Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default All Decade Team: The 60s.

I don't think you can put together an All-Decade team where the players played the majority of that decade (at least 8 seasons) that can come close to topping the 1960s?

PG: Oscar Robertson (1960-1969)
SG: Jerry West (1960-1969)
SF: Elgin Baylor (1960-1969)
PF: Bill Russell (1960-1969)
C: Wilt Chamberlain (1960-1969)

Top that
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Decade Team: The 60s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I don't think you can put together an All-Decade team where the players played the majority of that decade (at least 8 seasons) that can come close to topping the 1960s?

Top that
Can't really top that, that's a lineup Oscar referenced when he said the top players from his time could have a chance to beat the '92 dream team... Also, if you extend another year into the 60's you can add Hondo as 6th man
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

8 is tough , if you make it 6

Magic Johnson.
Jordan
Larry Bird
Hakeem
Kareem.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Top that

I'm not sure you can.

80's is close

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Charles Barkley
C: Hakeem Olajuwon

but as you mentioned, some of those players are half 80s half 90s players.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
I'm not sure you can.

80's is close

Those guys weren't even at their best when they battled each other.

Bird and Magic were peaking the season Jordan, Chuck and Dream, were drafted. By the time those guys were peaking, Bird and Magic were out the league.

With those five guys from the 60s, they were peaking/priming out at roughly the same damn time.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you count Russell who played like 4 years in the 50s I dont see why we cant count Shaq for the 2000s considering he played his best ball early in the decade so....

Shaq/Dwight/Yao
KG/Dirk
Lebron/Pierce
Wade/Carter/Ray
Paul/Rose/nash

They could play with anyone.

And a 70s team of

Kareem
Mcadoo(Walton came in a year too late I believe)
Doc(If you count the ABA)/Barry
Pistol
Frazier

At least holds its own.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
If you count Russell who played like 4 years in the 50s I dont see why we cant count Shaq for the 2000s considering he played his best ball early in the decade so....

Shaq/Dwight/Yao
KG/Dirk
Lebron/Pierce
Wade/Carter/Ray
Paul/Rose/nash

Soething Missing.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:

Shaq/Dwight/Yao
KG/Dirk
Lebron/Pierce
Wade/Carter/Ray
Paul/Rose/nash

I counted Russell because he played the whole decade of the 60s. And of course you can count Shaq, he played the entire decade of the 2000s.

And what decade is this? Not sure if Rose and Yao Ming have even suited up against each other?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Rubio2Gasol
College star

2000s.

Kidd/Nash
Kobe/Wade
Lebron/Pierce
KG/Dirk
Shaq/Duncan

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 08-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yes Kobe belongs of course. I knew it didnt look quite right. Duncan too. No idea how I didnt think of him.

Should take Rose out since he came on in the 2010s which I often forget is a new decade.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Those guys weren't even at their best when they battled each other.

Bird and Magic were peaking the season Jordan, Chuck and Dream, were drafted. By the time those guys were peaking, Bird and Magic were out the league.

With those five guys from the 60s, they were peaking/priming out at roughly the same damn time.

I agree, I was just providing a list for the sake of argument.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
I'm not sure you can.

80's is close

Jordan, Hakeem, and Barkley don't make it. They didn't play 8 seasons in the 80s.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
DatAsh
Local High School Star

Quote:

Shaq/Dwight/Yao
KG/Dirk
Lebron/Pierce
Wade/Carter/Ray
Paul/Rose/nash

Add Kobe and Duncan and that team has the best shot in my opinion. No idea how I didn't think of that.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
DatAsh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Jordan, Hakeem, and Barkley don't make it. They didn't play 8 seasons in the 80s.

I mentioned that at the bottom of the post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The '00's full-decade team is just as dominant as the 60's one IMO PLUS it has double the depth (to be fair, the league is much bigger)

Nash/Iverson '00-'09
Kobe/Carter '00-'09
Pierce/Tmac '00-'09
Dirk/KG '00-'09
Shaq/Duncan '00-'09

CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: