Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Struggling with Depression

I think a big part of depression is a combination of the feeling of lazyness, not knowing who you are, your place in the world, not having direction, and feeling like you cannot exert influence on reality.

I believe depression is normal and a large number of highly successfull people are depressed, ranging from mildly to extremely depressed. But since they have direction and a routine, they are able to get through it. Thats why also you will hear about succefull people killing themselves randomly.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #47
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnC_VsEcFiM

skip to 6:30
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #48
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
You are hating them only because they are right... suicide is an act from either a weak minded or a mentally challenged person, its a permanent solution to a temporary problem, a problem which in most cases is just outright laughable compared to what a real problem in life is...

Any human who does suicide is just outright disrespectful especially in my point of view unless the problem was a real problem... i dont know if you know this, but i am from Bosnia and if i ever told you what i and my family, friends, relatives had to go through and what i have seen with my own eyes right infront of me... let me just tell you, you dont know what a real god damn problem is, you dont, you have never faced a problem with a capital P... talk about life partypooping your plans for your future huh???? Those weak persons that contemplate suicide probably desperately NEED this reality check, if you lived thru that then im sure you wont contemplate suicide with reasons later such as "my wife divorced me and took my kids, i cant live without her, i also lost my job, boohoo"... To hell with that! You lived thru dodging bullets running to the grocery store, seeing corpse, seeing brains splattered allover your porch, seeing your relative die, seeing your house burn down, being hostage, "sleeping" with explosions in the background and many other fancy things......

After all that you want suicide? For some other "problem" basically even the most spoiled princess ever can face........ sorry, but eff yourself... The only real problems you have seen is on TV.... (not directing all this to you J-Money, but you know, to anybody who thinks suicide can be a good choice with these normal obligatory problems every human has faced or will face in a typical normal life)

BUMP so everyone has a Clear IDEA Of. WHAT. NOT. TO. DO.

THe last thing to say to a clinically depressed fellow is suck it up, MAN UP, and then share YOUR PERSONAL ANECDOTE like it's some kind of divine truth.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #49
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
BUMP so everyone has a Clear IDEA Of. WHAT. NOT. TO. DO.

THe last thing to say to a clinically depressed fellow is suck it up, MAN UP, and then share YOUR PERSONAL ANECDOTE like it's some kind of divine truth.
People who contemplate suicide are genetically inferior. Plain and simple. Life isn't fair and the strongest survive. I will NEVER feel for someone going through depression. Just like I NEVER want people to feel pity for me in any situation. People like the OP(and probably yourself) are what I like to call "attention whores" putting their insignificant problems on other people for their own selfish satisfaction. **** you clown. Pauk is right. All these people complaining about their so called problems should just go ahead and kill themselves. Like I said, strongest survive, life isn't fair, can't deal with that? Out yourself. Would actually be the most logical and unselfish thing to do instead of being a burden on everyone else and dragging them down with you.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #50
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
People who contemplate suicide are genetically inferior. Plain and simple. Life isn't fair and the strongest survive. I will NEVER feel for someone going through depression. Just like I NEVER want people to feel pity for me in any situation. People like the OP(and probably yourself) are what I like to call "attention whores" putting their insignificant problems on other people for their own selfish satisfaction. **** you clown. Pauk is right. All these people complaining about their so called problems should just go ahead and kill themselves. Like I said, strongest survive, life isn't fair, can't deal with that? Out yourself. Would actually be the most logical and unselfish thing to do instead of being a burden on everyone else and dragging them down with you.

Cocky little boy at the peak of his confidence getting years showing no empathy to those he can't understand. Classic.

Born in a nice country with cable TV and internet and parents in some place in America? Congratuphuckinglations kid, you're ahead of the curve in the OVarian game and now you're trying to play some kind of Social Darwinist angle as if you Your ilk disgusts me to my very core. Many people (esp. women) need to vent and moan as a form of therapy. Who is your azz to deny them the freedom of speech. Now tell me what you've accomplished since then. I'm listening.

I've probably vented to others less times than you've gotten laid you inconsiderate little punk. Stoicness has been my M.O even as an infant. But it is not weak or inferior to show concern or motivation for those who have less. Especially if there are reasons for why someone's feeling a bit under the weather. INexplicable tragic reasons...

Your complete inability to comprehend others' natures baffles me you imbecilic narcisstic sack of sh!t. Are you self aware at how stupid you are? Are you self aware that there are conditions out there and variables out there that you have not even touched or you can not even understand that could crush whatever confidence you got going for you in a heartbeat? You remind me of starface. A complete f*cking loser to his core who absolutely needs to act ruthless to people only a slight caliber below him to justify his puny existence. In his late 20s and impossibly mediocre. God forbid you ever grew up in the hood or Little Italy. Your myopia and arrogance would've had you eliminated by superiors a long time ago.

You won't last long when it comes to friendships and relationships. And by golly worthless little twats like yourself will never be remembered or honored. I wish you luck on trying to be the best, but you're facing someone who's ahell of a lot better than you in just about any department. You'll fall into the dust and hopefully that will bring forth an attitude adjustment real quick.

I'm on the boat of Strength + Kindness (Compassion). And sometimes listening to someone may be just the cure to keep them livin'. Or making them feel valued when they're at their lowest. And most people who value civilization are with me.

BDreason has likely accumulated more $$$ than you ever will in your entire life. Yet depression hit him out of the blue. Does that scream genetic inferiorness to you?

You go on and fight to be genetically superior and enact your cute little Eugenics Scheme. I know your type and kind. You retaliate against Liberals (not a bad thing persay) and listen to Joe Rogan and are huge self improvement aficionados. But you're also quick to back down. No matter how invincible you are, there's always someone who would wreck you.. people levels above you. You better step up boy. You're trailing behind big time. And looking up to little boys like Westcrook aren't the way to go either.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 01-24-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #51
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

J$ realest n*gga on insidehoops.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #52
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Cocky little boy at the peak of his confidence getting years showing no empathy to those he can't understand. Classic.

Born in a nice country with cable TV and internet and parents in some place in America? Congratuphuckinglations kid, you're ahead of the curve in the OVarian game and now you're trying to play some kind of Social Darwinist angle as if you Your ilk disgusts me to my very core. Many people (esp. women) need to vent and moan as a form of therapy. Who is your azz to deny them the freedom of speech. Now tell me what you've accomplished since then. I'm listening.

I've probably vented to others less times than you've gotten laid you inconsiderate little punk. Stoicness has been my M.O even as an infant. But it is not weak or inferior to show concern or motivation for those who have less. Especially if there are reasons for why someone's feeling a bit under the weather. INexplicable tragic reasons...

Your complete inability to comprehend others' natures baffles me you imbecilic narcisstic sack of sh!t. Are you self aware at how stupid you are? Are you self aware that there are conditions out there and variables out there that you have not even touched or you can not even understand that could crush whatever confidence you got going for you in a heartbeat? You remind me of starface. A complete f*cking loser to his core who absolutely needs to act ruthless to people only a slight caliber below him to justify his puny existence. In his late 20s and impossibly mediocre. God forbid you ever grew up in the hood or Little Italy. Your myopia and arrogance would've had you eliminated by superiors a long time ago.

You won't last long when it comes to friendships and relationships. And by golly worthless little twats like yourself will never be remembered or honored. I wish you luck on trying to be the best, but you're facing someone who's ahell of a lot better than you in just about any department. You'll fall into the dust and hopefully that will bring forth an attitude adjustment real quick.

I'm on the boat of Strength + Kindness (Compassion). And sometimes listening to someone may be just the cure to keep them livin'. Or making them feel valued when they're at their lowest. And most people who value civilization are with me.

BDreason has likely accumulated more $$$ than you ever will in your entire life. Yet depression hit him out of the blue. Does that scream genetic inferiorness to you?

You go on and fight to be genetically superior and enact your cute little Eugenics Scheme. I know your type and kind. You retaliate against Liberals (not a bad thing persay) and listen to Joe Rogan and are huge self improvement aficionados. But you're also quick to back down. No matter how invincible you are, there's always someone who would wreck you.. people levels above you. You better step up boy. You're trailing behind big time. And looking up to little boys like Westcrook aren't the way to go either.
Skimmed through this essay, there was some good, but mostly bad.

Any idiot can point out the fact that I'm being an inconsiderate prick who simply can't comprehend how others feel. I mean after all, If people who get depressed is in their DNA, then they can't really help it. If you're so smart, why don't you realize this is an internet forum(one of the more silly ones) where posts are exaggerated for comedic purposes. Instead of you "comprehending" that, you go on a rant trying miserably to get the better of me in order to gain approval from other posters.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #53
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Any idiot can point out the fact that I'm being an inconsiderate prick who simply can't comprehend how others feel. I mean after all, If people who get depressed is in their DNA, then they can't really help it. If you're so smart, why don't you realize this is an internet forum(one of the more silly ones) where posts are exaggerated for comedic purposes. Instead of you "comprehending" that, you go on a rant trying miserably to get the better of me in order to gain approval from other posters.
So you were exxagerating (trolling) and you expect what? For people to laugh at your posts? Give the image that you are a badass? I honestly want to know.

@ OP: I honestly don't know what to tell you as I feel the same way, but working out is like the only thing that makes me not feel bad about myself 24/7
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #54
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:

:

Like I said you have literally no clue into the mental framework of others around you. This is why you CAN NOT understand and are in NO POSITION to judge whether a clinically depressed person is "genetically inferior." Thoguhts are a crazy complex thing. You're painfully oblivious, and mark my words right here right now, the fact that you are a selfish little cvnt and a real piece of work means...

a)You will never bond with a quality woman on a deep level.
b)You will never have a true loyal friend in your life.
c)You will never be honored or revered by your kids.

Remember that. Remember it was I who told you you disgusting abomination. Unless you get out of your little hole and start showing a will to broaden your horizons. And yes that means interacting with weak people.

You're F.U.C.K.I.N.G 21 years old little boy and you still don't get the message. Approval and smart ? Which part of your azz did you pull that sh!t from? Is this how you respond when a guy challenges you? Stop showing off to the crowd you big meanie ! You're not that smart !

God you are a facade of strength unlike any other I've met.

My intentions were to get you to take a good long look at the mirror and question whether or not you're a real man and worthy of wielding the "superiority" sword. You've got to earn that "i'm better than you" title and sonnie, you've done a piss-poor job thus far.

A real superior man has brains, balls, and a heart.

You're missing at least two of the above.. perhaps 3.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #55
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
:

Like I said you have literally no clue into the mental framework of others around you. This is why you CAN NOT understand and are in NO POSITION to judge whether a clinically depressed person is "genetically inferior." Thoguhts are a crazy complex thing. You're painfully oblivious, and mark my words right here right now, the fact that you are a selfish little cvnt and a real piece of work means...

a)You will never bond with a quality woman on a deep level.
b)You will never have a true loyal friend in your life.
c)You will never be honored or revered by your kids.

Remember that. Remember it was I who told you you disgusting abomination. Unless you get out of your little hole and start showing a will to broaden your horizons. And yes that means interacting with weak people.

You're F.U.C.K.I.N.G 21 years old little boy and you still don't get the message. Approval and smart ? Which part of your azz did you pull that sh!t from? Is this how you respond when a guy challenges you? Stop showing off to the crowd you big meanie ! You're not that smart !

God you are a facade of strength unlike any other I've met.

My intentions were to get you to take a good long look at the mirror and question whether or not you're a real man and worthy of wielding the "superiority" sword. You've got to earn that "i'm better than you" title and sonnie, you've done a piss-poor job thus far.

A real superior man has brains, balls, and a heart.

You're missing at least two of the above.. perhaps 3.

Jesus Christ dude

MY POST WAS NOT SERIOUS, I knew it would provoke some entertainment.

Your posts are really making me cringe man, they really are. The irony is hilarious. Telling me I can't comprehend the mental framework of others when I JUST ADMITTED I WAS TROLLING IN MY PREVIOUS POST

The guy who replied to me first understood the context of my last post perfectly fine, but you, go on ANOTHER rant beating a dead horse.

Last edited by Budadiiii : 01-24-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #56
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

To the OP. Read a book called "Born to Run". Easy, fast read. Then get into barefoot long distance running(or wear those Vibram 5-finger shoes if you want to). Dead f*cking serious, it will cure you. And start drinking a massive green smoothie/shake in the morning that consists of fresh fruits and vegetables, maybe a little olive oil and greek yogurt in it if you want. You will learn to control and balance the chemicals in your brain/body(dopamine, endorphins, serotonin, cortisol, inflammation, etc.) through natural means, exercise and food. The goal setting ability/inner peace/mental fortitude that you will gain from battling and destroying that little voice in your head that tells you to stop every day that you run all those miles will do wonders for you. Feeling the Earth with your bare feet will give you a feeling of "connectedness" to the Earth/everything that you direly need, somewhat alleviating your sense of isolation in some weird, "mother Earth", electrically charged way.

I've seen this method heal people.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #57
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
So you were exxagerating (trolling) and you expect what? For people to laugh at your posts? Give the image that you are a badass? I honestly want to know.
To get responses from delusional idiots(JEFFERSON MONEY) for entertainment purposes. This forum is a joke and it's fun to see idiots take words from anonymous people on the internet serious.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #58
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
I think a big part of depression is a combination of the feeling of lazyness, not knowing who you are, your place in the world, not having direction, and feeling like you cannot exert influence on reality.

I believe depression is normal and a large number of highly successfull people are depressed, ranging from mildly to extremely depressed. But since they have direction and a routine, they are able to get through it. Thats why also you will hear about succefull people killing themselves randomly.
This.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #59
Theoo
Do not judge this forum on my ridiculous troll typing. I am here to amuse you

Theoo has an incredible reputation hereTheoo has an incredible reputation hereTheoo has an incredible reputation hereTheoo has an incredible reputation hereTheoo has an incredible reputation hereTheoo has an incredible reputation hereTheoo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho

men i hate leaks but these will make you feel btter!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb0OyOOp8lU
Theoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #60
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Jesus Christ dude

MY POST WAS NOT SERIOUS, I knew it would provoke some entertainment.

Your posts are really making me cringe man, they really are. The irony is hilarious. Telling me I can't comprehend the mental framework of others when I JUST ADMITTED I WAS TROLLING IN MY PREVIOUS POST

The guy who replied to me first understood the context of my last post perfectly fine, but you, go on ANOTHER rant beating a dead horse.

Looks like J$ was spot o nwhen he said you are quick to back down
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: