Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far
Default Jay-z has the worst rhymes ever

I gotta admit, the production in his tracks are pretty good. But honestly. Someone listen to the lyrics of a JayZ track and then listen to the lyrics of a tupac / eminem thread, and tell me with a straight face that JayZ even approaches tupac / eminem / hell even any other joe rapper.

this guy's lyrics are so bad, he would rhyme with the same exact word like 8 times. Listen to tupac. His flow and beat is so incredible. It's like the background produced beats are actually following his lyrics, not the other way around.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:35 AM   #2
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Wow. I thought I was the only one to pick this up. Hes been doing this for a while.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:38 AM   #3
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
I gotta admit, the production in his tracks are pretty good. But honestly. Someone listen to the lyrics of a JayZ track and then listen to the lyrics of a tupac / eminem thread, and tell me with a straight face that JayZ even approaches tupac / eminem / hell even any other joe rapper.

this guy's lyrics are so bad, he would rhyme with the same exact word like 8 times. Listen to tupac. His flow and beat is so incredible. It's like the background produced beats are actually following his lyrics, not the other way around.
jay-z has dumb down his rhymes through out the years for a reason. i hope you're up on reasonable doubt. his narratives were impecable. his delivery was sylablicly on point. he wrote those rhymes...he doesn't write no more. he knows the different formulas between club hits and street records. tupac and em are dope by no means, but no mc can knock out records out of thin air without writing lyrics like jay-z can. the audience right now would not be able to keep up with vintage jay-z, but if you listen his verses, they are still above the game over these down south one dimention 2 words per minute white gown wearin same style havin clowns...
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far
Default re

worst rhymes ever? with that headline, I aint even gonna read what u posted.

Jay is a lyricist... may not be the best, but he definetly aint nowhere near the worst. I see u mentioned eminem... go listen to his verse on "smack that"...
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

If by 'worst' you mean best, then yeah I agree...

jay is nasty...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far
Default re

dogg... ur name is wade money and u have a fukin cartoon as ur avatar.... go listen to some classic Jay and say that... matter fact, go Listen to Kingdom come.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

Sometimes it can sound a little corny. Download the track 44 4's. Its sick
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #8
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKing
Sometimes it can sound a little corny. Download the track 44 4's. Its sick

dope ****...
i saw lupe fiasco live yesterday, this guy is the future of hip hop.
he lyrically >>>>>> jigga atm
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: