Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #16
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: New Lupe Fiasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
It's crazy how much of his shit would go over my head without Rap Genius. Legendary lyricist.

first time i listened to this was on defsounds.... everyone was commenting and go crazy about it.

i listened to the first verse and had no idea what was happening. had to go on rap genius myself to figure it out.

good song lyrically, but this type of song isnt what im in to.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
I agree. What I did with this song actually was; I read the lyrics and checked everything out on rapgenius before I ever listened to it at all. That way I actually heard and understood most/everything I heard right away.

That doesn't seem like a very enjoyable way to listen to music.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

Quote:
What are you trying to say exactly? I'm not saying these are his best songs, but lyrically he's never been better.
i'll take FnL and the Cool era's Lupe over this new nwo obsessed techno dubstep music making *** erryday
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #19
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
If you appreciate lyricism, it's very enjoyable.

If you listen to rap for beats, Lupe is not the artist for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
i'll take FnL and the Cool era's Lupe over this new nwo obsessed techno dubstep music making *** erryday

True, but he's still just as deep as he was lyrically, though he's not trying as hard to be technical.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I listen to loads of different kinds of music, for me personally Lupe is 97% lyrics. I actually usually find his hooks pretty bad/boring but his verses are crazy and because of that I can really enjoy his music anyways. I just have a thing for words I guess, I can really enjoy poetry as well.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #21
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Like I said, I'm not saying it's the best music he's ever made, but lyrically he's better than ever.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
If you appreciate lyricism, it's very enjoyable.

If you listen to rap for beats, Lupe is not the artist for you.

There's no middle ground? Having no idea what a dude is talking about and having to sit down and analyze it is not for me.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #23
Rnbizzle
Banned

Quote:
There's no middle ground? Having no idea what a dude is talking about and having to sit down and analyze it is not for me.
Sure there is, I'd say.. J. Cole, Kid Cudi and Kanye would be somewhere in between.. They can rhyme but they're are not great lyricists.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
You don't have the same appreciation for a deep lyricist that I do. Not knocking you, just saying.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #25
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol if u had appreciation u wouldn't need them explained to u by white hipsters
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #26
Rnbizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
Right because you understand everything you see/read/hear immediately. (Well considering the music you like, that might actually be a fair assumption as there is so little thought put into it.) Why waste hours of your time trying to figure out what he's talking about if somebody else has already done it? Besides, sometimes I have different or extra interpretations to his lyrics along with, say, rapgenius'.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #27
ace23

Quote:
Not sure if you're retarded or trolling (probably both), but you need to find yourself a dictionary and look up the word appreciate.

Quote:
Right because you understand everything you see/read/hear immediately. (Well considering the music you like, that might actually be a fair assumption as there is so little thought put into it.) Why waste hours of your time trying to figure out what he's talking about if somebody else has already done it? Besides, sometimes I have different or extra interpretations to his lyrics along with, say, rapgenius'.

Exactly
Old 08-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #28
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
can he try a little bit harder though please? that would be great.

Al, you seriously need to leave that "i'm just into underground, unknown artists" sh!t.
Guys like Future, Lil B and most of the things that you hear will never be 1/1000 of what Lupe is in music.

But in terms of the thread subject i miss Lupe Fiasco's Kick Push, Sunshine, And He Gets the Girl, Switch type of music.
But, again, this is still very enjoyable .. i like this.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #29
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOq3qFO8c2M

This is probably the best song in terms of lyrics that i've ever heard, EVER.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not saying it's the best music he's ever made, but lyrically he's better than ever.

Idk. Touch the sky is still one of his best verses, and that song came out in like 2005. Plus Enemy of The State >>>>
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: