Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

G.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What percentage of posters lie about their age?

I am stunned how often I'll go to put someone whose intelligence, grammar, and behavior is that of a 13-14 year old and their profile says they are 28-40 years old...

I know they are lying because anyone that age who is that stupid surely never figured out how to use the internet.

Also if anyone over the age of 22 ever posts a "u mad" image, they should kill themselves.

No one really does that right?
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
liquidrage
Banned

liquidrage has decent reputationliquidrage has decent reputation
Default Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?

I don't think I've ever posted "u mad?" but I post a ton of stupid stuff and am 38. At issue is that, to me, the internet is one place I can blow off steam and act like a jerk sometimes. All the pent up frustration from work ya dig?
liquidrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have no clue why somebody would fake their age. It's a basketball forum, not a bar. Really no advantage to being older.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I'm 21

Problem?
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKnicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidrage
I don't think I've ever posted "u mad?" but I post a ton of stupid stuff and am 38. At issue is that, to me, the internet is one place I can blow off steam and act like a jerk sometimes. All the pent up frustration from work ya dig?

wait hold on, you're saying people act like jerks on the internet? THE HECK YOU SAY!
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

I'm 20. Is that too young for ISH? Btw, I agree those "u mad" pics are childish.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I have no clue why somebody would fake their age. It's a basketball forum, not a bar. Really no advantage to being older.

Bu..bu..bu.. but older people are cool
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
liquidrage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
wait hold on, you're saying people act like jerks on the internet? THE HECK YOU SAY!

Only when I'm drunk! Or thinking about getting drunk.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

G.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidrage

No. I stopped doing that when I was like 18 and the internet was brand new.

Get a membership to a gym and workout or join a rec sports league to blow off steam. Don't antagonize anonymous people for no reason. I don't see how any well-adjusted adult would think that's a worthwhile pursuit.

Also there is a never a good reason to act like a jerk for the sake of acting like a jerk. That's what teenagers do before they grow up.
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Bu..bu..bu.. but older people are cool

I'm 21, what would telling people I'm 30 serve? Why would an 18 year old want to lie and be 21? I get the advantages offline, but on a msg board it makes no sense to me.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm 24. But I don't mind people having some fun around here.
It's just a forum, don't take it too seriously.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.A.T

Also there is a never a good reason to act like a jerk for the sake of acting like a jerk. That's what teenagers do before they grow up.

Not really. Assholes come in all ages.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
liquidrage
Banned

Quote:
No. I stopped doing that when I was like 18 and the internet was brand new.

Get a membership to a gym and workout or join a rec sports league to blow off steam. Don't antagonize anonymous people for no reason. I don't see how any well-adjusted adult would think that's a worthwhile pursuit.

I don't agree with you. Basically I think you're a conceded asshole that believes your way is the right way even though it's completely subjective. When you get older you'll learn to not worry about what other people do or say and focus on yourself.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I am stunned how often I'll go to put someone whose intelligence, grammar, and behavior is that of a 13-14 year old and their profile says they are 28-40 years old...

I know they are lying because anyone that age who is that stupid surely never figured out how to use the internet.

Also if anyone over the age of 22 ever posts a "u mad" image, they should kill themselves.

No one really does that right?
I certainly have, although people that have seen me post obviously know that's few and far between. Truthfully speaking I'm 24 years old. I don't see why anybody over 22 would lie about their age because after a while you feel pathetic being in your 20s yet arguing with 15 y/o's on a basketball forum. The only reason people post those gifs is the comedic value of it. I personally literally lol quite a bit when a flame war ensures in a thread in which it eventually degrades into a gif/u mad posting war.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputation

Makes a thread about people's ages.

Doesn't state his own age.

U mad?
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: