Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Will We Ever Detox?

Im begining to think not, I would love to hear that and "The Planets" (props if u know what this is before u go google it). But from what 50 says it doesnt look like we will ever get to "Detox".

Quote:
50 Cent, who is to guest on the album, told Digital Spy: "You know what, I don't know exactly if you'll hear the full body of work - the full body of Detox.

"I heard some pieces that are really exciting in the studio. I think that Dre has too much time on his hands! They allow him to fall in love and then fall out of love with the music before he actually releases it."

He added: "He'll make it, and then I'll come in the studio and be like, 'This is crazy, why haven't you put this out?' and he'll be sitting there and be like, 'I should have put that out'.

"Yeah! And you knew it - when you first made it you knew it was supposed to go out, but it's sat there so long that you're going, 'Oh, I don't know, I don't feel the same way about it'.

"But nothing is going to sustain your feelings about it forever. It's an interesting scenario, but with the success of Beats headsets, I don't think they're hard-pressed for Dre's album to sell."

Comparing his own SMS headphones to Dre's Beats and other products on the market, 50 Cent said: "I just took the time to make sure that the things I wanted out of the actual headset was within this actual product.

"To me, it was important that I would be able to develop headsets that were durable. I also wanted to make sure that the sound quality was set for music... I'm excited about it. I'm proud of this product."

Maybe we will have to resort to a beats boycott?

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/inte...x-in-full.html
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Will We Ever Detox?

No one cares anymore.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
No one cares anymore.

Quite exactly me own thoughts, mate.

Twas obvious 4 years ago this bloke werent gonna ever put this album out. Cant believe anyones even bringin it up at this point. Its beyond old news mates. Had too much hype to begin with, thats probably why the good Dr never thought it was ready to be released. The era that produced his first two albums is simply over, mates.

What we oughtta do is just start the cycle fresh. Have musicians today play the same music me and my mates were doin in the 60s, and just evolve through each successive genre all over again but with new artists! What a bloody splendid idear that would be, eh mates?
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No one cares?

Give Detox a release date and about half of the men from ages of 10-30 will be salivating.

The f*cked up thing is that all of the songs that have been released since 2003 from Dre could have made a damn near flawless album.

He probably has over a 1000 songs saved up for this album and he's scared to release the shit.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
No one cares?

Give Detox a release date and about half of the men from ages of 10-30 will be salivating.
I was like 5+ years ago, no one will be salivating anymore homie.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I was like 5+ years ago, no one will be salivating anymore homie.
I know I will. His albums are so timeless, I would probably stop what ever I was doing at the moment just to hear the leaked version.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
I know I will. His albums are so timeless, I would probably stop what ever I was doing at the moment just to hear the leaked version.
Dre's buzz died down once again.

When he announced this, he was doin thangs with the new man in hip-hop Eminem. The release date he announced was in 2003-2004 and he had the other hot man in hip-hop, Fiddy Cents. That6 was the perfect time to release an album

We're waiting and waiting and waiting.

He needs to do it now with him being somewhat back in the spotlight with Kendrick Lamar. If not now, or sometime next year just burn those master tapes.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Lauryn Hill and D'Angelo will release albums before we get Detox
Old 08-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Dre is playing the whole industry. Why release an album? So everyone can play it out in a month? So everyone can download it in a month and be thirsty for the next trend?

Seems to me, that the smartest way to release music these days is track by track, with a month or two in between tracks. Keep people interested in "omg when is the album going to pop", and they will listen to every single you release in anticipation.

Dre playing the whole industry IMO.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DETOX JUST TO RETOX
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

forget about dre
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I think Dre is playing the whole industry. Why release an album? So everyone can play it out in a month? So everyone can download it in a month and be thirsty for the next trend?

Seems to me, that the smartest way to release music these days is track by track, with a month or two in between tracks. Keep people interested in "omg when is the album going to pop", and they will listen to every single you release in anticipation.

Dre playing the whole industry IMO.
He's playin himself actually.

This isn't the 60s through the 80s, singles don't sell anymore.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

that emo ass "I need a Doctor" song told me all I need to know.

He's a victim of his own brain. Dre is 1 sad rich panda.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: