Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #31
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If Lebron Wins the Championship in 2013, Where does he Rank All-Time?

No way of knowing. Raw ring count doesn't mean all that much, so it really depends on what kind of run he has, as well as how much help he receives.

I doubt Wade/Bosh will be as hurt as they were this season, so this ring won't be as meaningful as LeBron's first unless he puts up monster numbers (i.e. 09 playoffs).
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #32
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board
Default Re: If Lebron Wins the Championship in 2013, Where does he Rank All-Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
That's a retarded logic Mr. European. Kobe is now playing with Nash, Gasol, Howard. He played with the best Center in the 2000's.

Who mentioned Kobe??????

I didn't even post anythingthat would make you need to use the word "logic".....
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #33
Sleu27
I brick open layups

Sleu27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeBowen
Back to back? Beating Howard, Kobe, Nash lakers/OKC?
Easily 10 kicking Hakeem to 11.

Nah

This makes more sense

Sleu27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #34
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
LMFAO what a tard you are, it's an opinion and nothing more deal with it...and I FORGOT to mention Hakeem...Replace moses with hakeem..And if you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed I said I DON'T RATE PEOPLE UNTIL THEY ARE RETIRED..IT WAS A LIST OF RETIRED PLAYERS which I said... Is Duncan retired Mr omnipresent ISH poster? Now your opinion is invalid because you obviously can't read

And yes, the BIG O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ee2Ag5GeMQ

(I'm just messing with you I don't take this shit serious, just giving you what you gave to me)

and lol I know man, this forum shit is never to be taken that seriously.

But yeah, fundamental disagreement between us in our ranking of top 10, while I like your criteria involving a persons retirement, I don't deem it completely neccessary in ranking. You can pretty much get a general feel for a person's ranking usually toward the twilight of their careers (ala Duncan, Kobe).

And the Big O was incredible, can't argue but the lack of hardware makes it difficult for me to put him in that top 10, can't argue with top 12-15 though.

And say whatever you want about him, but by the time he retires (in accordance with your conditions), you can't leave out this man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyKgaeAoa-g
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #35
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't know 'bout you guys, but Kobe gets the kick outta my top 10 not Hakeem
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #36
GoSpursGo1984
Great young streetballer

GoSpursGo1984 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
I don't know 'bout you guys, but Kobe gets the kick outta my top 10 not Hakeem

So Kobe's bigger number of rings means nothing to you? It is amazing how compared to other greats Kobe accomplishments get devalued.
GoSpursGo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
So Kobe's bigger number of rings means nothing to you? It is amazing how compared to other greats Kobe accomplishments get devalued.
I don't count Kobe's first three to be honest. He was the Pippen to Shaq. That, and Hakeem's back-to-backs>>>Kobe's back-to-back.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
alleykat
High school junior varsity star

alleykat has an OK reputation so far

depends again on wut else he wins....

fans of him will rate him too high
fans of kobe will rate him too low....
I'm usually not one to generalize but these boards have proven it....

to me as of right now kobe and him are interchangeable....take away the hype of both including the fans and just look at skills and games alone, it's easy to see they both have incredible games and skills yet have had major letdowns as well.....

Last edited by alleykat : 08-19-2012 at 10:40 PM.
alleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #39
KyrieTheFuture
College star

KyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat cool

10-12 as he is 12-15 now.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #40
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #41
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If he beats L.A to win another ring many will have him in the top 10 I have no doubt about that.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #42
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has an OK reputation so far

It doesn't matter about the ring. If he plays amazing, he will be ranked high to me. If he doesn't, he won't.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #43
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The better question is...WHAT IF HE NEVER WINS AGAIN????

SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #44
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

G.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
No way of knowing. Raw ring count doesn't mean all that much

It sort of does though.

Your point is well taken it's not just about the rings, however...

The typical top ten seems to be:

Bird, Duncan, Hakeem, Jordan, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Russell, Shaq, Wilt

Those are the ten guys who would have at least two titles as the best player and at least two finals MVPs (had they always been given out) in the post shot clock era.

So getting that second ring as the best clear best player and finals MVP does mean something.

In my opinion, with the aforementioned season no worse than 12. I'd probably have him between 7 and 9 ahead of Hakeem, Mikan and Kobe for sure and depending on if he won another regular season MVP probably closer to #7 right on Bird's tail.

Last edited by G.O.A.T : 08-20-2012 at 12:52 AM.
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #45
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Not at all a Lebron hater, but top 10 players are players that change the game. Lebron has been a great player but he hasnt revolutionized anything, he's just good at everything. For example, I have Iverson in the top 10 because he really left a mark on the game and his influence is seen in every NBA game you watch. With Lebron, He's just a big ass dude that can keep up with anyone, and roids are a possibility, dude could probably scrape a gorilla. Idk. And the Miami shit isn't even that serious. If cleveland signed Wade/Bosh and payed luxury nobody would have said anything like with the 08 celtics......hating on Lebron is stupid but so is putting him in the top 10 of all time
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: