Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dr Myth: Evaluate my evaluation on Godzuki (Is Godzuki homosexual?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I generally think that people who go around calling people a "f@ggot" all the time are more likely just assholes rather than homosexual. The suicide Swede comment also indicates asshole while not having any hint of repressed sexuality. However, people who focus so strongly on gays in a negative way are obviously uncomfortable with the population. For some, it is true that their discomfort could be due to discomfort with their own sexuality. Often it is just because of some upbringing where they were fed inaccurate information about how evil or bad homosexuality is. Just look at whole religious organizations that preach anti-homosexuality. Would you say that the whole religious organization is filled with people in the closet? Certainly not. There are also people who haven't been taught that it is wrong, but they just weren't around it and don't understand it, and if people dislike things they don't understand, they could conclude on their own that homosexuality is bad. Godzuki could fit into any of the 3 categories, or even in the category of people that use the internet anonymity for shock value (which fits a bit into the asshole category as well, but just more specific to the internet). My personal instinct based just on the examples you provided (not based on posts I remember reading of his) is that he fits into just trying to be an asshole.

Can you do other posters? This is fun.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Can you do other posters? This is fun.

Sure, but I'm not doing my own research. Post some examples of things posters say and I'll give my opinion. Keeping it to a specific theme or question may also help, kind of like how the OP was asking if the examples means Godzuki is homosexual. If it is just a bunch of random quotes that have nothing to do with each other, then there won't be much to conclude.

Last edited by Myth : 08-16-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Godzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
I generally think that people who go around calling people a "f@ggot" all the time are more likely just assholes rather than homosexual. The suicide Swede comment also indicates asshole while not having any hint of repressed sexuality. However, people who focus so strongly on gays in a negative way are obviously uncomfortable with the population. For some, it is true that their discomfort could be due to discomfort with their own sexuality. Often it is just because of some upbringing where they were fed inaccurate information about how evil or bad homosexuality is. Just look at whole religious organizations that preach anti-homosexuality. Would you say that the whole religious organization is filled with people in the closet? Certainly not. There are also people who haven't been taught that it is wrong, but they just weren't around it and don't understand it, and if people dislike things they don't understand, they could conclude on their own that homosexuality is bad. Godzuki could fit into any of the 3 categories, or even in the category of people that use the internet anonymity for shock value (which fits a bit into the asshole category as well, but just more specific to the internet). My personal instinct based just on the examples you provided (not based on posts I remember reading of his) is that he fits into just trying to be an asshole.

well you're probably right since thats the point when insulting others, you're being an a-hole to them. but one thing i think u got wrong in your analysis, and the way people here that take words so literally tend to get wrong is a lot of people who use words like gay or fgt, aren't even probably thinking of homosexuals at all when calling people them, but more them being deragotory terms. very similar to saying someone is a bitch, where someone who takes it very literal will interpet that as being a annoying female...altho i'm not even thinking of that most of the time when using it, its more a fukk u type of deragotory. i guess really depends on context.

many of these words are used less literally more often than not tho, and thats the main flaw i see with people who get so butthurt or nerds that take them way too literally. they just don't get it.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
well you're probably right since thats the point when insulting others, you're being an a-hole to them. but one thing i think u got wrong in your analysis, and the way people here that take words so literally tend to get wrong is a lot of people who use words like gay or fgt, aren't even probably thinking of homosexuals at all when calling people them, but more them being deragotory terms. very similar to saying someone is a bitch, where someone who takes it very literal will interpet that as being a annoying female...altho i'm not even thinking of that most of the time when using it, its more a fukk u type of deragotory. i guess really depends on context.

many of these words are used less literally more often than not tho, and thats the main flaw i see with people who get so butthurt or nerds that take them way too literally. they just don't get it.

Which is why I said you were just trying to be an asshole. I wasn't trying to say that you meant anything sexual by it. The whole part on people who have discomfort around homosexuality was about people who focus negatively on the subject, not necessarily people who use it as an insult to non-gay people.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i'm a very amercanized korean, so what applies over there doesn't really apply to me. don't get me wrong i'm definitely korean but i'm very american cultured/adapted. u can make fun of my eyes, skin, etc. and you'd be more accurate but to say i'm suicidal because of korean stats is flawed. where as millwad is from Sweden...,

Only proves how retarded you really are..

So I'm suicidal because as an average 18.7 people on 100 000 swedes commit suicide?

And it's not like koreans in america are doing any well either mentally:
http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...b dc6219ad3a3

So if you want to judge anything based on any numbers, you're way more suicidal than a random swede..

And by korean standards you're pretty worthless, you only "work" as a mechanic at your dad's auto body shop. Even if it would be your own body shop you'd still be considered a low class korean so judging by the stats and your profession you're not doing really well, my friend.

Last edited by millwad : 08-16-2012 at 03:52 PM.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Only proves how retarded you really are..

So I'm suicidal because as an average 18.7 people on 100 000 swedes commit suicide?

And it's not like koreans in america are doing any well either mentally:
http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...b dc6219ad3a3

So if you want to judge anything based on any numbers, you're way more suicidal than a random swede..

I didn't know you were Swedish before this thread, and now I just want to view you as The Swede from Hell on Wheels (who is actually from Norway).
Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I didn't know you were Swedish before this thread, and now I just want to view you as The Swede from Hell on Wheels (who is actually from Norway).

THANK YOU!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVNgj...eature=related
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #23
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

doesnt greenland have the highest suicide rate
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad

I love that show. And the Swede is one of the best characters. He is one of those characters that you want to die, but at the same time you don't want him to because he adds so much to the show.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #25
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Niko....dont feel bad just because your wife is asian.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: