correct about Barnes.....I do feel a bit sorry for him, and I bet he wants back in now because of the championship quality roster......I don't know what Mitch wants for that last player....SF/PF or C combo.

In retrospect, he should have signed with Cleveland for 3 years/ 9 million. He doesn't get anything close to that anymore IMO.

Its a shame. He hustles, and he can put numbers on the board. He's also a very loyal player. How does someone like him not command that much money?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #43
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,277
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
In retrospect, he should have signed with Cleveland for 3 years/ 9 million. He doesn't get anything close to that anymore IMO.

Its a shame. He hustles, and he can put numbers on the board. He's also a very loyal player. How does someone like him not command that much money?

Its always made me wonder why he was a career journeyman and always signed for near min deals in a time where a ton of money was being shelled out to a lot of lower tier players.

He has made a impact on every team he has ever played for the last 6 years. In Golden state, Orlando, Phoenix and the Lakers.

He has made 11 million in his 9 year career...thats pretty low for a guy who has been able to be a rotational player for the last 6 or so years.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #44
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Its always made me wonder why he was a career journeyman and always signed for near min deals in a time where a ton of money was being shelled out to a lot of lower tier players.

He has made a impact on every team he has ever played for the last 6 years. In Golden state, Orlando, Phoenix and the Lakers.

He has made 11 million in his 9 year career...thats pretty low for a guy who has been able to be a rotational player for the last 6 or so years.

Just look at that and compare what we paid to Luke Walton and Steve Blake just to name 2
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #45
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 629
kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Barbosa is a shooting guard NOT a point guard.....we have that spot covered so I'd pass.

Matt Barnes is not expected to re-sign with the Lakers....but since his legal troubles he's not as desirable for other teams......he may have to take a pay cut.

I would definitely like to see Steve Blake get traded.....he's not worth the $4mil we're paying him......plus I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere after some horrible, so called fans threatened him and his family.

I'm most in favor of getting some toughness with K-Mart or Birdman to fill out the roster.

I wouldn't mind us dropping Blake. I think Duhon would be a solid backup to Nash.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy