Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: We still need a backup center IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Nothing to do with the rules at all.......it's strictly about the talent and it is comparatively terrible.

What I blame most is that the 3pt line has destroyed the importance of dominating the paint.
Second is that the league has too many teams so the talent is horribly watered down.....so yeah, a whole ton of guys who would be backups are now starting.

I agree, more teams means the overall talent gets watered down. Imagine getting rid of two teams and putting their star players on other teams.... I still think the new rules have a play in it too though. I'd much rather have basketball with a 3 point line than without.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jamison will likely backup the 4, Hill at the 5, and Ebanks at the 3.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I agree, more teams means the overall talent gets watered down. Imagine getting rid of two teams and putting their star players on other teams.... I still think the new rules have a play in it too though. I'd much rather have basketball with a 3 point line than without.

Yeah, contracting 2-4 teams would make the talent level on the remaining teams crazy good, I mean who would actually miss a few of these bad teams....lol.

I loved watching the more exciting brand of basketball in the ABA, they really did some crazy stuff, I loved the 3pt shot for them but I was completely against it for the NBA. Teams didn't take to it at first but gradually more and more shots were taken......just look at how few 3's Bird shot compared to Kobe.
Now I really enjoy it even though it is overused.
My pet peeve.....or one of them is when you have a 2 on 1 fastbreak and one guy pulls out to the 3pt line and takes a shot. My players know not to do this because I'll go nuts and give them an ear full if they miss......even if they make it I'll still grill them.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
My pet peeve.....or one of them is when you have a 2 on 1 fastbreak and one guy pulls out to the 3pt line and takes a shot. My players know not to do this because I'll go nuts and give them an ear full if they miss......even if they make it I'll still grill them.

You're not alone in that peeve!!!

They think a 50% chance (cause they're wide open) chance at a 3 is
as good as a 99% chance at a layup for 2..... Those players are about "me"
and are not team players...

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #20
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

but the topic is supposed to be:

DO WE HAVE ENOUGH BIGS?

or do we need a backup center?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #21
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Over in the "Final Roster" thread, I put my guess at the depthchart as follows:

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Johnson-Odom
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Howard/?????/Sacre

and you can see I think there's a hole at backup centre....

According to NBA.com, these centers are available:

Player Pos Age Exp Type Old Team New Team Contract More
Alabi, Solomon C 24 2yrs RFA PHI --- --- ---
Andersen, Chris C 34 10yrs UFA DEN --- --- Nuggets waive Andersen via amnesty clause
Battie, Tony C 36 15yrs UFA PHI --- --- ---
Curry, Eddy C 29 11yrs UFA MIA --- --- ---
Dampier, Erick C 36 16yrs UFA ATL --- --- ---
Diop, DeSagana C 30 11yrs UFA* CHA --- --- ---
Erden, Semih C 25 2yrs RFA CLE --- --- Erdin signs two-year deal with team in Turkey
Fesenko, Kyrylo C 25 5yrs UFA IND --- --- ---
Magloire, Jamaal C 34 12yrs UFA TOR --- --- ---
Milicic, Darko C 27 9yrs UFA*** MIN --- --- Wolves use amnesty option to waive Darko Milicic
Whiteside, HassanC 23 2yrs UFA*** SAC --- --- Kings waive Whiteside

WOULD ANY OF THESE PLAYERS BE A GOOD FIT FOR THE LAKERS?

OR DO YOU THINK PAU WILL PLAY THERE ENOUGH TO FILL THAT HOLE?

I say Darko is the best of this bunch. But I don't think we can afford him. Jordan Hill is our backup center right now, and I think he will be sufficient. I would like to see us get another athletic perimeter defender though. I'm big on Terrence Williams or maybe Austin Daye right now.

Last edited by kkinchen : 08-21-2012 at 03:21 PM.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
but the topic is supposed to be:

DO WE HAVE ENOUGH BIGS?

or do we need a backup center?

I think that by the time I posted #6 post in this thread, that issue was dead and those who posted agreed that we don't need another backup Center at all.

The thread just evolved from that point forward.

Going back to what evolved from there is that the Center position in the NBA is so weak that Centers who should be backups are starting, and their backups are so weak that an average PF can more than handle them. We have Hill and Pau who can handle any backup center in the league......even whip their @ss too

I would like to have Birdman or KMart to fill in any gaps in toughness as our final addition.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
I'm big on Terrence Williams or maybe Austin Daye right now.

How could the Lakers end up with Daye?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: