Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #76
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Struggling with Depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
True, but what relevance does that hold? Just because you are able to drink a glass of water from your sink doesn't mean you are wrong for being distraught over things that go awry in your life.

My point is that just because person A's life is less shitty than person B's life doesn't mean that person A's life can't still be shitty and worth being depressed over.
You're not wrong, and your life can be every bit as shitty as you'd like as long as your attitude permits.

Just keep things in perspective.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #77
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm usually depressed when I think too much about life, such as where I'm at financially, social status-wise, if I've met the normal life stage for people my age.

I realized the less I think, the more I live equals the less depress I am.

I think depression is different for everybody, luckily for me, mine is mostly socially related so it's not as serious as depression that's triggered by mental problems.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #78
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I'm usually depressed when I think too much about life, such as where I'm at financially, social status-wise, if I've met the normal life stage for people my age.

I realized the less I think, the more I live equals the less depress I am.

I think depression is different for everybody, luckily for me, mine is mostly socially related so it's not as serious as depression that's triggered by mental problems.

This explains why theist successful people are often men of action with slightly above avg uqs who self reflect but don't introspect about perpetually ambiguous issue.

No wonder dogs ate so damn happy. They're in the moment like sru key aid. Entire awareness is on the present stimuli, just like when you're in da zone in n ball, nothing matters body and environment are one
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #79
BuffaloBill
Zero Dimes

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is it normal to have never been depressed in my entire life? Does that mean I'll get double the depression later in life?
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #80
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Is it normal to have never been depressed in my entire life? Does that mean I'll get double the depression later in life?
It's easy to not be depressed when you are a socially awkward fakkit with no social life.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #81
BuffaloBill
Zero Dimes

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryWest
It's easy to not be depressed when you are a socially awkward fakkit with no social life.

Lol good for you. I wouldn't know about that.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #82
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Lol good for you. I wouldn't know about that.
Says the loser with a megaman avatar!
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #83
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I think its normal. I dont recall being depressed myself but im only 21, still live at home with my parents and have a good group of friends i can always call and chill with. Right now i only have to worry about finishing university and maybe apply for a master`s degree.

Once i move out, have tons of bills to pay, work full time and dont see my friends/ dont party as often maybe things will change. But i will always have Jesus to turn to so i dont worry too much
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #84
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
I think its normal. I dont recall being depressed myself but im only 21, still live at home with my parents and have a good group of friends i can always call and chill with. Right now i only have to worry about finishing university and maybe apply for a master`s degree.

Once i move out, have tons of bills to pay, work full time and dont see my friends/ dont party as often maybe things will change. But i will always have Jesus to turn to so i dont worry too much

JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #85
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21

Once i move out, have tons of bills to pay, work full time and dont see my friends/ dont party as often maybe things will change.

That basically sums me up also.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #86
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

life is a hard pill to swallow
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #87
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I've never been depressed. My mom thought I was and made me go to a psychiatrist and he tried to give me pills even though I told him I was fine.

He was like you don't seem very happy to me, I was like that's cause I have to talk to your dumbass, I'm missin DBZ
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #88
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

to the op

I never been depressed but I have found myself in the center of what seems to be hopelessness a couple of times...i think you can beat it if you start setting some minor goals for yourself. reach those those goals and it will help you get the taste success (& life) back... If you can embrace the uncertainty as a new place that needs to be conquered? you can build something good for yourself out of that void.

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #89
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Honestly, I reckon that a solid minority of ISH is depressed. If you have an internet "routine", you are actually in a rut. I am tired of spending 2+ hours a day on the computer or watching netflix. There is no call for it.

Get a guitar and learn to play, get some free weights and work out a little bit, go to a freaking coffee shop and talk to random strangers for goodness sakes... but online is brain dead time and it just digs you into a deeper hole.

Really, I wonder what I would do just unplugging my computer...

I will see yall in a week maybe, after a brief experiment.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #90
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Honestly, I reckon that a solid minority of ISH is depressed. If you have an internet "routine", you are actually in a rut. I am tired of spending 2+ hours a day on the computer or watching netflix. There is no call for it.

Get a guitar and learn to play, get some free weights and work out a little bit, go to a freaking coffee shop and talk to random strangers for goodness sakes... but online is brain dead time and it just digs you into a deeper hole.

Really, I wonder what I would do just unplugging my computer...

I will see yall in a week maybe, after a brief experiment.

Speaking for random strangers, don't do that, we don't want to talk.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: