Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #76
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Case for Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton
How hard do you think it is to get drugs? Did you go to high school?

Do you know it's harder for minors to get Alcohol than Marijuana? Why do you think that is?

Also why do countries with more liberal drug laws not have much higher usage rates?

Everyone who wants to do drugs already is.

" However, the finding that marijuana use rates did not differ across countries is not consistent with the contention that prohibition-oriented policies deter use or that liberal marijuana policies are associated with elevated adolescent use. "
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2790541/

You can get guns over the internet without ever talking to someone.

Or in a lot of places you can just go talk to someone on a street corner.

- Alcohol was way easier for people to get than weed at my school.

- Everybody who wants to do drugs already does? Not true. I would like to smoke a bit of marijuana, but I don't do it because of drug tests at work. If it became legal and didn't effect my job, then I would smoke it. I know I'm not the only one as well. Additionally, if people could smoke it out in the open like they can cigarettes, they would likely smoke it more often rather than just at home or parties.

- People can buy guns over the internet. But teens would need a credit or debit card from their parents first in order to buy online. Additionally, some of the kids would not want their parents to discover what arrived in the mail.

- The socially awkward kids that want to shoot up a place may not be willing to go talk to people on the street corner, and you won't find people on the street corner selling illegal shit in places outside of big cities.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #77
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
You're comparing getting a little weed to getting an illegal rifle? What the fvck? Suburban kids dont sell guns. They never have and never will. All these 'massacres' that occur happen in areas where that type of illegal activity isnt present.

Selling Weed
Selling pills/coke

Selling guns

Selling uranium

Thats the differences in severity. People that sell illegal guns are in a whole different league. It's like comparing pop warner to the nfl

I'm starting to think that Milton guy is just trolling.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #78
Milton
I airball my layups

Milton has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
- Alcohol was way easier for people to get than weed at my school.

- Everybody who wants to do drugs already does? Not true. I would like to smoke a bit of marijuana, but I don't do it because of drug tests at work. If it became legal and didn't effect my job, then I would smoke it. I know I'm not the only one as well. Additionally, if people could smoke it out in the open like they can cigarettes, they would likely smoke it more often rather than just at home or parties.

- People can buy guns over the internet. But teens would need a credit or debit card from their parents first in order to buy online. Additionally, some of the kids would not want their parents to discover what arrived in the mail.

- The socially awkward kids that want to shoot up a place may not be willing to go talk to people on the street corner, and you won't find people on the street corner selling illegal shit in places outside of big cities.
Credit card? no lol where are you getting this illegal arms dealers don't want credit cards.

I'm sorry but you're wrong you're just looking at your personal (rather odd) experiences , see the study.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #79
Milton
I airball my layups

Milton has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
You're comparing getting a little weed to getting an illegal rifle? What the fvck? Suburban kids dont sell guns. They never have and never will. All these 'massacres' that occur happen in areas where that type of illegal activity isnt present.

Selling Weed
Selling pills/coke

Selling guns

Selling uranium

Thats the differences in severity. People that sell illegal guns are in a whole different league. It's like comparing pop warner to the nfl

So how is one different over and over I've been asking how the government can restrict access to something where it has failed completely at restricting access to everything else.

I've posted studies, shown examples, like Mexico where gun control is failing and you guys just ignore them.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #80
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton
So how is one different over and over I've been asking how the government can restrict access to something where it has failed completely at restricting access to everything else.

I've posted studies, shown examples, like Mexico where gun control is failing and you guys just ignore them.

Do the US compare itself to Mexico?

The majority of the western world have less gun violence than the US and the majority of those countries have gun control.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #81
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajadeed
What part of better regulation don't you understand?
Any of it.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #82
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm starting to think that Milton guy is just trolling.
It's pretty obvious at this point, for sure.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #83
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
It's pretty obvious at this point, for sure.

what annoys me is that it is too easy to troll. you only have to go on to a website that disagrees with a topic and copy and paste. you can waste your time responding until they either change the topic or they just stop replying (if they can't find content to counter your reply).
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #84
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
No shit.

Now, do you know what the 2nd amendment was for? Do you realize that it is actually irrelevant in today's society? Do you think a "well regulated militia" can stop the government from anything in the times we live in?
Sure it can. Plus, why would the principle of the 2nd amendment change just because the military now has more powerful weapons? What sense does that make?
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #85
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
How many times has someone with a gun stopped a disaster from occurring?

And how much weapons and ammo do you need to defend yourself? What are you defending yourself from? An invasion?

The automatic weapons, the assault rifles, the thousands and thousands of ammo. That's overboard.

I'd be willing to bet that in most cases where a person is in danger a can of pepper spray or a tazer would be much more effective than a gun.

This isn't the old west where everyone needs a pistol on them at all times. That would just lead to more disasters. Imagine if 4 people were packing in a crowded movie theater and a smoke bomb went off and everyone started shooting...
People are already allowed to carry guns all over the place, and nothing like that has ever happened.
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: