Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
Milton
I airball my layups

Milton has not been impressing people
Default Re: The Case for Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I don't know because I don't really give a shit but don't countries/states with tighter gun control have less gun violence?
Well you should trillions of dollars and thousands of lives have been spent on them.

Depends on what you mean, Switzerland and the Czech Republic have little gun control. Places with lots of gun control include Mexico.

Guns are just tools they don't magically induce an urge to shot someone, same way I don't feel like stabbing someone when I hold a kitchen knife. So places with less crime unsurprisingly have less gun crime as well.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I don't know because I don't really give a shit but don't countries/states with tighter gun control have less gun violence?

Not sure if this is true or false but none of the states where you're legally allowed to carry a gun saw an increase in violence when it was legalized.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton
I hear this a lot, no one has ever explained how it will work though, I'll believe gun control works when marijuana control starts working.
Why don't you just start believing gun control will work when it already works just fine in Canada?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #19
Milton
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Why don't you just start believing gun control will work when it already works just fine in Canada?
Because it doesn't work, you think all you need to do to keep things away from people is outlaw them? Well why don't we outlaw all the bad things like meth alcohol and cocaine I'm sure that will work out well.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajadeed
Exactly why you can't have honest dialogue about gun control. Dumbass rednecks like that who don't even know what the 2nd amendment was about.

If that jackass cop had a gun on him he could have pulled a Zimmerman

What, killed a suspicious person? But no one would give a **** about it because the person killed wouldn't be black. Not saying that cop isn't a complete moron, just saying that you are.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Because it doesn't work, you think all you need to do to keep things away from people is outlaw them? Well why don't we outlaw all the bad things like meth alcohol and cocaine I'm sure that will work out well.

For numerous reasons. First guns aren't 'outlawed' in Canada, dipshit. Secondly, the gun control measures in place work very well, as evidenced by the lack of gun violence. Way to spit in the face of reality, kiddo.

As for the guy in the OP, I lived in Calgary for 10 years and have never felt uncomfortable anywhere. There are a couple places that you probably don't want to go at night but aren't absolute do not fly zones where you are going to get hurt/killed like most American cities of similar size. So to say that he was completely blowing the situation out of proportion would be an understatement.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
Milton
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

For numerous reasons. First guns aren't 'outlawed' in Canada, dipshit. Secondly, the gun control measures in place work very well, as evidenced by the lack of gun violence. Way to spit in the face of reality, kiddo.

As for the guy in the OP, I lived in Calgary for 10 years and have never felt uncomfortable anywhere. There are a couple places that you probably don't want to go at night but aren't absolute do not fly zones where you are going to get hurt/killed like most American cities of similar size. So to say that he was completely blowing the situation out of proportion would be an understatement.

First I live in Canada and have my entire life, second last time I was in Calgary a couple people got shot in a drive by down the street from where I was staying.

You should review the thread I already went over this of course Canada has less gun violence it has less violence. Guns aren't magic they don't create an urge to commit crime they are just tools.

Now how is gun control supposed to restrict access to these tools? The government has been a spectacular failure at restricting access to things see prohibition and the drug war for examples.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #23
dajadeed
High School Starter

dajadeed has decent reputationdajadeed has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
What, killed a suspicious person? But no one would give a **** about it because the person killed wouldn't be black. Not saying that cop isn't a complete moron, just saying that you are.

Yeah, white people have it hard

****ing ignorant idiots against stricter gun laws are usually racists like this piece of shit above.
dajadeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #24
Milton
I airball my layups

Quote:
Yeah, white people have it hard

****ing ignorant idiots against stricter gun laws are usually racists like this piece of shit above.

Oh really? Know the history of gun control in America?

"Before the American Civil War ended, state slave codes prohibited slaves from owning guns. After slavery in the U.S. was abolished, states persisted in prohibiting Black people from owning guns under laws renamed Black Codes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_con..._United_States

It's harder to lynch people who can shoot you.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
dajadeed
High School Starter

Quote:
Oh really? Know the history of gun control in America?

"Before the American Civil War ended, state slave codes prohibited slaves from owning guns. After slavery in the U.S. was abolished, states persisted in prohibiting Black people from owning guns under laws renamed Black Codes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_con..._United_States

It's harder to lynch people who can shoot you.

No shit.

Now, do you know what the 2nd amendment was for? Do you realize that it is actually irrelevant in today's society? Do you think a "well regulated militia" can stop the government from anything in the times we live in?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #26
Milton
I airball my layups

Quote:
No shit.

Now, do you know what the 2nd amendment was for? Do you realize that it is actually irrelevant in today's society? Do you think a "well regulated militia" can stop the government from anything in the times we live in?

It most definitely can,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerril...illa_conflicts
Old 08-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #27
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
No shit.

a well regulated militia at the cost of 10,000 lives per year to propagate gun culture.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #28
dajadeed
High School Starter

Quote:

You do realize the constitution of the United Stated of America only applies to the United States of America, right?

Look at our military today and rethink what I just asked you above.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #29
dajadeed
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
a well regulated militia at the cost of 10,000 lives per year to propagate gun culture.

The whole gun culture here in the US is ignorant and dangerous. And it's based on a clearly outdated and misinterpreted amendment anyways.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #30
Milton
I airball my layups

Quote:
You do realize the constitution of the United Stated of America only applies to the United States of America, right?

Look at our military today and rethink what I just asked you above.
You're arguing people can't resist there governments, I don't see why you feel one country is exceptional.

But since you brought it up, the Vietnamese and Afghan's seem to disagree with you. You expect me to believe that the most heavily armed population on the planet has no chance of success against something that has spent 10 years failing to defeat a much smaller amount of extremely poor people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

Right because people would stop murdering each other if all the guns went away.

Last edited by Milton : 08-14-2012 at 10:15 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: