Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Default What's your greatest memory on a FPS?

Simple question, whether it be online or whatnot, what is your greatest fps moment. Online or off.

Mine is back a couple years ago, me and my friends were playing 3-3 team slayer on Halo 3. One of my friends was on my xbox so we were split screen. We were tied like 42-42 or something and we were camping waiting for the other team to come out and then out of nowhere all 3 came out. I threw a grenade and it exploded right in front of them . I ended up getting a triple kill with like 45 seconds left in the match and lead our team to victory. I was pumped as hell lol, but me and my friends were halo nerds so we just went onto the next match.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: What's your greatest memory on a FPS?

Playing with some friends, just on a regular TDM game on MW3 at Hardhat. I started the game out 2-7, got so angry and pissed off with the other team that I just subconsciously turned into a beast, and finished the game 39-9. Seems to happen a lot that I play my best when I'm angry.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

I led my CS 1.6 clan to winning it all in a tournament that was pretty big to us back in 02 when LAN gaming was still relevant. The prize was $300/6
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Probably realizing I could change perspective to third person by accident. Like in Skyrim.

Just can't do the FPS thing.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Goldeneye 007 on N64. I used to play split screen with 3 buddies so damn much. We'd play for 5+ hours at a time. It's more a general memory than a specific event obviously.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #6
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

The only one I can think of is my first nuke in MW2. I was pretty pumped for that.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

No clue, maybe Black Ops when we shutout a team in Domination 200-0 (video to prove it) on Firing Range which isnt a hard map to do it. No the team wasnt very good so no extra kudos.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
Rose
Hero in a half shell

One was when we were playing halo reach, and it was team slayer. And we were down 49-44. And my teammates were like well it's over! And then I got a quadruple kill from a rocket then shot one guy as he respawned, and we got another kill and won.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

So I am playing Bad Company 2 on that windmill map with all the hills. I am in a tank and a helicopter is owning my team like 200-300 feet away from my position. I get my tank on top of a small hill and line it up so its facing upward. The helicopter approaches, I line up my shot like 3 inches to the upper right side of a fast moving helicopter since the game has actual physics, and so I let it fly and the shell hits the helicopter with perfect accuracy and I get a double kill. Then you get this voice in your head yelling "I just blew up a ****in helicopter with a tank". The physics just made it feel so satisfying, I had to calculate the trajectory of the shell and not just point and get a kill. Another time I got jumped by a tank, tried to get behind it and forced 3 people inside to get out and try to kill me with their guns, dumbasses left the tank empty so as they got out I ninjaed the tank and mowed them down.

No other game gives you that amazing feeling, BC2 is just an awesome experience.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Goldeneye 007 on N64. I used to play split screen with 3 buddies so damn much. We'd play for 5+ hours at a time. It's more a general memory than a specific event obviously.
Likely the same with me. It blew my mind at the time. I specifically remember making it to the level with the tank and thinking to myself, "I'm actually driving the tank!"
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: