Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #16
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board
Default Re: Someone PLEASE explain Fight Club to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdom
So what he means is that Al Pacino / Tony Montana is black? or that it's a movie for black people?

Don't know who this O'neal is and I sure as hell won't look him because he sounds like the worst comedian ever... a black man making white people jokes how original.

No, he was making a joke. He's a comedian and that shit was hilarious
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:51 AM   #17
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ID4 review by Patrice and O&A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEGW2...eature=related

I agree 100000%
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:53 AM   #18
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBeast
No, he was making a joke. He's a comedian and that shit was hilarious

You mean he was a comedian, died not too long ago. Used to listen to him whenever he went on Opie & Anthony, I thought he was pretty funny.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #19
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
You mean he was a comedian, died not too long ago. Used to listen to him whenever he went on Opie & Anthony, I thought he was pretty funny.

I know but 'was' is rather..
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #20
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

basically he IS Tyler Durden. You never actually hear Ed Norton's character name mentioned in the movie. Brad Pitt's character is what he aspires to be in every way but it is really him subconsciously making those aspirations reality
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #21
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
ID4 review by Patrice and O&A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEGW2...eature=related

I agree 100000%

I used to love this movie, but they destroyed it for me . I've looked up tons of Patrice O'neal youtube clips, but never seen this one. Thank you sir! Repped.

I loved Fight Club and Patrice was one of the funniest, realest comics ever. I don't care if he hated Fight Club.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #22
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I used to love this movie, but they destroyed it for me . I've looked up tons of Patrice O'neal youtube clips, but never seen this one. Thank you sir! Repped.

I loved Fight Club and Patrice was one of the funniest, realest comics ever. I don't care if he hated Fight Club.

Don't feel bad. There's plenty of shitty movies that I love.

I already displayed my love for Cloverfield, and I must've played 2012 like a zillion times. I saw it back to back when I got it, then saw it again 2 more times that same weekend and have seen it many more times since.

I LOVE ID4. but he's spot on.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #23
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Tyler Durden didn't exist Norton was just schizophrenic .

So what he means is that Al Pacino / Tony Montana is black? or that it's a movie for black people?

Don't know who this O'neal is and I sure as hell won't look him because he sounds like the worst comedian ever... a black man making white people jokes how original.

i think his point was it speaks to black people, or a subset of black people. in the same way fight club speaks to white people. it is a vision or a desire to be something you're not.

not sure how to answer the OP though? what exactly was confusing? it was pretty straight forward in that it is all explained at the end.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #24
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

How the **** do you not get that movie?
That is one of the easiest "twisted ending" movies there is.
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #25
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
I just saw this movie, and don't know what the **** even happened. I'm sooo confused, especially about the ending! Someone want to help me out?

Just watch it again. That's the point.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The first half of the movie was great. The second half falls apart.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #27
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Patrice O'neal is hilarious and that's coming from the guy with Larry Bird is his avatar. Even when I don't agree with his take on things, I usually like how he states them. His stand up set Elephant in the Room is amazing.

His take on Radiohead's Creep is a classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1qKy4cMPUI

I agree with him at 3:00

Also his critique of Fight Club (which I swear I'm not talking about) is that is a fantasy movie about "a better me." And Scarface isn't a fantasy movie?

Last edited by KevinNYC : 08-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
i think his point was it speaks to black people, or a subset of black people. in the same way fight club speaks to white people. it is a vision or a desire to be something you're not.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #29
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
I just saw this movie, and don't know what the **** even happened. I'm sooo confused, especially about the ending! Someone want to help me out?

You understand that Tyler Durden doesn't exist right? It's all in Ed Norton's characters mind. He made him up. Sometimes he's him, sometimes he's Tyler Durden. Maybe that's why it's confusing to you, because sometimes Tyler Durden is doing the talking to people. But really, it's Ed Norton's character.

One man, two minds.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #30
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm pretty sure at the end of the movie when he has his moment of clarity there is a clear scene that shows Norton fighting himself and kicking his own ass that first night in front of the bar.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: