Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
joshwake
Local High School Star

Default Re: Will the Thunder win a championship in 4-5yrs with this current team?

Here is the problem; People always seem to like to point out OKC as a current example that small market teams can be successful, but you have to get extremely lucky in drafts and/or trades. Because as soon as your guys play well they increase in value and you can no longer afford them. You have one more year with this team and then OKC wont be able to afford keeping everyone.

The stars apparently aligned for San Antonio, and perhaps they have a deal with satan. They tanked intentionally to get Duncan and he has been everything and more that was predicted. They got lucky with Parker and Ginobli, big time, but yes, on top of all that they have a very very good front office.

I agree with having no restrictions on salaries but having a hard cap for teams. The owners really should have let the season go last year to hold out for it, the league would be better off down the road for everyone.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #17
b1imtf
raep tiem

Default Re: Will the Thunder win a championship in 4-5yrs with this current team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
I honestly thought this Thunder squad was overrated, mates. The West had a down year in terms of elites, methinks. San Antonio was a team built for the regular season, the Mavericks were retooling, and the Lakers were bloody lethargic and burned out.

I only think OKC made it as far as they did because thy were simply hungrier than some of these perennial contenders havin off years, mates. I frankly dont think theyd have beaten a healthy Celtics or Bulls nor of course Heat had they been in the East.

The Lakers are now light years ahead of them. Some other teams out west could potentially pull even with a significant move (though there may not be any for any of em to make).

Anyhow mates all Im saying is that I didnt see them as any kind of dynasty team at all. Theyre good but I certainly dont think theyre great.
Mates mates mates mates mates mates mates mates mates mates
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
ganja0710
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
I honestly thought this Thunder squad was overrated, mates. The West had a down year in terms of elites, methinks. San Antonio was a team built for the regular season, the Mavericks were retooling, and the Lakers were bloody lethargic and burned out.

I only think OKC made it as far as they did because thy were simply hungrier than some of these perennial contenders havin off years, mates. I frankly dont think theyd have beaten a healthy Celtics or Bulls nor of course Heat had they been in the East.

The Lakers are now light years ahead of them. Some other teams out west could potentially pull even with a significant move (though there may not be any for any of em to make).

Anyhow mates all Im saying is that I didnt see them as any kind of dynasty team at all. Theyre good but I certainly dont think theyre great.

you're just dumb, mate. we all get that.
ganja0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

1. Small Market
2. Doesn't have Stern's backing to do lopsided deals like the Howard trade.

I'd say NO.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #20
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Yes

Durant is a future hall of famer. Great Players + quality teammates wins championship.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #21
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwake
The stars apparently aligned for San Antonio, and perhaps they have a deal with satan. They tanked intentionally to get Duncan and he has been everything and more that was predicted. They got lucky with Parker and Ginobli, big time, but yes, on top of all that they have a very very good front office.

The Spurs got lucky but they never made deal with satan, unlike the Lakers (which is satan's official team). Dude, David Robinson is a true Jesus follower!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #22
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
The Spurs got lucky but they never made deal with satan, unlike the Lakers (which is satan's official team). Dude, David Robinson is a true Jesus follower!

What???
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #23
DixieNourmous
Livin Large

Not so sure they will actually win a championship before Durant bails to LA with Westbrook.

Lets face it, its Oklahoma. (not hatin/real talk)

Westbrook went to UCLA and KNOWS what the babes look like there. Easy pickens for a young millionaire

Last edited by DixieNourmous : 08-19-2012 at 11:29 PM.
DixieNourmous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #24
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
I think they have to win in the next 3 seasons to avoid breaking up this core of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden.

They'll do whatever it takes to keep Durant but I could see them moving RW if they can get desperate.
Agreed with the first part. I don't like WB all that much, but I can't see them trying to get rid of him. I do think he should be moved to the 2 and have someone else at the 1.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #25
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
What???

Come on dude, even though you're a Lebron fan, you can't be that stupid right?
Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #26
noosaman
Banned

They won't win if they allow Durant to be a 1st option. He needs to be a 2nd or 3rd option where he can just catch and shoot.
noosaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #27
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noosaman
They won't win if they allow Durant to be a 1st option. He needs to be a 2nd or 3rd option where he can just catch and shoot.

They need a low post player.
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #28
noosaman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
They need a low post player.

That too although Ibaka can develop into that guy.
noosaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #29
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

Yes, and they'll win more than the Lakers will in the same time frame.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #30
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noosaman

You're easily one of the best trolls and worst posters on ISH. Your hate for Durant goes beyond ridiculous. A 2nd or even 3rd option? You mean the leading scorer in the league the last two years whose team got to the WCF and Finals should take a backseat and be the 2nd or 3rd option?

You have to be trolling, because there's no way you're actually that stupid.

Last edited by KG215 : 08-20-2012 at 02:00 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: