Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #16
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Basketball player diets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Teacher Class Name Grade Score Last Update

Bret Almazan-Cezar 7B Geometry Honors A 96 9/4/12
Kevin Brazelton 5 English 1 Accelerated A- 90 9/5/12
Kristy Calaway 6 Intro to Catholic Christianity A- 92 9/6/12
ROSE LOPEZ 1 French 1 A 94 9/9/12
Dina Oakland 3rd.PE1.F12 A 100 8/28/12

I'll be honest. At first glance, I thought you posted the wrong thing, but I guess you got the student part down. Awesome.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Woot Woot!
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #18
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Woot Woot!

Anyway, basically my take home point is simply it's not just how much you eat, but WHAT you eat (and also when you eat it). Git dat growth, niggeh (haven't seen that KDTrey guy post in a while so I miss seeing "niggeh" on the board).
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #19
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
1. Drink lots of water
2. Take a multi-vitamin daily
3. Invest in a fiber pill/colon cleanser (keep you light on your feet, haha)
4. As far as diet eat lots of tuna (with/ light mayo, mustard, celery, egg whites)

Eat lots of boneless skinless chicken breast
Lots of spinach and green leafy veggies
raw foods (carrots, celery, apples)
NO FRIED FOODS, SUGAR, CARBS (minimal)

I think bulking up is a bad idea, try to stay lean and add minimal muscle....you'll get built over time, just focus on being healthy and maintaining/building your cardio.

Tuna is a great source of protein but it also contais a lot of heavy metals---> not very healthy in a long run. Eat it, but don't exaggerate. Choose other sources ob protein, whole eggs and red meat are great, chicken, sardines,...

Why such fear of carbohydrates? This is some kind of fashion now, carbs are guilty of everything. It's not true, carbs play an important role in your body when it comes to hormones and other stuff. And especially very active basketball player should not avoid carbs. Just don't eat processed stuff(carbs) which brings into your body all kinds of shit. Eat tons of veggies. Add omega3 fats.
LBJ 23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #20
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Tuna is a great source of protein but it also contais a lot of heavy metals---> not very healthy in a long run. Eat it, but don't exaggerate. Choose other sources ob protein, whole eggs and red meat are great, chicken, sardines,...

Why such fear of carbohydrates? This is some kind of fashion now, carbs are guilty of everything. It's not true, carbs play an important role in your body when it comes to hormones and other stuff. And especially very active basketball player should not avoid carbs. Just don't eat processed stuff(carbs) which brings into your body all kinds of shit. Eat tons of veggies. Add omega3 fats.

Good post^

Simple sugar, especially processed sugars or carbs are bad. Most people do not eat enough raw foods especially raw veggies. I would say raw veggies would be the most important thing to monitor and add to your daily diet
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #21
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
Ooooh thanks my friend I've always been concerned about losing my quickness and jumping ability after putting on weight. Do you have any good specific leg exercises?

If you want big legs and a high vert- tiptoes

If you want toned legs with stamina- jog

If you want average legs, average vert, average stamina- squat
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: