Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #31
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: List of Countries that Finished on Top of Canada in the Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Canada is much smaller and place emphasis on much less sports, especially summer sports. Why OP made this thread is beyond me.
Traitor.
SilkkTheShocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #32
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP has decent reputationLBJMVP has decent reputation

just checked statistics on the total metal count in the 2010 winter olympics.

i didnt know the united states set a new record in total metals won at the winter olympics?

so with the summer olympic victory we just took the grandslam of the olypmpics and our beijing victory

2014 we are going for back to back to back to back

germany is the last country to win an olympics and that was the 2006 winter games.

and the united states has won every summer Olympiad since 1996... technically we won in 92' but 12 former soviet countries formed a unified team and beat us by four metals.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #33
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Want to know what makes me feel really accomplished? Sitting on my ass for 4 years and then bragging about other people winning Olympic medals.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #34
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ahh....now we can go back to hearing about all of the problems in america again for four years.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Want to know what makes me feel really accomplished? Sitting on my ass for 4 years and then bragging about other people winning Olympic medals.

This, lol.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #36
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Canada is much smaller and place emphasis on much less sports, especially summer sports. Why OP made this thread is beyond me.

They place alot of emphasis on sports. It's just our sports culture is alot different up here. The Winter Olympics is a prime example. Canada dominated the gold medals despite having a smaller population. We focus more of our resources developing the winter sports. Our hockey programs are second to none and go through the same development as Americans do with football.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #37
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

its your country... you support you country, and you when you country wins you get to tell other countries to suck it.

those are just the rules of life.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #38
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
They place alot of emphasis on sports. It's just our sports culture is alot different up here. The Winter Olympics is a prime example. Canada dominated the gold medals despite having a smaller population. We focus more of our resources developing the winter sports. Our hockey programs are second to none and go through the same development as Americans do with football.
Fewer sports, not less effort in total across the board, they focus on fewer.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #39
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
just checked statistics on the total metal count in the 2010 winter olympics.

i didnt know the united states set a new record in total metals won at the winter olympics?

Quote:
your telling me that a country that ls mostly a frozen tundra does better in the winter olympics than the summer olympics?

I wonder how you'd fair in the grammar rodeo?

Maybe if your country put a bit more into education and a little less into sport, there might not be so many of you that sound like such ignorant f*cking retards?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #40
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I wonder how you'd fair in the grammar rodeo?

Maybe if your country put a bit more into education and a little less into sport, there might not be so many of you that sound like such ignorant f*cking retards?

i had the aguement the other day with LOJ... go find the thread reread it and it will explain everything you need to know.

the thread is called... you think my chick is ugly.

once again someone pulls out the all " you forgot an apostrophe" argument when they have nothing else to say.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #41
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i had the aguement the other day with LOJ... go find the thread reread it and it will explain everything you need to know.

the thread is called... you think my chick is ugly.

once again someone pulls out the all " you forgot an apostrophe" argument when they have nothing else to say.

Look asshole, I could care less about spelling and grammar most of the time, but when you constantly spell 'medals' as 'metals' in a thread about winning OLYMPIC MEDALS, it means you are dumb as shit.

Just sayin
real talk
thought you should know

and no, re-reading a thread where you and LoJ are the main posters would be a mild form of torture.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #42
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Look asshole, I could care less about spelling and grammar most of the time, but when you constantly spell 'medals' as 'metals' in a thread about winning OLYMPIC MEDALS, it means you are dumb as shit.

Just sayin
real talk
thought you should know

and no, re-reading a thread where you and LoJ are the main posters would be a mild form of torture.

sorry... when i think of the word medal, i instantly think of metal.

you know, the stuff the medal is made out out of? so i wouldnt consider it that big of a mistake.

its just that when people loose and argument or get pissed off and have nothing else to say they critique their grammar and say

"har har, your dumb as shit."

when in reality, this is an nba forum and i never proofread my post, so a common mistake like accidentaly thinking metals, instead of medals is overlooked.

so if you enjoy critiquing grammar in post so much then i will tell you the same think i told LOJ.

go became and english teacher.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #43
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I imagine if lacrosse was an Olympic sport Canada would have a few more summer medals.

especially if it got broken down to indoor/outdoor mens/womens.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #44
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
sorry... when i think of the word medal, i instantly think of metal.

you know, the stuff the medal is made out out of? so i wouldnt consider it that big of a mistake.

Well, this is probably why you appear really dumb when you post, perhaps if you realized it was a big mistake, and it makes you sound like an idiot you would care. Yeah, I know I know you are really smart in real life, I can get that from your thoughts

Quote:
its just that when people loose and argument or get pissed off and have nothing else to say they critique their grammar and say

"har har, your dumb as shit."

when in reality, this is an nba forum and i never proofread my post, so a common mistake like accidentaly thinking metals, instead of medals is overlooked.

so if you enjoy critiquing grammar in post so much then i will tell you the same think i told LOJ.

go became and english teacher.

Damn son, you make it so easy
Old 08-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #45
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Well, this is probably why you appear really dumb when you post, perhaps if you realized it was a big mistake, and it makes you sound like an idiot you would care. Yeah, I know I know you are really smart in real life, I can get that from your thoughts

Damn son, you make it so easy

i find it funny when people correct grammar on hear. its like the except each post to be graded.

listen, i have gotten A's in every high school and collge level english course. when it comes time to proofread and make sure i do not make grammatical errors it is really really easy.

on this website i type as fast as i can because i thought that there weren't any eglish teachers or grades here.

what this website does have is a buch of stuck up assholes who cannot make reasonable arguments and resort to

"um you misspelled a word, haah dumbass"

or

"um you didnt put an apostrophe in your! i bet you didnt even know that your and you're are two different words"

or

jesus man im just typing and as long as you know what exactly what im trying to say then get over it.

i can argue this all day... and all you will is pinpoint grammatical errors which im not even trying to correct and prove my point that you have nothing else to say.

its quite funny really.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: