Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
get these NETS
you can't stop me
 
get these NETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,702
get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
He is underrated because he is white.

Isiah is better than Stockton, LOL what is next, John Wall is greater than Michael Jordan?
hehehehe

Isiah has that hardware though..WITHOUT a top 50 teammate.

Stockton had Isiah introduce him at the HOF induction because of the reverence he has for him, so you don't have to respect Zeke..Stockton does.


Last edited by get these NETS : 08-21-2012 at 01:14 PM.
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #17
Hands of Iron
[ Sickplicity 33 ]
 
Hands of Iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 660
Hands of Iron is popular on this boardHands of Iron is popular on this boardHands of Iron is popular on this boardHands of Iron is popular on this boardHands of Iron is popular on this board
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
He is underrated because he is white.

Isiah is better than Stockton, LOL what is next, John Wall is greater than Michael Jordan?

Hands of Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
Niquesports
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 3,358
Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
He is underrated because he is white.

Isiah is better than Stockton, LOL what is next, John Wall is greater than Michael Jordan?

Stockton better than Isiah
Whats next javel McGee is better than Shaq ?
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #19
Niquesports
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 3,358
Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
hehehehe

Isiah has that hardware though..WITHOUT a top 50 teammate.

Stockton had Isiah introduce him at the HOF induction because of the reverence he has for him, so you don't have to respect Zeke..Stockton does.



I just don't get it. Most consider Stockton the 5th Greates PG of All Time

Magic
Oscar
Thomas
Frazier
Stockton
I would have him 6th Behind Payton.
He is a guy that played with atop 50 maybe the greatest scoring PF of all time
yet never won a ring
Never was the best player on his own team
Never won a MVp
How is he being Underrated ?
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #20
LeBird
Good High School Starter
 
LeBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 909
LeBird has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

The problem Stockton and other PGs in general have is that they're going to be compared to Magic...who is just that much better than them. So they're going to get under-appreciated to a certain extent.
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
Niquesports
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 3,358
Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBird
The problem Stockton and other PGs in general have is that they're going to be compared to Magic...who is just that much better than them. So they're going to get under-appreciated to a certain extent.


I get your point but I disagree. Magic then Oscar are on a different tier. All other PG get compared from there.Stockton had longivity and was durable. Thinks that hurt players like KJ and Nate Archibald.Dennis Johnson just doesnt have the numbers .Cousy and hal Greer just played in a era most dont know about. I dont see how anyone can call Stockton underrated being ranked 5th .
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
get these NETS
you can't stop me
 
get these NETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,702
get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

don't hold your breath waiting for responses

clowns just post stuff based on emotion and race..and when you bring in things like logic....they scatter....just like bitches.
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #23
MastahX
I eat dead people
 
MastahX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 365
MastahX has decent reputation
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

best pg to ever play the game
MastahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #24
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,135
TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
hehehehe

Isiah has that hardware though..WITHOUT a top 50 teammate.

Stockton had Isiah introduce him at the HOF induction because of the reverence he has for him, so you don't have to respect Zeke..Stockton does.


He did it because he pitied Isiah because everybody gave him lots of shit after destroying a basketball league, the Knicks and missed the Dream Team. It's not respect, it's trying to help a fallen brotha.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #25
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,144
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports
I just don't get it. Most consider Stockton the 5th Greates PG of All Time

Magic
Oscar
Thomas
Frazier
Stockton
I would have him 6th Behind Payton.
He is a guy that played with atop 50 maybe the greatest scoring PF of all time
yet never won a ring
Never was the best player on his own team
Never won a MVp
How is he being Underrated ?

He was the best player on his own team as far as I'm concerned.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
Niquesports
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 3,358
Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
He was the best player on his own team as far as I'm concerned.



Well thats it He was the best ever You have spoken
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #27
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick
 
Round Mound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,081
Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Stockton was Better than Isiah but He Was NOT the Best on his Team. Malone was. Although, If you Go By Clutchness then Stockton Might Be the Best On His Team for "some".

Don`t Give Me This Crap that Isiah Did Not Have A Top 50 Player but What He Had WAS A TEAM FULL OF ALL STARS AND GREAT DEFENDERS AND SHOOTERS. ALOT OF TOOLS:

1-A TOP REBOUNDER AND POST DEFENDER IN THE LEAGUE BILL LAIMBEER
2-BEST 1 ON 1 DEFENDER EVER AND THE GREATEST REBOUNDER POUND FOR POUND IN DENNIS RODMAN
3-MARK AGUIRRE A TOP SCORER IN THE 80S
4-A GREAT SCORER IN VINNIE JOHNSOJN
5-ADRIAN DANTLEY A TOP SCORER IN THE 80S (might have gotten in the Top 50 had he won a ring)
6-A TOP DEFENDER AND SHOOTER IN JOE DUMARS
7-SALLEY AND MAHORN: GREAT SHOT BLOKCER AND POST DEFENDER/REBOUNDER

Isiah Had Alot of Help

Last edited by Round Mound : 08-22-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #28
fsvr54
Decent college freshman
 
fsvr54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,626
fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

You forgot Vinnie Johnson

Isaiah was still great though.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #29
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman
 
SyRyanYang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: AKLD,NZ
Posts: 2,723
SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
He is underrated because he is white.

Isiah is better than Stockton, LOL what is next, John Wall is greater than Michael Jordan?
But, but they are both black.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #30
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,144
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: John Stockton 1-15-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports

Well thats it He was the best ever You have spoken

Best on his team equates to best ever?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy