Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #31
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
then you were fortunate enough to see us wreck that goofball



49-3 halfway through the 3rd quarter (35-0 at half) ....there's your Heisman winner


KILL YOURSELF YOU PATHETIC NUT-RIDING HOMER. F@g boi
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #32
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitkid816
It's an evaluation based off of observations of his skillset. I think as a prospect he is at best a HUGE project with great potential, and at worst just a flat out bust of course. still a huge project nonetheless. i hope he proves me wrong

He will prove you wrong. The CHI game was kinda rough but the pass pro broke down often and early and the guy played like *gasp* a rookie!!! Made some mistakes but a necessary step in the process.

In the Buffalo game he looked like a pocket passing QB with a strong arm and a quick delivery, like Aaron Rodgers. Not saying he'll be on that level but the similarities were there with even those 6 passing attempts.

I was glad he kinda struggled against the Bears.


As for Cowboy Thunder, guy is a f@ggot who doesn't like anybody who can threaten and surpass his OK State (irrelevant compared the Sooners or NFL) Cowboys.

Ask anyone if they'd rather have Brandon Weeden or Robert Griffin III


Last edited by ROCSteady : 08-22-2012 at 12:20 PM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #33
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Cousins > Weeden


so far as an NFL player, yup.


Cousins destroyed for 3 TD's albeit against backups he was very sharp.


Weeden is an old, fat Irish guy who will throw many INTs this season with no number 1 receiver.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #34
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence
 
Cowboy Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ...smells good man
Posts: 3,558
Smile Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
KILL YOURSELF YOU PATHETIC NUT-RIDING HOMER. F@g boi



Fancy way of calling me an alumnus?

RGIII cried when he came through here; that's all I'll remember about him. GL with ze cryyyy baby
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #35
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence
 
Cowboy Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ...smells good man
Posts: 3,558
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
As for Cowboy Thunder, guy is a f@ggot who doesn't like anybody who can threaten and surpass his OK State (irrelevant compared the Sooners or NFL) Cowboys.

Ask anyone if they'd rather have Brandon Weeden or Robert Griffin III

Have you ever even been to a football game?


I've seen QB's come and go in the Big 12 for years, RGIII is nothing special. Just bagged a Hypesman because they've been pushing it for him since he was a freshman.

Two best QB's I've ever seen with my own eyes:

1. Sam Bradford
2. Brandon Weeden



> Robert Griffin III, Colt McCoy, Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbertt, Stephen McGee, Jerrod Johnson, Vince Young, Landry Jones, Jason White, Paul Thompson, Taylor Martinez, etc., etc., etc.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #36
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 13,892
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Peyton Manning 6'5, 230
Jay Cutler 6'3, 220
Philip Rivers 6'5, 228
Alex Smith 6'4, 216
Matt Ryan 6'4, 220
Eli Manning 6'4, 218
Matthew Stafford 6'3, 232
Tony Romo 6'2, 228
Tom Brady 6'4, 225
Drew Brees 6'0, 209
Aaron Rodgers 6'2, 225

"In 2010, the average starting quarterback was more than 6-3 and 225 pounds."

He's pretty much at the average size, and almost identical size to Rodgers.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #37
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,872
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
Two best QB's I've ever seen with my own eyes:

1. Sam Bradford
2. Brandon Weeden





you clearly haven't watched many QBs then
Bradford who will bust (sorry prime)
weeden not really sure, but he didn't seem all that impressive
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #38
detroitkid816
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 487
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Same can be said for virtually any QB coming out of the college game into the NFL.

Just curious: what is your prediction on Locker?
true, but griffin is less developed as a passer than even the average 2-3 round prospect. the reason why i created this thread was because of the unnecessary hype and unrealistic expectations that surround the dude. if people weren't predicting him to not only have a decent rookie season, but also eventually "revolutionize" the qb position, this thread would be insignificant. he showed close to nothing you'd want in a passing prospect.

I'm not much of an nfl prospect aficionado, so i haven't gathered much observation on many other prosects. from what i have seen of him though, he has the physical tools.
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #39
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,869
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

close to nothing as a passing prospect? he has great arm strength, can throw on the run and has good touch and accuracy, especially on his long throws. making throws isn't the main critique for griffin...it's reading defenses and transitioning to a pro style offense. barring injury, i really can't see him having a worse career than say, donovan mcnabb
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #40
detroitkid816
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 487
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
close to nothing as a passing prospect? he has great arm strength, can throw on the run and has good touch and accuracy, especially on his long throws. making throws isn't the main critique for griffin...it's reading defenses and transitioning to a pro style offense. barring injury, i really can't see him having a worse career than say, donovan mcnabb
yeah, i pointed out earlier that he does have a terrific deep ball and he does in fact possess a good arm. very quick release. he's mobile obviously and his unorthodox throwing motion on the run enables him to make rather difficult throws on the move with pretty impressive velocity. so yeah, close to nothing is a stretch. physically he isn't really all that disadvantaded, but of course he could be a tad taller and a bit more girthy. he didn't display very good accuracy on the intermediate and many times short throws at all to be honest. so yeah i agree with your post exculding the mcnabb part
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #41
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year
 
Tarik One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,240
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Didn't Cam Newton have a shiitty preseason during his rookie year? I'm almost certain he did. And the criticisms were similar.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #42
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,535
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

I think he'll be a bust because Washington, both franchise and fan base, seems to believe he is far more NFL starting ready than he actually is.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #43
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
Have you ever even been to a football game?


I've seen QB's come and go in the Big 12 for years, RGIII is nothing special. Just bagged a Hypesman because they've been pushing it for him since he was a freshman.

Two best QB's I've ever seen with my own eyes:

1. Sam Bradford
2. Brandon Weeden



> Robert Griffin III, Colt McCoy, Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbertt, Stephen McGee, Jerrod Johnson, Vince Young, Landry Jones, Jason White, Paul Thompson, Taylor Martinez, etc., etc., etc.


I can assure you I've been to more QUALITY football games than you. F uck Oklahoma State, I go to numerous NFL games, the highest level.

Oklahoma doesn't even have a pro team....oh wait, they do. THE SOONERS. You b!tches are forever second fiddle.

I love Bradford but RG will dwarf his stats and impact initially because his team and system are far better
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,733
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

He must have scouted the wrong QB or something.

At any rate, Garcon appears to be RGIII favorite target.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #45
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,690
Default Re: pretty sure RG3 will bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitkid816
true, but griffin is less developed as a passer than even the average 2-3 round prospect. the reason why i created this thread was because of the unnecessary hype and unrealistic expectations that surround the dude. if people weren't predicting him to not only have a decent rookie season, but also eventually "revolutionize" the qb position, this thread would be insignificant. he showed close to nothing you'd want in a passing prospect.

I'm not much of an nfl prospect aficionado, so i haven't gathered much observation on many other prosects. from what i have seen of him though, he has the physical tools.

Griffin completed nearly 70% of his collegiate passes, a figure only hurt by his 60% completion rate as a freshman. By his junior season, his team was consistently winning games.

Locker struggled to complete 55% at the college level in a weak PAC 10 and never led a team to better than 6-6 record. What "tools" does he appear to have? Same height. Less accomplished as a passer. Run first. Horribly inaccurate.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy