Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Hall of fame 2K game play level.

Wtf.
Is it just me or is it annoying that the cpu makes every effin shot. Shit's annoying. You beat them and they block so many of my shots. Crazy. You got Role players going 6-7 in the first half and shit.

Then you have Brandon Bass Blocking Dwight way too often.

How do you guys do against the Hall of Fame level? I feel like my passes are too easily stolen, shots are too easily blocked and I contest the shit out of the CPU when shooting and it STILL makes it. Shit makes my blood boil.

Tell me I'm not crazy.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Hall of fame 2K game play level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Wtf.
Is it just me or is it annoying that the cpu makes every effin shot. Shit's annoying. You beat them and they block so many of my shots. Crazy. You got Role players going 6-7 in the first half and shit.

Then you have Brandon Bass Blocking Dwight way too often.

How do you guys do against the Hall of Fame level? I feel like my passes are too easily stolen, shots are too easily blocked and I contest the shit out of the CPU when shooting and it STILL makes it. Shit makes my blood boil.

Tell me I'm not crazy.

I'm pretty good, but somedays I feel like I can't make a bucket.

you just have to be patient, it can be very unforgiving at times, they tuned up the help defense because there were so many dunks in 2k11 in traffic.

a good tip is in your half court offense if you are not getting down to 6 or 7 secs left on every half court set you are probably not doing enough to confuse the D

I find that having a good post player is also a good way to get easy buckets (I play with the spurs a lot, Timmy D is a beast in 2k12 if you know how to use him)

also, try to convert every turnover into a fastbreak basket, but if nothing is there call a play immediately so that your floor spacing goes back to normal, the reason you are getting the ball stolen is because you are more than likely rushing your offense.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I usually blow the CPU out on HOF. (Don't want to sound ignorant) but adjust the sliders to your liking in association and it'll have some effect. I know some things are just plain wrong with this game and sliders won't change it, but it's worth a try.

As for My Player, well you just have to deal with it the way it is lol.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
anthonyRandolph
Crescent City

anthonyRandolph has decent reputationanthonyRandolph has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqufE...2&feature=plcp

That guy makes it look easy.
anthonyRandolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

HOF is full of cheese. Depending on what position your playing at there are ways to combat it.

I had a PG and a C and my PG blows out HOF by 50, i just started my C and im on bobcats so its not possible playing in HOF ill get dominated by chuck hayes.

As a PG, if you can get 6+ steal a game you will win. CPU will always run similar plays watch out for them and anticipate. The only way to combat cheese is with cheese. Double team if there is a imminent shot clock cheese, thats the only way i know that will atleast stop 1/4 of shot clock cheese. If you team has good rebounders leak out, if not you have to stop the offensive rebounds. With PG, SG of SF always drive, you gotta play like lebron in the finals (2012) and you will get fouls, assits and points.

I play on the PC, so i dont have a console but i found a way to exploit the defence . If you tap left or right when your running from the back court you will get by defenders cause they cant bump you. Also you can run at full speed from the back court and stop and run away you will also leave you defender behind.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

HOF is shit.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

SHIT pisses me off. Dwight and pau are always doubled and when I kick out, the defender always recover. It seems unrealistic.

The team I'm playing hits ALL THEIR SHOTS. Contested or not, they never miss open shots. They shoot in the 50-65% range.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its unrealistic because HOF sliders are unrealistic. Take a look at them on the main menu. Switch from cpu to human and notice the difference. Its like that with all games you put on highest difficulty. Its not meant to be realistic. I think even on HOF simulation cpu goes off still. Like if the scale is 0-100, HOF would be set to 75 as far as hitting shots. I dont know the breakdown just giving you a sense if didnt know. Also there are other options that I forget off hand where it allows the cpu to come back from a lead no matter what. I'd have to jump on to get the name. So your lead could evaporate over bogus stuff while the cpu hits every shot imagainble.

I have a video I recorded where I was guarding Calderon who was in the midway point of the halfcourt line and 3pt line to give you an idea. Playing him tight. 5...4...3...2...1, I put my hands straight up as Calderon launches a deep 3. He hits it. Game can be nutty. Same with Madden when it goes god mode. My thing is I dont cheese. I dont like to be cheesed. I always play man on ball defense. Those that dont? Eh, not sure why. I dont like the cpu playing my defense not guarding me. I try not to play video games, but basketball as my friend would say. So countering HOF with cheese imo just isnt fun. I like my games to have a real feel even if its one sided where cpu isnt playing how I'd like.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ You're talking about clutch factor aka the CPU cheese setting. I have to turn the setting off or turn down the CPU clutch factor in the sliders menu. It's what allows those unstoppable 3rd and 4th quarter runs because that's when the game is programmed to rubberband the hardest.

Consistency plays a part too.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
^ You're talking about clutch factor aka the CPU cheese setting. I have to turn the setting off or turn down the CPU clutch factor in the sliders menu. It's what allows those unstoppable 3rd and 4th quarter runs because that's when the game is programmed to rubberband the hardest.

Consistency plays a part too.

Thanks, thats it. Those two play a major role in the cheesy cheeseness of the cpu.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: