Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #31
General
High School Varsity 12th Man

General is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGeneral is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Team USA gets first win in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
I was reading their forums they were on suicide watch and I would bunkerball too with that shit line up we brought hope JK never uses it again.
Which forum? USA always bunkers against Mexico no matter what players they call up. It's a sign of fear and respect that USA has for Mexico. Also the only reason 60k people showed up was for the half time ceremony for the Olympic Gold winners, before that there were reports of poor ticket sales.
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #32
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
Which forum? USA always bunkers against Mexico no matter what players they call up. It's a sign of fear and respect that USA has for Mexico. Also the only reason 60k people showed up was for the half time ceremony for the Olympic Gold winners, before that there were reports of poor ticket sales.
I wouldn't say it's a sign of fear at all and it's more of a bunker/strong counter tactic and it's a good one although I think with any level of team they face they always focus on counter attacking. And is Tim human?
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Team USA gets first soccer win in Mexico

I'm out at dinner with the fam and this game is on. I thought US really had no shot, but I was still interested in watching it. Anyways, I've got a great view of the TV, and some mothafukca asks for them to change the channel to Yankees baseball...
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:03 AM   #34
Canelo_Griffin
I hit open layups

Canelo_Griffin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Funny how no one has mentioed that the hero of the game was a Mexican American from Southern California
Canelo_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #35
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
Mexico >>>>> America in soccer.

That's just a fact. All bullshit aside.

MEXICANOS PARA VIDA

That's not a fact. Before 2000 yes, last 10 years it's been pretty even. USA finished top of WC qualifying, beat Mexico in WC 2002, won a couple gold cups, Mexico has won one gold cup.

Since 2000:
CONCACAF Gold Cup Titles: USA - 3; mexico - 3
Overall victories: USA - 10; mexico - 5; draws - 3
WC Appearances: USA - 3; mexico - 3
R16 Appearances (The mexican specialty): USA - 2; Mexico - 3
World Cup Appearances: USA - 1; mexico 0 (Single biggest game in the history of the rivalry. Which USA won.)
Confedrations Cup Results USA - Second place, Third Place; Mexico-?

I take that back, since 2000, USA > Mexico.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 08-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #36
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
I wouldn't say it's a sign of fear at all and it's more of a bunker/strong counter tactic and it's a good one although I think with any level of team they face they always focus on counter attacking. And is Tim human?

Exactly. I guess the guy forgot that the air is 99% radioactive in Mexico city with a 100,000 ft elevation.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #37
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm out at dinner with the fam and this game is on. I thought US really had no shot, but I was still interested in watching it. Anyways, I've got a great view of the TV, and some mothafukca asks for them to change the channel to Yankees baseball...

Fight for yourself!
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #38
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation here

USA>Mexico.

Too easy. ut that goal Dos Santos scored against that, we need to avenge that by kicking Mexicos ass with a massive scoreline soon, oooo that was brutal. hate to admit it but right now-advantage mexico
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #39
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Sorry, I root for USA in EVERY sport, but when it comes to soccer I have to ride with Mexico. It's just the Mexican inside me.

Congrats
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #40
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
and that's even close to as glorious of a win as the one i posted lol? Are you blazed WC>GC

Not only that but that was our B-Squad. We just finished in the Confed Cup, they rested as well
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #41
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDnPIq3c0Vc
We still win when it matters
Best USA team ever assembled.
McBride, Mathis when he was still good, Friedel, Claudio Reyna captain of Manchester City and Donavan when he was fearless and took on everybody
Refs screwed us vs Germany, we would have gone to the finals
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #42
Canelo_Griffin
I hit open layups

Canelo_Griffin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
That's not a fact. Before 2000 yes, last 10 years it's been pretty even. USA finished top of WC qualifying, beat Mexico in WC 2002, won a couple gold cups, Mexico has won one gold cup.

Since 2000:
CONCACAF Gold Cup Titles: USA - 3; mexico - 3
Overall victories: USA - 10; mexico - 5; draws - 3
WC Appearances: USA - 3; mexico - 3
R16 Appearances (The mexican specialty): USA - 2; Mexico - 3
World Cup Appearances: USA - 1; mexico 0 (Single biggest game in the history of the rivalry. Which USA won.)
Confedrations Cup Results USA - Second place, Third Place; Mexico-?

I take that back, since 2000, USA > Mexico.

You're cute

Mexico -- 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup Champions
Canelo_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #43
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Mexico > America. Easily.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #44
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelo_Griffin
You're cute

Mexico -- 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup Champions

That was played in Mexico City...huge home field advantage. Doesn't count.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #45
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
Mexico > America. Easily.

Except it's not. Keep telling yourself that though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: