Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

Default Now Is The Time...

This is when we find out who the true Kings fans are. The bandwagoners are jumping ship (thank god) and so called Kings fans are jumping on the Suns or the Mavs bandwagon. And I'm not talking about people on the board, I'm talking your everyday friends you hang out with or peole you work with etc.... Where's all the Kings jersey's? Where's the flags in front of houses and car windows? Keep a close watch on these fakes, when the Kings return to the upper echalon they will try to jump back on and act like they are loyal trustworthy Kingsmen. True Kings fans know that we've already seen the bottom, it could never be worse than it has already been. Don't let the Kings become the 49ers of basketball!! And no matter how bad it gets just think about how bad it was before we had Mitch, when we were the laughing stock of the NBA. When people were like, "There's a basketball team in Sacramento?" It couldn't ever be that bad again, and even if it was a TRUE Kings fan would never jump ship.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

You won't catch me jumping ship. I mean I enjoy watching a team like the Suns but I won't become a fan, I'm a Kings fan(obviously). But yeah I know what you mean and that is a great post. I see some people I know and they don't follow the Kings as closely as they used to(some of my cousins, friends, etc.) but since I live around Chico I still see a lot of people in Kings gear. Also see some people in Warriors stuff though too and that feels weird. Anyway man, wherever I go usually where my Kings jacket.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

Goin through times like this makes it that much sweeter when they start winning again. BM52, I know you wouldn't jump ship!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Sadly, I like two teams. My hometown Kings, and the Hornets. I've loved the hornets since the beginning, with my favorite players being Zo, Bogues, Glen Rice, Baron Davis, and Jamal Mashburn. I started loving the kings when they got Rick and Vlade, so call me a bandwagon fan, but I will still like this team even if they move or get worse.

Ironically, Brad Miller and Vlade both played for the Hornets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
You won't catch me jumping ship. I mean I enjoy watching a team like the Suns but I won't become a fan, I'm a Kings fan(obviously). But yeah I know what you mean and that is a great post. I see some people I know and they don't follow the Kings as closely as they used to(some of my cousins, friends, etc.) but since I live around Chico I still see a lot of people in Kings gear. Also see some people in Warriors stuff though too and that feels weird. Anyway man, wherever I go usually where my Kings jacket.

Hey, I live in between Chico and Yuba City.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

I wouldn't consider you a bandwagon fan because they still weren't a great team at that point. I'm talking about the guys that jumped on during the WCF against the Lakers. You liked the Kings when we had Tyrone Corbin and Nick Anderson, lol that was the beginning of it all.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

BTW, Targus....You need to bring your ass back here and suffer with the rest of us damn it!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:02 AM   #7
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
I wouldn't consider you a bandwagon fan because they still weren't a great team at that point. I'm talking about the guys that jumped on during the WCF against the Lakers. You liked the Kings when we had Tyrone Corbin and Nick Anderson, lol that was the beginning of it all.
Tony Delk, and Jon Barry (my favorite bench mob guy), as well as Derrick Martin, Nick Anderson, Corliss on his first tour, J-Will, a young Peja, etc. I liked where the team was going, and they drafted well and made smart moves, bringing in Jackson from the wolves and at the time, the Bibby move really helped that team. I remember when they traded for Christie, and I wasn't happy. Turns out Doug was one of my favorite kings.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:14 AM   #8
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

I'm a Knicks fan now.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
Miles and Miles
High School Varsity 12th Man

Being a Kings fan I just can't hope they lose. I know it would be better for the team and all but I can't sit there and go "hey we are losing by 20 great!!!" like many on this board want to do. Being a fan for me is hoping they win every game. During last nights game all the talk of Spud Webb maybe me remember how bad they used to be and how each year by this time there was NO hope of doing anything and just waiting around to see if they would draft a superstar (which they never did). At least it isn't that bad. I am one of the people that hopes they make that last playoff spot somehow. I know I will get the comment back "so they can get eliminated in the first round?" But I don't care at least they have a shot then. Go Kings.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
I'm a Knicks fan now.
I really like Curry and Lee. Frye has impressed me against the kings. We need young talent that can hustle and has no ego like Lee, and a big man like Shaq that can just push guys around in the post like Curry, and Frye was just on fire. He's a 6'11 F with a shot, and if he develops a post game, he could be a young KG type player.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
Being a Kings fan I just can't hope they lose.

Can't hate you for that, even though I want them to lose it still makes me sick when they lose.

Quote:
I'm a Knicks fan now

Since my glasses are broken I'll pretend that reads "Kings" it starts with a K and ends with an S. :
Old 01-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
Being a Kings fan I just can't hope they lose. I know it would be better for the team and all but I can't sit there and go "hey we are losing by 20 great!!!" like many on this board want to do. Being a fan for me is hoping they win every game. During last nights game all the talk of Spud Webb maybe me remember how bad they used to be and how each year by this time there was NO hope of doing anything and just waiting around to see if they would draft a superstar (which they never did). At least it isn't that bad. I am one of the people that hopes they make that last playoff spot somehow. I know I will get the comment back "so they can get eliminated in the first round?" But I don't care at least they have a shot then. Go Kings.

The difference between then and now is that we have assets to really get some good young players. We have a really good GM. We have owners that will spend the money. We have guys(Bibby/Artest) who have value. Heck man, you don't even have to root against them now but what I just do is I don't get upset when we lose. I don't get upset if we're down by 20(unless it's to the Lakers, then I'll be pissed ). Still I'd rather see a young team out there hustling. I'd rather see us draft a superstar(which we can in this draft, it's a once every 5 years type of opportunity) and then get some cap room.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #13
Miles and Miles
High School Varsity 12th Man

I still get upset when they lose (I'm not violent or anything) so I have been upset a lot lately.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: