Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
statman32
NBA Legend

Default Outrageous Injustice

This article just shows whats wrong with the court system and some prosecuters....It was a very interesting article

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...ry?page=wilson
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:02 AM   #2
Lakers
I hit open 5-footers

Georgia has some screwed up laws on the books that's for sure. Some would like to see this as a race issue but GA has convicted tons of people, black and white, for stupid "sodomy" laws. I am not sure if it says it in the article, I didn't read the whole thing, but I believe Mark Cuban is trying to help this guy out.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

man thats some screwed up ****. im glad i dont live in georgia, id be in jail for life.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #4
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers
Georgia has some screwed up laws on the books that's for sure. Some would like to see this as a race issue but GA has convicted tons of people, black and white, for stupid "sodomy" laws. I am not sure if it says it in the article, I didn't read the whole thing, but I believe Mark Cuban is trying to help this guy out.

thats horrible then...f georgia

i think it will take alot more than cuban though

its good he is taking a interest in this though
Old 01-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #6
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Absolutely ****ing insane.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #7
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nothing not being black wouldnt cure. people under the age of 18 should not have sex anyway
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:24 AM   #8
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

That is depressing.

Who is the villian here? Is it Barker? Possibly; the villains are anyone who can overturn the sentence or reduce it to something small and who haven't done so. I just wonder why they don't do so. They lose nothing in doing so.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:24 AM   #9
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

That is depressing.

Who is the villian here? Is it Barker? Possibly; the villains are anyone who can overturn the sentence or reduce it to something small and who haven't done so. I just wonder why they don't do so. They lose nothing in doing so.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 AM   #10
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
nothing not being black wouldnt cure. people under the age of 18 should not have sex anyway

well he didnt actually have sex...he got blown

and in georgia that is a felony(sex is a misdemenor)

just ridiculous
Old 01-25-2007, 02:36 AM   #11
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
whos to say that people under the age of 18 shouldnt have sex? That sounds alot like you are putting your own moral standards into law. Thats not legitament. Also if you are gonna say someone under 18 shouldnt have sex(and this was oral anyway) then he was under 18 too so the girl should be in jail.(Obviously not the case). This is such bs. Im glad cuban has taken an interest. He doesnt have any judicial power or anything but if he stays committed to this, he can bring enough publicity and money to the situation that it could end up getting changed.

Im a white guy so i hope to god that the reason those judges voted against him wasnt because he was black. Im sorry but this is pure and utter bs. Hes not the first nor is he the last person that will get head from a sophmore. This has nothing to do with my beliefs about what is or isnt right sexually. My beliefs mean absolutely nothing here nor should anyone elses. I thought we were passed the days of having stories like this. I wonder if 30 years from now well have a movie about this and everyone will feel bad. Thats not what this guy needs. He needs this crap solved now and their are clearly people who can do it. Them choosing not to is something they will have to answer for.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:38 AM   #12
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19

Im a white guy so i hope to god that the reason those judges voted against him wasnt because he was black. Im sorry but this is pure and utter bs. Hes not the first nor is he the last person that will get head from a sophmore. This has nothing to do with my beliefs about what is or isnt right sexually. My beliefs mean absolutely nothing here nor should anyone elses. I thought we were passed the days of having stories like this. I wonder if 30 years from now well have a movie about this and everyone will feel bad. Thats not what this guy needs. He needs this crap solved now and their are clearly people who can do it. Them choosing not to is something they will have to answer for.

I agree about the judges and if I lived in Georgia...I would be in jail right now
Old 01-25-2007, 02:49 AM   #13
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I tried to get to ISH 3-4 times earlier to post this. Figured it was an old story that I just found out about not something thats just getting out.

****ed up story.

Cant he just be pardoned? How hard could it be?

Politicians never want to go out on a limb for anyone but ****.....this is just right and wrong. simple ****. No politics should be involved.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:52 AM   #14
raiderfan19
Shazam!

kblaze has a point here. Where is the georgia govenor? I would say where is the prez but I dont think he can pardon state crimes. Maybe its just because of where i grew up and who I grew up around but if you go to any small town in texas on a friday after the football game and find the party you could find 20+ guys who would be in jail if this law applied there.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:02 AM   #15
eboloid
Flash Gordo

Quote:
Barker is quick to point out that he offered Wilson a plea after he'd been found guilty -- the first time he has ever done that. Of course, the plea was the same five years he'd offered before the trial -- not taking into account the rape acquittal. Barker thinks five years is fair for receiving oral sex from a schoolmate.

Whoa. Barker is a huge dickhead.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: