Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 10 Greatest NBA Teams of All-Time According to InsideHoops - Vote #1

SpecialQue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 10 Greatest NBA Teams of All-Time According to InsideHoops - Vote #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Vote for the best team in NBA History. We will have 10 rounds of this to determine the top 10 nba teams of all time according to ISH.

Candidates for #1: 1967 Sixers, 1971 Bucks, 1972 Lakers, 1983 Sixers, 1986 Celtics, 1987 Lakers, 1992 Bulls, 1996 Bulls
I think 1965 Celtics should be there alongside those teams too.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
Horatio33
Winning>Stats

Horatio33 has an OK reputation so far

1986 Boston Celtics.
Horatio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

here's the list from the 50th anniversary, in case anybody's interested:

http://www.nba.com/history/toptenteams_index.html
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #20
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

2001 lakers

15-1 playoff record

best 2 man combo ever ( even if it wasnt for a long time )

2001 kobe = 28/7/6 ( 30/6/5 playoffs )

2001 shaq = 28/12/3 ( 30/12/3 playoffs )

+ 2 of the most clutch role players ever = fisher/horry
kennethgriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #21
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

83 sixers
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #22
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

1986 Celtics

Nominate 2001 Lakers
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
ThunderStruk022
Serious playground baller

ThunderStruk022 has decent reputation

Single season team I gotta go '86 Celtics. I have them and the '87 Lakers as 1a and 1b.
ThunderStruk022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Will add shortly.

BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #25
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStruk022
Single season team I gotta go '86 Celtics. I have them and the '87 Lakers as 1a and 1b.

Same for me. Followed by '72 Lakers.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

67 sixers
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't speak on this with authority, because I wasn't alive during the time and I'm not knowledgeable enough to do so. However, in various books I've read, some consider the 70s (specifically early 70s to mid 70s) to be a watered down and weaker era due to the ABA, and is considered the weakest era in NBA history. Not saying teams like the '71 Bucks and '72 Lakers weren't great, but I don't know if I can consider them for #1, or even top 3-5 all-time.

Also, how do you pick one team from the 60s Celtics dynasty? I'm actually asking? I know the 1964-1965 team is widely considered the best, but what makes it better than the others? Cousy retired two seasons earlier, but Sam Jones had his breakout season, and Havlicek was entering the early stages of his prime.

That's another thing; someone like me, who is just 25, knows about those 60's Celtics teams, but I remember I used to always think Russell, Cousy, and Havlicek all played together. I kinda sorta knew who guys like Tommy Heinsohn, and Sam Jones were, but didn't know when exactly they were on the team. It wasn't until the last few years that I realized Cousy, Russell, and Havlicek never played together when all three were really at or near their peak. I think Cousy's last year was Havlicek's last, and Havlicek didn't really reach his peak until the last year's of Russell's career or after he retired.

Anyway, my vote is for the '86 Celtics.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
DTreats
Banned

DTreats has a very bad reputationDTreats has a very bad reputationDTreats has a very bad reputationDTreats has a very bad reputation

04 Lakers
DTreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #29
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Between '87 Lakers and '96 Bulls for me.

I'm gonna say '96 Bulls, however, in the end it seems ISH will vote '86 Celtics first anyway
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
Horatio33
Winning>Stats

Horatio33 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
1986 Celtics

Nominate 2001 Lakers

2001 Lakers weren't out of this world in the regular season. Not in top 5 team.
Horatio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: